Race #15, UAE: Post-Race Discussion

From GPCOS:

Q1: easier than normal, P5.
Q2: not the best lap, P5.

Race:

Solid start, got a run on Denny out of T1 but backed off.

1st stint was going quite well, 2 stoppers pitted in front of me, but then on my pit-in lap my rFactor suddenly dropped to desktop. I have no idea why it happened, it took be a few moments to get my mouse and get back in to the game. Luckily I didn't get any damage but I lost plenty of time.

After that I completely failed at driving. Was ~1s per lap off the pace and couldn't do anything about it.

Somehow it was enough for P4, but the race is really irrelevant when thinking about the events of today.

R.I.P. #58

From GPOCs
Joined with 5 mins to go which was scary.
I gained like 5 places in lap 1.
Battling with Lee and Lapchin. Lee cut the track and went to let Lapchin through but I was overtaking him at the time and Lee ran into me or vise versa, Had front damage. Did my normal pit stop which was 9 seconds due to damage. 2nd stint i hit the wall lightly which was fine, at end of stint Raino came infront of me after he did his stop and I had a run on him at turn 10 but we made contact and I spun. I had damage again and a 9 sec stop. 27 laps on softs was almost possible. At end of race I had caught Patel quickly but on the last lap my front right died so I cruised to finish.
1 point is good for me xD Cya in Brazil

From GPCOS:

"Q1: Easier than expected, made it through.Q2: I went out late so I knew laptimes of the other drivers, just needed a medium lap to be at the front, which I did. P3.

Race: Decided to use soft tyres instead of mediums, 2 stops. That was untested. But I was never happy with these mediums so I just gave it a go for the fun of it.

I stayed in 3rd, lost connection to the two cars ahead, and couldn't get rid of Mikko behind me in the first stint. Knowing Mikko was on mediums and 1 stop, I was pretty sure my strategy would fail.
Pitted in lap 16 or so, and had to pass quite a few drivers who were on 1 stop. That was some fun.
I was still settled to be racing Mikko, but after he made his stop he was 14s behind me due to his misfortune, and the gap stayed identical, which was great. I knew I'd have him after the last stop on fresh tyres.
But then Nilsson made a mistake which allowed me to go through. We had some nice racing, passing Mikko at the same time also. At two points we were battling into the triple chicane, I was left to have no room on both occasions and was forced to cut. Both times I stayed ahead.
I wasn't sure what the stewards would say about that so after the second occasion I gave the position back to Nilsson.

Sadly my car was too bad traction wise, which meant I was never close enough to Nilsson at the end of a straight. P3 was the result.
Unfortunately unlike in Suzuka I never found a good balance on this track and had very little trust into the car even on lower fuel. Not very pleasant. Rear tyres are just too weak in the mod.
Good racing afterall though, I had fun."

"well after zero time to test anything and then almost starting at the rear of the field i finished a race again so all the drivers betting against me which lap i would retire have lost their money:)

Great start and went from 19th to 11th in the 1st lap
Race today was unknows to me i was on hard tyres which was the wrong choice but 11th was gonna be the max today
But after my spin in the end 14th after a long long pitstop

Great to have finished a race again today!!!!!!!!!!!"

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back