1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Race #13, Belgium: Post-Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Formula SimRacing' started by John-Eric Saxén, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Feel free to discuss the race in this thread, as long as it is within the forum rules.

2. Broadcast Replay is here.

Great race!

3. Stupid net has to fail 2 laps before the end... :(
    Great race up to then. P4 on the grid and was battling for a Top 5. Unfortunately I was hit in Turn 1 which ruined my chances. Was going to end of P8 until the net cut in.. :(

But, what a race to drive in :D

4. Was indeed a great race, watched it on the broadcast and hats off for Dimi for almost pulling off that one stopper.

5. Congrats Mattias and Dimitri. Great racing from both of you

6. Very nice race indeed. Dimi almost did it. Still a nice 2nd. :)

Congrats to Mattias.

7. I was having a great weekend. qualified 7th only 0.3 off pole, lost 1 tenth in s2 and s3 so 3rd was possible. Race from 7th by turn 1 i was 4th. By the end of the lap i past Patel for 3rd. I kinda struggled with the tyres early on might of been a bit cold i dont know, but yeah kept in top 5. If it wasn't for my 2 small mistakes i think i would of finished 5th ahead of all them but i got stuck right in the middle of the fight which was great fun, but yeah engine went near the end.

8. Qualifying: Went brilliant, hooked up all three sectors and got somewhere like 44.3. Just beat a load of guys by a couple of hundredths.

Race: Got off the line well and got up to third. I was already on the defensive and at Blanchimont i got passed by Clayton and many more. I was lucky I was with drivers at the start of the race, due to there toe I was able to get 340 down the straight but once the B2W or PM's got anywhere near me i was passed. I was able to stick to the back of Rietveld, and I knew tyres here wouldn't make a big difference. So I pitted on lap 15? - On the same lap as Clayton. Clayton got out infront of Karim while I just got out behind. Lost quite a bit in the 3/4 of a lap stuck behind Karim, who I passed around the outside at Fagnes [He had worn tyres]
    I was like 2 seconds behind Clayton and Fred but them battling got it down to 1. Clayton went off and I made a few mistakes put Fred like 3 seconds in front. Rietveld after his stop passed me but I once again was able to tag along.
    Unfortunately at La Source I was hit, and that put me around 3 seconds behind Rietveld and Clayton passed me. Later on in the race Clayton retired, and with Gosling/Cyril pitting I was up to 5th. Unfortunately with my lack of straight line speed I wasn't able to keep in front of them, didn't even try because I knew Conti was going to close me down - and he did. He also passed me at Blanchimont, i nearly got him at the Busstop but it failed. Knowing everybody in front of me was just too fast on the straights and I had the worse tyres out of all of them I just went into engine saving mode, I had like an 18 second gap to 9th but with like 2 laps to go the stupid net fails....and now it is sorted.....:mad::mad::mad:

Congrats to Stahre for the win, Dimi for second and Kanitz for third.
    Great race guys, just a shame the net went. Lets hope for the same at Monza :)