1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured RaceDepartment broadcast team recruiting

Discussion in 'Site Feedback & Support' started by Yves Larose, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

Broadcast team flyer.png

RaceDepartment is now recruiting for its live streaming department for its various leagues and special events.

If you are interested to get involved in the live streaming of league and special events races and give back to the community with a few hours of your time, here's your chance to do it. We are looking for persons who are committed and reliable to help us with the live streaming and commentating, you don't need to have experience in the field, as we say, practice makes it good.

If you want to apply for a streamer/camera man position please take note that a minimum of 3mb/s of upload speed is required and that your able to run the game(s) in max graphics settings.

For more information and to submit your candidacy please contact Yves Larose via PM.
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
    • Like Like x 15
  2. I would be interested in this, but I have no time for this atm as I'm doing highlights/race videos for the league in run in. Good luck!
  3. i would, but I couldn't
  4. Derpy

The Flying Scotsman

I'm up for this, expect a PM soon,
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. are you doing f1 league
  6. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

not at the moment
  7. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

Just a little bit more informations, the biggest need right now is for streamers/camera man, i know it might not seem like a fun to do but its the most important part of the broadcast no streamer no broadcast ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Jup, the man behind the controls is the director of the show ;)
  9. if you got any rf2 events that need a camera man, i just like to let you know i am here to help.
  10. Joel

#NR6 Premium Member

How do you guys stream it? If upload speeds are a target hit me up.
    • Beer Beer x 1
  11. Thomas Hinss

Thomas Hinss
    Aussie Commentator and Writer Staff

Us commentators would not be able to do our thing without the cameraman/streamers to give us the awesome footage they do. Also not as boring as you might think, can be some epic battles which you get to witness throughout the races :)
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Derpy

The Flying Scotsman

Currently i'm using OBS but on the off times i do have issues getting it to find AC when it launches the "Race" window. But 90% of the time it works without issue.
  13. I was doing camera long time ago 2008 for PSRTV and for FSR leauge it has been many years since then and the broadcast is better. also the Q of a stream is not so great yet so it can not be compared the Q off watching real television.
    It is the great highlights from FSR races i like best like. but live broadcast can also be fun with 2 or 3 commentators and a camera man where anything can happend.
    Live stream,Chat,live timing on one site should be great to watch online races in the future from racedepartment

14. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

I have updated the top post with some more details regarding the streamer/camera man position ;)
  15. Derpy

The Flying Scotsman

3mb upload? seriously? that's a little overkill is it not?

Basically what you are now saying is if you don't have fibre optic connection don't bother.....
  16. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

anyone interested to join the broadcast team ;)
  17. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

That is the lowest for any kind of HD-resolution.
  18. Thomas Hinss

Thomas Hinss
    Aussie Commentator and Writer Staff

Doing cameras for broadcasts is a lot of fun guys, critical part of the team and always highly appreciated for the shots that are provided by them :)
    • Agree Agree x 2