RACE Series - Bug Collection Thread

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
In the latest patch SimBin has missed a significant amount of bugs again. To help them out in localizing bugs we, as community ran into please report them here once more so those small mistakes can be addressed in a future patch.

If there is a thread opened here at RaceDepartment.com about this bug already please include a link to it.

Well, the first one I can think of is that a lot of us can not get to the online setups anymore.

When you go to files in the setup, and click the online option, it starts connecting, then authenticating, and then it stops. It just stays on Authenticating.

Don't know if it is a new bug, since I never had that before the patch, but I know from practice in PreQuali for RDGTC, there are a lot more with this issue.

Hi,
I deleted complete Steam and reinstall complete Race07 series and now is OK ;)

p.s.
1.) backup all C:\Users\xxxx\Documents\SimBin\RACE 07 (skin,setups,wheel settings...)
2.) backup from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\xxxx\race 07\GameData (addon track & cars ...)

regards
Jadran

Found another bug, but need somebody with ALL expansion packs and a server to confirm it. Tried to boot a track day server with all the available content from the RACE Series on the Nordschleife and it won't show up in the multiplayer lobby

Cockpit Head position does not move back to correct place after going over brows or bankings - you have to Look Behind to reset position.

If someone joins the grid in the last few seconds the register as in First place until they complete 1 lap and all in front of them get Blue Flag Warning.

Lag caused by people leaving the server - surely there is a better way...

All cars vanish when joining the grid in Race, switching with +\- resets the graphics back. Very hard to reproduce, it happens randomly.

Non-SimBin issue, Steam can hog all processing power for a second if not run in offline mode. Serious issue still..

EDIT: Not a bug but really annoying: when getting mismatches, you get booted from server but there is no information what is the problem...Only those in the server can see it, that is almost in reversed priority, IMHO.

Since the latest patch, ive had no ffb on my G27.
Tried always to get it to work, even reinstalling the who set of Race games.
It worked once then never again.
It works in every other game, just as it should, but no joy with the update 1.2.1.10.
Totally pissed cos i cant play it without ffb, it just seams so alien

Create a custom championship and select the Zandvoort Club track as the first round. The track will fail to load correctly; track objects float in mid air and the car fails to move out of pitlane.

@ Christopher - that sounds more like something unique to your system - I know others have experienced similar problems - could it be custom FFB settings you have installed that the patch has overwritten/deleted - meaning your Control settings are now somehow kerjunged? Does using a different or creating a new Control setting help?

Two more 'bugs' -

Sometimes in a Race Event I get to grid and can't drive - the race starts but its not me driving its the AI - I thought this was to do with Add On Tracks if you had too many Cars in the event, but have seen it in Standard in Game tracks too - its solved by Abandoning the Event and tarting again with fewer opponents.

Has anyone else noticed that in car setups the area where the DELETE button registers seems bigger than the LOAD setup button? As in you don't have to be hovering directly over it to register DELETE when you press it - I know the game throws up a confirmation, but its so easy to click Yes and be gutted when you just deleted the Setup you wanted to load!!

Third a suggestion - since this thread is for the guys at SIMBIN - why not offer all expensions either free or at a seriously discounted price to people placing a Pre-Order on GTR3? Get the cash flowing in even quicker to aid development? Of course this is dependant on the Sim Racing Communities Confidence that GTR3 will be forthcoming and may well mean SIMBIN being a little more open on the development than giving us more than a few engine sounds to listen to.. (thanks though they sound great).

Fourth - Any chance of being a beta tester for GTR3, let me know I'd be glad to!

@Dave
Tried using a new profile, default setups, clean installs of Windows/Race, uninstaling/re G27 drivers and software, and still no FFB in any of the Race 07 series of games.

It may be only a coinscedince, but since 1.2.1.10 its been "kerjunged"!
Ive given up now, i cant think of anything more to try, so im gonna wait for the next patch and hope theres something that they missed out with this one that has always been there, and its back in.

Im using a fairly modern system, (sandybridge), so im hoping theyve just forgot some kind of ID tag.
But, if its not fixed, theres always GSC and rF2 when its released, and GTR3 if ever

Remembered a peculiar behaviour that has been there from the start.. If you drive offline, pause and play instant replay, get back to your car: all the sounds are panned to the left.. (around 75% left, 25% right). Switching between cameras fixes it. Small potato..

Had something strange last night with Porsche SuperCup on Algarve.
Drove the track and the mod a few times recently, but never had this before.

During practice it sometimes happend that when you re-enter the pit from the track, the garage doors are closed. You are trapped inside the box. Only option is to re-enter the race.
This happend to at least 3 out of 6 players.

If you enable Motec data logging and then analyze data with Motec i2 Pro, for almost all cars the rear ride height data is wrong when you brake. I mean, when you brake the rear ride height must rise up, but the data shows the opposite. Not a big bug (lol I like how it sound) btw.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back