RACE Pro (Xbox 360)

• Brad Johnson

That the Lizard engine then? Hopefully we'll be having graphics as good as that on the PC from simbin soon.

• Ingo Voellinger

Yes, its the Lizard Engine.
The new light effects look great.
I like the race07 graphics but it looks a bit dark.

Maybe the requirements for the first lizard pc game wont be that high :).
This is from Simbins Q&A:

• Will games with the Lizard engine need a much better PC than Race07 or is the new engine more
optimated for new hardware?
DS: I think one aspect of the ISI engine that we can all recognize and are familiar with is its
limitations in terms of scalability. That is something we are looking to improve a lot with Lizard for
PC, so the answer is no and yes. No in a sense that a gaming oriented PC of today will be far
sufficient to run a game on Lizard but yes in the sense that Lizard natively supports graphical
improvements not supported by the ISI engine, thus making better use of the newest graphics
cards and their featured technologies.

there is an ever decreasing gap between game engines produced for consoles and their pc counterparts. Particularly in the case of xbox and pc as much of the api calls and controll platforms etc are shared between the 2.

graphics like those are hugely scalable and if polished correctly, take call of duty for instance which my old athlon xp system on agp cards could run happily playable at full even with some AA, or even the new far cry which looks better than most games when configured to run on midrange pcworld type computers which are ever increasingly in people homes due to the low prices.

All that in hand, things look very promising for the engine and simbin in general. Im glad they went to xbox with it first. gives them time to iron out the creases and more importantly console games are HHUUUGGE cash cows :)

• Neil Buntrock

looking good can't wait for the demo such be here soon

• Deadly_Dave

Lo Chargingconch m8 and everyone else.

this game is hopefully going to be what iv been wanting for a long time GTR evo is good but online lag is really bad for me if this is anything like that on the 360 with my mates then i cant wait for it.

• Deadly_Dave

it is you can see the tcs abs stm kicking in left of the dials on the right hand side.

• Simon Benham

It's about time the PC Sim crowd got treated to a bit of eye candy in their racers. For me, Forza2 was the best console racer yet, but this could and should be far better in hopefully all areas.

really looking forward to it and this new trailer is just making the wait unbearable.

I always felt that Forza was too arcadey and was appaled that the races started as they do. For me the added realism of starting from teh pits and having proper pit stops and strategies, etc as well as praccy and qualifying makes the game experience.

Bout time a console had those things, as well as a variety of tracks and cars.

The only thing I will miss will be design, as I assume you will not be able to skin your cars.

I haven't seen any Maserati's yet. Anyone know if they are being snuck in or do the Race team lack the proper licences to have suce cars?

They snuck a Merc into the STCC. I would kill to have an MC12 in a race game, or a Porsche cup.

The only thing I will miss will be design, as I assume you will not be able to skin your cars.

in a round about way it probably will be possible as the games been design with downloadable content in mind. tho i doubt it would be possible for anything other than offline if at all unless the include some kind of paint shop with the game. plus you'd probably need access to info on m$ api stuff n so on. didnt forza let you design your own cars?

New Screens showing weather + damage model.

Attachments

• rp_04.jpg
    rp_04.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 193
  • rp_05.jpg
    rp_05.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 181
  • rp_06.jpg
    rp_06.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 199
  • rp_09.jpg
    rp_09.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 184

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 440 69.7%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 273 43.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 292 46.3%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 129 20.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 172 27.3%
Back