Race #11, Germany: Post-Race Checks

I'm trying not to take all this "criticism" personally, but it's getting increasingly difficult.

My own knowledge of FSR history is a bit limited, but as far as I know the longest period any of my predecessors had this position was 1 year (correct me if I'm wrong please).

Now, since I'm in my 3rd year at this position, I'd hope the reason is because the teams/drivers actually trusted me. Either that or I'm the only guy dumb enough to do all this work for 3 years, which one is it?

If we look at 2010 and 2011, the only time I was accused (indirectly or not) of bias was by Lee Morris in a fit of anger (don't worry Lee, all is forgiven).

Then if we look at 2012, all the times that I've been called biased have been related to Morgan Morand (Sepang, Monaco, Hungary and now Germany). First two of those were when he was still with ATR, those I can sort of ignore since they were partially caused by Christensen and his magic derriere (at least that's my theory for how he was able to mind control his drivers for so long). Of course Morand has a lot of friends/fans (who don't know the rules/procedures of FSR, but they have no need to know those anyway) who support him, so they all joined in on the bias train.

The latter 2 incidents happened while he was in GS, and a team will of course always support it's own drivers. Especially a good manager as Pedro, whom I have great respect for since a long time.

However, I'd like to point out one thing. During this 3 year period, I have not changed at all. The only things that have changed are the teams themselves and the atmosphere/ambitions within those teams. I still judge the incidents with the same attention to detail and lack of personal/team ambitions.

If you could believe that in 2010 when I was a Twister driver, and in 2011 when I was a PM driver, why can't you believe it now when I'm barely even active as a driver, having only done 3 races this year.

Some say "This is the first time Bono is being challenged, PM has to do everything to help him!". True, this championship is much closer than 2010 or 2011 especially, but why would you jump to such ridiculous conclusions knowing (or even not knowing) my history? The new people in FSR could perhaps do some research before making misinformed assumptions/accusations.

It would've been great for FSR to have the WC title battle go all the way to the final race, but there was no other decision to be made for this incident. If I let people get away with incidents just because the championship is at stake, then that would remove all credibility from FSR.

If you look at all the incidents that Morand has had this year, and that I've penalized him for, you'll see that they were all justified. For those who don't, you need to check your own biasness or just get educated on FSR rules. I'd also like to point out that none of the appeals sent to the CoA regarding Morand's penalties have changed the verdicts on those incidents (up until now at least), so make of that what you wish.

I have to say the penalty for Germany is a bad decision in my opinion. I really cannot see how it was arrived at anything other than racing incident. I've watched it several times and I really cannot see how Morgan did anything majorly wrong. Well done for killing off the season. Mikko has got decisions right this season nearly every time and we can all get things wrong but this is a very important one and loads of people I talk to think you've got it wrong. In Incident 8 Jack Keighley unsettles Morgan's car and puts him on the wrong line for the next turn and that is what causes him then to still be correcting on the exit of that next turn because he wasn't on the right entry point. That's a racing incident any day of the week but certainly not Morgan's fault.

Of course I could be wrong and maybe everyone here doesn't agree with me but do we really need to ban Morgan for the whole season even if you do consider the decision right? It seems unduly harsh to ban him for a whole 4 races. Maybe we can at least review the penalty structure because I don't think anyone here considers Morgan a dangerous driver.

Also what would be the point of Morgan turning into Keighley? He might to Bono if he was really driven that way but I know he wouldn't. He's battling for the championship and certainly not with Jack. It doesn't make sense on any level.

If someone can explain to us why they think Morgan is a dangerous driver and why they believe he would turn in on Jack Keighley then great, but I think they will have a hard time doing that.

If someone can explain to us why they think Morgan is a dangerous driver and why they believe he would turn in on Jack Keighley then great, but I think they will have a hard time doing that.

I don't think anyone needs to explain why they "believe" Morgan turned in to Jack, since the fact is that he did, otherwise there wouldn't have been contact. I'm sorry if you are so closeminded that you can't see that.

