RaceDepartment Racing Manager - Season 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'm just tagging the guys who did because since there are less players now, some might want to take less risk in their bids

Okay so I've had time for an update.
I've already updated the engines, tyres, and driver names in the second post, so I will go through the actual drivers here (without getting the contract details out, just the driver).
The actual driver list is on the previous page in the spoiler as you probably know :p

Jawz GP: Race Drivers 38 & 60. Test driver 43.
Jawz GP's lineup looks like one of the weaker ones on the grid. Perhaps the money went elsewhere?

Mars GP: Race Drivers 10 & 65. Test driver 57, young drivers 11 & 24.
Mars GP's lineup looks strong, however, backed by the bargain Ford engine. The team is certainly hoping for luck here, as they're gonna need it to capitalise on the very, very strong young drivers' programme.

Cider GP: Race driver 14 & 59. Test driver 50.
Cider GP fails to acquire the services of one of their race drivers, but the sole driver they got right now looks competitive.

Nitro GP: Race drivers 21 & 30. Test driver 90, young driver 54.
Nitro GP's lineup looks very equal amongst both drivers, but there is the concern that they are too slow. They also had a failed attempt at getting any development drivers, and I had to take one big laugh when they signed the same young drivers as the race drivers of Mills Motorsports!

Sigman Racing: Race drivers 18 & 28. Test driver 44.
Another team that's gone for a no-first-driver policy, and thrown a lot of money at it as well. But will the drivers be fast enough to score points?

DTK Racing: Race drivers 9 & 97. Test driver 48.
DTK Racing went for a clear #1 in Heidfeld it seems, in what is one of the stronger drivers in the field. Same can't be said about his teammate..

Sony Racing: Race drivers 13 & 52. Test driver 61, young driver 80.
Sony went for the DTK approach, just a bit safer on the second driver. Again, the first driver is expected to perform but maybe the team wants to give both drivers a chance.

MMS: Race drivers 45 & 64. Test driver 51.
And here we get to the weakest complete lineup on the current grid. As with Jawz, we can only hope the money went to a good cause.

Falcon: Race Drivers 16 & 22. Test driver 86. Young driver 87
Falcon tried burning the money on two competitive drivers, but failing to do so as they got outbidded. Still, we expect good performances from the second driver, but this will no doubt hurt them.

Schwift Racing: Race drivers 4 & 100. Test driver 41, young drivers 36 & 83.
And here we get to what I think is the best, and definetly most biased driver lineup on the grid. Schwift clearly had to overspend for the services of driver #4 but the backing from driver #100 will no doubt help overcome that.

Ford GP: Race drivers 27 & 40. Test driver 91.
Ford GP is another team that went with a conservative #1 driver, trying to save money for development. However, their #2 driver deal didn't go through which won't help.

and last but not least,
Force Mahindra: Race drivers 15 & 67. Test driver 42, young driver 20.
The lineup of Force Mahindria is another reasonable one, where there seems to be a clear #1.

Final comments:
Lots of different strategies, I'm curious how the season will pan out! I feel like Schwift have done the best job, with DTK also doing a pretty good job too. MMS and Jawz GP will start off slow but I expect them to go up, and in that also build a strong base for S2. However, by far the best future prospects seem to be on Mars GP's side, with a very good young drivers programme.

If you have all the drivers you wanted signed, then you can relax for a few days, or if you didn't sign the young driver you wanted you can relax also, as they are not necesarry (but you can still try to get one!). If not, then you will have to sign the required drivers from the new driver list I'm going to publish in a bit. (or if you're Sigman Racing or DTK you have to battle for the engine too)
Oh and, if you get confused, in the second post I put the driver names rather than the drivers, so if you sign a new driver in that position you can name him like that, but you can also change the name, all up to you!

Last edited:
IMPORTANT!
Okay, so a little something for you guys who failed to sign drivers then, a new list
upload_2016-8-27_0-39-1.png

As you can see, it is a lot shorter than it used to be, as some drivers lost patience, and the remaining drivers are asking for more money than they did before.
The process is the same, if you have any free spaces in your team at race driver or test driver positions you are forced to bid for a replacement. The provisional budgets (without sponsor money!!) have been updated for every team in the first post of our conversation, so you know how much you can/should spend.
If you choose the same driver as someone else, I'll let you know and you'll be outbidding each other live.
This is also a final chance at you acquiring young drivers for your team.

I hope to end this in a week, and the test race at Barcelona should start after that. :thumbsup:

Okay so that was quick!
All the bids have been resolved and I have updated the post above with the completed lineups.

Give me a day to compile the mod then and we should be ready to go for the test!

Okay, so before we begin with the test, I'll reveal the engine and tyre stats:
upload_2016-8-29_22-38-13.png

EDIT: The first "wear" for tyres is actually "grip"!
There is also the amount the engine will improve per race, which i will keep to myself for now to keep things interesting :D
There are also the driver stats, which I will also keep to myself so you can really see who's good on the track :p

Also, the extra reliability values you get from the gearbox is this:
8-speed (noone chose it): 0
7-speed: +15
6-speed: +25
5-speed (noone chose it again): +30

And with the brakes, brake 1 brings you +0 reliability and +0.2s worth of speed, brake 2 brings +4 and 0.1s speed, while brake 3 brings +8 and no speed improvement.

and then, I'll get into what you guys need to do before the test, so expect another lengthy post.

Own Car Development
upload_2016-8-29_22-56-28.png

I think it's fairly self-explanatory, you have 20 points and you need to distribute them to the attributes of your car.
Now, I will go through all these atributes and the upsides, and the downsides.
High-speed cornering: Fastest upgrade, avg +5=0.35s (15% more for race-only)
Low-speed cornering: Improves wet handling, avg +5=0.3s (15% more for race-only)
Drag: Improves overtaking ability, avg +5=0.2s
Reliability: Decreases chance of your car and car internals failing
Pitcrew speed: Improves pitstop time
Pitcrew consistency: Improves consistency, and reduces chance of errors during pitstop.

Note that the speed values depend on the track!

Test
I've decided to have a qualifying test before we get to actual racing.
What you need to do is submit a prefered compound of tyre (which can range from ultrasoft to extrahard) for this test (they don't give any development boost, just if you want to mask your true pace), and I will do a qualifying simulation at the Jerez circuit (with the chicane, like in 1997). Also you may only bring one driver to the test, which includes your test driver and young drivers, if you want to improve their skills.
You may choose not to take part in the test, but I don't see why not as it's free and you get to know where your lead driver is compared to other teams.
The test will also give a boost of +30 pitcrew consistency, and +5 car reliability.

The deadline will be set on friday at 21:00 my local time (CEST). :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Okay so after coming to the sudden realisation it is impossible to predict anything before actually seeing the order on the track, I've decided to delay the sponsor choice and chief designer until after the test.
Therefore, you no longer need to know your budget to do the tasks above, but I'll be updating this in the background anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back