Race Department Forum Racing Season 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may have screwed up the hour due to DST. This race has started in the same hour as a Test Race. Therefore, I am forced to announce that the start times of the test races are now free. So this means that 3pm GMT and 10am GMT are both freed (although 3pm has just been used).

Basically, for those who are keeping log of the times, add this race, and free up 10am GMT.
frabz-This-is-my-league-I-make-the-rules-ceb650.jpg

HARVEY'S PERFECT WEEKEND
CanadaPodium.jpg
Harvey reigns, but organisers are under fire

Daniel Harvey took a lights to flag victory in Canada. The Brit took maximum points for OMR at Montreal - that's two Canadian GP victories in a row for OMR now. Ben Herbert was close behind, but wasn't able to make an overtake. Andy Black started third on the grid ahead of Tapio Rinneaho, but the Finn pulled off a fantastic move into turn 1 a few laps after the safety car pulled in after James Chant's Toyota spun out and got stuck on a kerb. Benetton's fall from grace was caused by the organisers. The race was going to go ahead at the planned time, but after a suitable lighting contractor wasn't found, the race had to be moved forward an hour due to a total solar eclipse due to pass over the circuit. Not wanting to let the cars race in the dark, the race was started earlier. The Benetton boys had been having reliability problems throughout practice and quali, so full repairs couldn't be made. Kederer did a pretty decent job to get his engine cover-less Benetton to 7th place, while Lesley Buurlage had a misfiring cylinder and finished 13th. Omer Said was in an Apex sandwich in 9th place. Ben Utzer climbed 2 places, he started 13th after a crash during quali and finished 11th. Nissan struggled outside the top 10.
Canadares.jpg

CanadaPhoto.jpg

Rinneaho passes Black

Next Time:
The BP British Grand Prix

Feature Race
Booyah - Showtek feat. We Are Loud and Sonny Wilson
Ah fantastic, the British Grand Prix. Feature Races don't get much tougher than this circuit. The grueling high speed corners are tricky enough, but once the British weather gets in on the action, you're in for some trouble. Hopefully we can avoid controversy here, so lets just get racing.
The BP British Grand Prix is GOGOGO!
09UK.jpg
What you need to Post
: Start - Wait 1hr 1min - Pit - Wait 1hr 1min - Finish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 29 9.1%
  • Monthly

Votes: 16 5.0%
  • Yearly

Votes: 23 7.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 7 2.2%