Race #8, Great Britain: Post-Race Checks

Kris Cobb

Avid Chronic Racing | Team Principal
Post-Race Checks
Check your Safety Rating here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...vMsUlnXkgVQnJN-9DUX1R_f4g/edit#gid=1256175651

Aleksi Kivela (4.90)
Q1: Clean
Q2: Clean
Launch Control: Used
Logs: Good
Pitstop: Clean
Tire Rules: Fulfilled
Penalty:

Blair Disley (5.00)
Penalty:

Carlos Martin (5.00)
Penalty:

Daniel Brewer (5.00)
Penalty:

Daniel Kiss (4.00)
Penalty:

Danny van der Niet (3.00)
Q1: CUT
Logs:
Penalty: -2.00 SR for Incident #3. Back of Grid for Round 9.

David Greco (5.00)
Penalty:

Dian Kostadinov (5.00)
Penalty:

Eros Masciulli (2.75)
Penalty: -0.75 SR for Incident #4.

Fabrizio Gobbi (3.50)
Q1: CUT
Penalty: Back of Grid for Round 9.

Francesco Bigazzi (5.00)
Penalty:

Giordano Valeriano (4.50)
Logs:
Penalty:

Jereon Kweekel (3.50)
Logs:
Penalty:

Jernej Simoncic (4.50)
Penalty: -0.50 SR for Incident #3.

Jim Parisis (5.00)
Penalty:

John-Eric Saxen (4.50)
Penalty:

Kuba Brzezinski (5.00)
Penalty:

Mike Partington (4.00)
Penalty:

Muhammed Patel (5.00)
Penalty:

Petar Brljak (5.00)
Penalty:

Thomas Satherley (2.50)
Logs:
Penalty:

Kris Cobb

Incidents

Penalty System is found here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yb8NOvMaHVsWcK2TxshHpAUp25KW1tTzml9hCDw5tg0/edit#gid=0

Incident #1
Driver(s) Involved: Blair Disley, Daniel Kiss
Lap/Replay Time: L1 T4
Description: Disley causes contact with Kiss going into the corner.
Verdict: Massive lag at the start. No further action.

Incident #2
Driver(s) Involved: Blair Disley, Francesco Bigazzi
Lap/Replay Time: L1 T4
Description: Disley causes contact with Bigazzi exiting the corner.
Verdict: Massive lag at the start. No further action.

Incident #3
Driver(s) Involved: Jernej Simoncic, Danny van der Niet
Lap/Replay Time: L1 1:35
Description: van der Niet pushes Simoncic off the track cause him to DNF.
Verdict: van der Niet does indeed push Simoncic off track trying to avoid an incident in front. Simoncic and van der Niet come back onto the track in an unsafe manner. -2.00 SR for van der Niet (DNF, first 5 laps) and -0.50 SR for Simoncic (first 5 laps, did not cause DNF).

Incident #4
Driver(s) Involved: Thomas Satherley, Eros Masciulli
Lap/Replay Time: L38 1:26
Description: Masciulli did not give room for Satherley who was beside him in the corner.
Verdict: Masciulli does cause contact with Satherley, losing 2 positions and ~5 seconds. -0.75 SR for Masciulli (No repairs, 5s time loss, -0.5-5*0.05=-0.75)

Jernej is off the track so normally Danny has the rights to act and to positionate wherever he wants, Jernej must conform with him. Pure example is the penalty for Mike in Hockenheim, here the difference is that Jernej didn't lose control.

Edit: Also Danny can't know because of Deadzone Jernej is there, 2.00 looks so harsh.

Last edited:

Kris Cobb

Danny also went off track when he came back on cut of Valeriano which caused him to lose control and cause contact with Jernej

Could you please tell me, what did I do wrong, and what should I have had done? I rejoined really slowly and the only thing I saw was enough space for my car on the edge of the track. Lifting the throttle was not an option as there was a good chance of causing more mayhem going slower at the middle of a straight, continuing on grass would be unsafe and would probably make me spin causing a crash.

Dian, according to the rules I had part of my car on track when Danny hit me, so he hadn't had the right to positionate wherever he wanted. Deadzone isn't an excuse, also he saw he pushed me off and then I hadn't yet appeared in his mirrors behind him. In replay he even seems to be trying to give me room asap so I can rejoin, but unfortunately Valeriano is there.

No really I don't honestly see any other option than doing what I did, I'm really confused about my penalty.
I watched it 10 times, also I watched replay in every possible angle and I have no idea at all what should I have done different.y

1 tyre on the track according to the rules means that you're off the track. What I wanted to say (didn't say you were 100% gulty there) Danny didn't deserve that penalty, because he pushed you off the track to avoid a collision, didn't do it intentionally. If I was Race director I would judge this as a racing incident, because it is a first lap and not always you have to search to blame someone.

I had 2 tires on track (see image)
Kris, I couldn't have done anything else. I say "lifting wasn't an option" because at that moment I had known that 5+ cars are behind me, and if I lifted, I would come right into their ways, which would be unsafe. The only logical thing to stay safe is to keep the same speed or acceleration as the cars around.

Attachments

• on track.jpg
    on track.jpg
    613 KB · Views: 383
From my point of view this stated when Kivela decided to lift off the throttle after T5 causing me to go into the back of him without enough time to react. Valeriano behind had time to react and to slow appropriately but then Danny had to avoid him and so did Jernej which resulted them both going off track.

The then slow Valeriano didnt leave enough room for Danny to return to track, but then im not sure he had to as Danny went off with all 4 tyres. He got clipped and smacked Jernej.

Jernej did nothing wrong and had Danny and Valeriano not touched then neither would have Danny and Jernej. Harsh on both of them imo as alot was going on around them.

To be honest im not sure why I didnt protest Kivela as imo that is a crazy thing to do with cars right behind you at what is a full throttle corner. It cost me a damaged front wing and flat spots on my tyres and alot of time.

Kris Cobb

Jernej off track at that section you had more than enough pavement to slow down enough. IMO there was too much going on to jump on track.

You are also arguing about half an SR point. If you feel so strongly that you need this removed you need to protest it.

1.jpg

Kris, you think that at this moment I should have hit the brake pedal? You have to understand that at this point I knew that cars are behind me, that someone was spinning and I saw in mirrors that some cars are off the track.
So if I brake, I have good chance of being crashed into. Guys behind me expect that I will go on without unexpected moves and in such moments it's very important keep the same acceleration and to move as little left right as possible.

You say I "jumped" on track, but I didn't, I rejoined in the safest possible manner. Again, when so much is going on, one should never even think of slowing down - especially not during a hard acceleration zone.

I don't have any problem with -0.50 SR, I have problems because I get penalized for being safe and because the one, who gives penalties, says I should do something way more dangerous than I did. Yeah, my move wasn't as safe as flower watering, but it was by far the safest option.

Edit: don't get me wrong, nothing personal intended Kris, thanks a lot for all the effort and time that you spend to make the post race checks and everything else, really appreciated.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 87 19.3%
  • €151-500

Votes: 122 27.1%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 74 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 39 8.6%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 46 10.2%
  • €3001-5000