1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Race 8 Istanbul

Discussion in 'Presto GP' started by Chris Jacque, May 27, 2010.

1. Can we have a weather forecast please?

2. David Turnbull

David Turnbull
    PrestoGP Veteran

cloudy with a chance of meatballs
  3. Where the information to take?
    Start race in Div2 will be from a place, or for safety car?
  4. Division 2 will most likely have a rolling start again. considering what T1 is like I think this will be wise.
  5. Sorry for my absence guys, these are very busy times (it's the time for all financial papers to be handed in to the government).

As there have only been dry races at Istanbul so far (I think) in combination with my absence we'll do a certain dry race this time, just normal default stuff.

As for the safety car start vs. normal start, I was first thinking we should go for normal, but the fact that several have said that they wish to do this at Istanbul as well, in combination with the bumpy t1 I am not quite sure atm.

Could somebody help me out and post a thread with a poll a la the one I did last time where all participants can discuss this, and then we try to reach a decition by the end of the weekend?
  6. Pole done Nicolai, just happened to be here so thought id might as well do it, me being a useful chap n all :D

Hope you dont mind but i just made a copy of your previous poll but amended the track name, Oh and if i missed anyones name out i appologise in advance. As i said i just copied Nicolai's old poll and dont know if theres any new names missing :tongue:

All Div2 drivers feel free to start casting your votes :cool:
  7. We are again in the last minute short vacation!
    I wish you all good luck in istanbul!

CU all in Nürburgring GP 07 :cool:
  8. I'm not expecting any rain, but personally I think T1 more than makes up for that. :)
  9. rain will be falling in 5 minutes. No, 15 minutes. No wait, 8 minutes. Okay scratch that, we have a 100% likelyhood of clouds.
  10. Valerio Vinassa

Valerio Vinassa
    PrestoGP Veteran

eheheheh:D... sure will be so
  11. gd luck tonight guys turn 1 should be fun (3out 5 times i got through clean )
  12. It looks like both championships may well be decided by the end of this race. No pressure guys. :cool:

Good fortune to all...:)
  13. Valter Ostman

Valter Ostman
    PrestoGP Veteran

People - What mark do you look for when you start braking in to T1?
    Is there a distance marker somewhere in the neighbourhood?
  14. Call me weird :D. I had that problem also last year when we drove for there for the first time.
    You know what i did. I enabled the ingame corners markers. I braked 1 second later then i showed up. Worked fine for me. :)
  15. David Turnbull

David Turnbull
    PrestoGP Veteran

thats exactly what i do too, i wait till the marker comes up, and a split second later i brake, i coast in and power on early, you can keep the car quite stable this way.
  16. i use my sixth sense, but it works only when i am drunk!!!! :tongue::bang:
  17. Valter Ostman

Valter Ostman
    PrestoGP Veteran

Welcome to the team Robin! Remember to keep the car clean and wax it frequently:)
  18. Valter Ostman

Valter Ostman
    PrestoGP Veteran

I didn’t know that I could enable corner markers, always thought they came with the track. You learn as long as you live, but my learning curve is just gently sloping.

First I must get my five senses to work, before I'm considering developing a sixth:wink:
  19. btw after my j/k

usually i watch the track and the rubberized line for take my spot, and also i use my hearing, because i know at how many rev ~ i must be before braking.......i'm a bit naif :D