RACE Racing Club

Why doesn't the Racing Club use mods and non-SimBin tracks?

First of all, using only SimBin cars means that you have to buy pretty much every RACE 07 expansion to be able to race frequently. That means that there will always be fewer racers. If we just agreed on a bunch of quality mods that everyone could download, I think we'd have more populated races.
Second of all, the tracks. SimBin lacks some of the greatest tracks such as Spa Francorchamps and Bathurst. And we shouldn't have to buy Race On (?) to drive Laguna Seca, since there is a good version by Com8 out there.
I asked in one of the threads if Racing Club runs any mod races and someone said "not anymore." Why not?

I think most the reason being that most people who play race want to race properly made tracks, also there is a thread at the moment asking people "what Race expansions they have" and im guessing this is so they can run tracks and car packs that everyone has.
Finaly i dont think there is yet a legit even 3rd party made Bathurst for race 07 as i asked about this a few months back and the thread got closed as someone posted a link to a Rfactor ported bathurst track which was aparently dodgy or elegal?

hope this helps tho this is just my thoughts i have no say or any idea what actualy goes on with the organising of events!

The ATCC season 2 (?) had Bathurst and I found a link to it in the archive. As for something being illegal, I don't really see the problem apart from a bunch of modders being rfactor elitists, not letting RACE guys enjoy the track. There shouldn't even be a legality issue here seeing as no one would be making money off of it or anything.

Also, speaking of properly made tracks... have you seen the Spa Francorchamps 03/04 that's available for RACE 07? Are you seriously telling me it's not properly made? Or the Dubai that's been ported from GTR 2 (completely legal, because both games are made by SimBin). I don't think the SimBin guys laser scan the tracks so there's no guarantee that those tracks are very accurate either.

I'm not saying that they should stop running SimBin car races all together, I'd just like to see SOME mod races.

Near as I can figure out the admins are trying to see if a new system that is basically self run with no additional content other than what came with the game will work. The only way that you are going to be able to run mod tracks and cars is probably to join up with a league and race with them right now. This may change in the future and several of us are hoping it is the near future btw.

Sort of Jim but not entirely there :)

What we looked to try and do was to bring more racing with the same limited amount of man hours we had available. In some senses I think we won on that and in others it's clear we lost. The club structure is under review in the staff at the moment as we planned to do after running the new system for a while and a decision will be made based on the merits of each.

I won't provide a running commentary of the discussions but expect to here an announcement in the near future.

I skimmed it and saw that most people agreed with what I'm saying right now, no real conclusion was reached and then some guys "Hitlered" in and closed the thread.

OK, let's just call it affiliated. That's really besides the point.

Anyway, since this discussion has already taken place before and brought nothing, admins can just lock this too, I suppose.

If things stay constructive then threads won't be closed.

the last thread was closed due a small minority who saw it as a mud slinging opportunity instead of one to discuss openly the changes.

and Jekabs, please hold on the Hitler references. For some in this day and age it's become acceptable to make light of what happened in the past but it's not the case for all our members and the regions from which they hail.

and Jekabs, please hold on the Hitler references. For some in this day and age it's become acceptable to make light of what happened in the past but it's not the case for all our members and the regions from which they hail.

I'm sorry, I just couldn't hold back. I knew I probably shouldn't have written that, but hey... "Either everything is fair play or nothing is." I'll try and hold back, I promise.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back