RaceDepartment Forum Racing Season 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mclarens continued to their rising!!!

Raikkonen.jpg

They entered to the last straight side by side. In the end, David Buxton won just by 0.050 seconds. That was a really close finish. They dominated the race. Others could'nt catch their pace.

Now Viljar's 3rd place is threatened by Matthew and Peter. Also In constructor championship, Jaguar lost it's 2nd place to Mclaren. Last race will be desicive for Driver's 3rd and Team's 2nd places.

As Mclarens doubled, they got +2 extra points.

usafinish.png

Drivers9.png

teams9.png

~Notes and Other Stuff~

As his reward, Buxie gets to know the start time of the final race :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Race Report~

~GRID~

grid1-2.png

grid2-2.png

~REPORT~

·Pre Race: And the in-form McLaren’s are once again quick, quickest in both practice sessions, but a red flag that catches the McLarens out, putting them 7th and 15th on the grid.

·Lap 1: Go GO GO!!!! Great start by the McLarens Buxton leaping into third, and Gutteridge into sixth. At turn one, Dave Stephenson of Jaguar, and Garry Pullen of Ferrari come together, narrowly avoiding Ben Tusting. Both are instantly out. Stephenson’s drive is under serious threat

·Lap 23: The McLaren’s have made their ways up to first and second and are now engaging in a huge duel for the lead. McLaren Team Radio: Matt, don’t take Buxton off, you’ll have your chance soon enough.

·Lap 35: Gutteridge has taken the lead at the second pitstop! Can he hold on, or will the in-form Buxton take the lead once more?

·Lap 39: Tusting has hit the wall! Tusting hit the banking and was sent spinning across the track. Severely shaken but unhurt, he escapes and the race continues

·Lap 42: Buxton retakes the lead, a spectacular slipstreaming manoeuvre into Turn 1. Buxton’s side of the garage let out a cheer. Elsewhere Honk, Duivilaar and Parts have bunched up and a battle begins for 3rd, 4th and 5th.

·Lap 50: Honk leaps past Duivilaar into 4th at Turn 3 round the outside, but the Renault tries to get back past down the straight, but out brakes himself and loses time.

·Lap 61: Gutteridge holds the lead with just 10 laps to go. Minardi team radio: Ric, you have abnormal rear right vibrations, we’re not safe to continue, pit this lap.

·Lap 71: Coming out of the final turn Gutteridge led, but pulling out of the slipstream, Buxton assumes the lead. Who won? No-one is sure for a moment, until Buxton’s name pops up just five hundredths of a second ahead of team-mate Gutteridge. McLaren team radio: Two in a row! Woohoo! We did it guys, bring on Japan!!!!!!!

·Post Race: Buxton and Gutteridge pour the champagne over each other, revelling in the first one-two of the year. After three consecutive wins, they move into second in the constructors! Third place Honk said “The McLaren’s were in a league of their own today. We couldn’t touch them.

----------------------------------------------------

~Next Event~

~FINAL ROUND- SUZUKA, JAPAN~

Suzuka.png

Laps: 53
Lap Record: 1:31.540

The final, climactic round of 2002 takes us to the Far Right of the world, and the famous Suzuka circuit. With it's long, sweeping figure of eight, coupled with the tight Hairpin and Final Chicane, there are plenty of overtaking manouvres possible. Will McLaren hold on to second? Can Gutteridge nab third in the championship? And what of the fates of Jaguar, Renault and Jordan? All will be revealed in 53 laps time.....

-------------------------
From 5+ in some cases, I now reveal to you the top three for each award

~RD FORUM RACING SEASON 8 SECOND ANNUAL AWARDS (Shortlist)~

"The Giancarlo Baghetti Award" for instantly producing good results:

·
Honk
· Sebastien Levret
· Viljar Parts

"The Nick Heidfeld Award" for consistency and reliability:

· Sebastien Levret
· Rhys Gardiner
·Peter Duivelaar

"The Andrea de Cesaris Award" for spectacular crashes:

·Rhys Gardiner
· Resi Respati
·Honk

"The Tom Jones Award" for mystery disappearance:

· Garry Pullen
·Matthew Gutteridge
· Marcus Probert

"The Mark Webber Award" for appalling luck

· Rhys Gardiner
·Resi Respati
· BAR and Toyota (joint award)

"The Sebastien Buemi Award" for being the best Rookie:

·Rhys Gardiner
·Bert Van Waes
·Sebastien Levret

"The Martin Brundle Award" for determination without winning:

·Rhys Gardiner
· Resi Respati
· Peter Duivelaar

"The Michael Schumacher Award" for bending the rules:

·Rhys Gardiner
· Honk
· Resi Respati

Season 8 Unique Awards

"The Lewis Hamilton Award" for an unexplained dip in pace:

· Rhys Gardiner
·Honk
· Jaguar

"The Rubens Barrichello Award" for being the best teamate:

· Kyle Evers
· Viljar Parts
· Peter Duivilaar

"The Interlagos Award" for the best race of the season:

·Belgian GP
· British GP
[FONT=&quot]Monaco GP[/FONT]

I think there are some mistakes on the standing :
- Peter Duivilaar has 43 pts instead of 42 pts
- Renault has 69 pts instead of 68 pts
- I don't understand why David and Matthew have 12 pts each. Is it because Matthew make the pole, finished second and have 2 pts bonus for making double (2 + 8 + 2 = 12 pts), and David finished first and have 2 pts bonus for making double (10 + 2 = 12 pts) ???
If it is true, I think there is a mistake in the race 10 (British GP) because you give me the point of the pole, but Honk made the pole (http://forum.racedepartment.com/off...rd-forum-racing-season-8-a-36.html#post419097). So I think that finaly, Honk needs 2 more points and you will remove 2 pts to me.

I'm a total idiot. Sorry guys :(

Honk will get 2 points while Seb loses 2. And Peter's 1 more point will be given.

Thank you sooooo much Sebastien! You fixed many errors this season. :)

1. Don't worry Matt. You and your teammate did good races, so you really deserved it.
2. I'm very sorry, but i have already a new teammate for the next season. But i don't tell yet, who it is.
3. *JokeModeOn*
:lol: You and your teammate should put on pretty warm clothes. Icy times will come to you at season 9!!! :lol:
*JokeModeOff*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play