Race #11, Germany: Post race Discussion

• Dale Carrick

He was stuck because he was still accelerating. If you release the throttle you can run over that curbs. It happened to me today and I hadn't any problem. They were very close but Raino's spin wasn't Martin's fault.

i think youll find you can acellerate over that curb fine there is no need to lift at all. Its simple you cant win a race at T1 when your on the inside you must take it easier and not use all the track on the exit that is simple. its a fact otherwise its going to end in disaster like it has in the Wt race today this incident gave atleast 8 cars damage. and ruined races. This incident caused the safety car so he must be punished. i find it unacceptable with cold tyres at T1 going to try and win a race there. its just not possible.

i just hope this incident is taken seriously and let it be a lesson learnt to everyone.

i find it unacceptable with cold tyres at T1 going to try and win a race there. its just not possible.

i just hope this incident is taken seriously and let it be a lesson learnt to everyone.

More unacceptable is going wide over that curb, pushing the car to keep the position when you know how dangerous is thar curb and then causing that amount of crashes.

I have not taken a proper look at onboard shots of both martin and raino's incident,
but looking at broadcast a few times i would say its a racing incident.
I think martin did not give enough room and squeezed raino wide... However i think there would have been no accident if raino would have lifted the throttle and conceded the position and rejoined behind.

So what i think is.... Gosbee saw a oportunity to get into p1 by squeezing raino and took it.... Raino was not overly impressed with gosbee pushing him wide and gaining the lead so kept his foot on the throttle in hope to rejoin side by side.

I dont think any one of these drivers is at fault 100%

I've been looking at this incident many times onboard of both our cars and the tap was very minor, I know Raino gave me enough room but it seems that even without the tap his car was going to get caught on the curb either way..Still I will take whatever comes my way..

I think both made a mistake, personaly if i was Martin i wouldnt have gone to try to take the inside. Yes he was half car lenght alongside Raino wich is understandable because of his good start, but you could also know that you where on the inside and most likely gonna loose out speed on the next straight because of that line you took. I probably would have tried to back off sligtly and to slot in behind Rain for that corner.

As for Raino, well if i where in his shoes and knowing i had a car half alongside me going into that corner i most likely had taken the exit route around the curbs i think. Also that curb you can deffinatly not take full trottle if you go full over it, unless youre car is setup verry high and also depended on wich angle you hit it. Atleast it counted for me.

Anyway i leave it up to admin to decide as both made mistakes and these kind of stuff should be prevented.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 52 27.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 33 17.5%
  • Prizes

Votes: 37 19.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 21 11.1%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 11 5.8%