I am not closeminded. You are accusing Morgan of a deliberate action that is what 'turn in' means. Morgan did not do that. He lost control and that caused the accident. It was not in anyway deliberate. As I've mentioned there would be little point in him doing that and the steering wheel movement shows clearly he didn't. Accusing drivers of basically taking someone out is a big thing to do Mikko when there's absolutely zilch proof for that in the replays. You talk about drivers showing you respect and yet you are showing none to a driver by essentially claiming he would delibrately take another driver out. There is no movement on the steering wheel from Morgan as he said. Now whether that was caused by a bump or a lack of grip from the tyres from the previous corner or whatever, it certainly is not a deliberate action by Morgan.

I am not closeminded. You are accusing Morgan of a deliberate action that is what 'turn in' means. Morgan did not do that. He lost control and that caused the accident. It was not in anyway deliberate. As I've mentioned there would be little point in him doing that and the steering wheel movement shows clearly he didn't. Accusing drivers of basically taking someone out is a big thing to do Mikko when there's absolutely zilch proof for that in the replays. You talk about drivers showing you respect and yet you are showing none to a driver by essentially claiming he would delibrately take another driver out.
There is absolute proof, which Morgan himself admitted when asked if he lost control.

The 3 CoA judges saw it the same way.

You didn't say he lost control though, you said he turned in. That is a deliberate action. Something which Morgan is saying he didn't do.

Also I find it a bit rich that you always call others closeminded just because they don't agree with you. Somewhat ironic don't you think?

You didn't say he lost control though
Of course I didn't say he lost control. That's your argument, remember?
you said he turned in. That is a deliberate action. Something which Morgan is saying he didn't do.

Also I find it a bit rich that you always call others closeminded just because they don't agree with you. Somewhat ironic don't you think?

I say he turned in because he turned in, you can see it from his steering wheel angle. Also I believe this was the first time I've used the word "closeminded".

I just find it frustrating when people don't look at the facts, and instead just choose to have faith in someone or something.

You didn't say he lost control though, you said he turned in. That is a deliberate action. Something which Morgan is saying he didn't do.

Well, almost all assassins will say to the judge that they never killed anyone :)

It's a fact that he steered into Jack, and just after the race he said he didn't loose the control of the car when someone asked him. Maybe that's why he is removing some people on Facebook :)

Really...

You can see perfectly:

1-The initial oversteer correction
2-The steering wheel turned into the right side

Which is what Mikko stated initially. Only in the last moment he tries to avoid him, that's why I thought since the first moment that Morand wanted to go to the inside to protect the hairpin, but he didn't realize that Jack was already there.

I apologise. You have better FPS than me :). Most of the things I have said were not correct. I guess the debate is still whether the turn to the right was an over-correction rather than a turn to the inside but I guess thats another debate entirely. Nevertheless still feel was a harsh penalty but my apologies for getting certain things wrong.

With no intent of provoking this discussion further, I just have to point out the penalty that a certain Schumacher got in F1 today. It shows that FIA is slowly heading towards the same direction of FSR, that is, to penalize moves regardless of intent (as we all probably agree, Schumacher did not intend to take Vergne out).

Appeal #1 (Incident #7 - Keithley vs. Morand)

GhostSpeed Racing argues that the incident between Jack Keithley and Morgan Morand on lap 15 into turn 1 was a result of an overoptimistic late braking of Keithley and that not the necessary space was given to Morand. The COA has found some evidence to support these statements but overall it is deemed that the incident is too vague to be penalized for either side.
At the start of braking and until the corner apex, the COA agrees that the driving of Keithley is up to the rules. The COA also finds that Morand was quite conservative with giving the needed room at the apex point of the turn, which contributed to the seen contact. After the apex, Keithley indeed continues on a somewhat wide line, which suggest he started braking somewhat late. However, since the contact took place at the apex and not after the apex, the COA finds both drivers responsible (Morand for not giving any margin of space), and hence this incident is judged as "racing incident", as per the original director's decision.

Appeal verdict: verdict stands

Sorry for the late review of this incident. This will be the last time that a thorough review will be written and published for appeal reviews, in the hope that it will make the appeal process faster.

With no intent of provoking this discussion further, I just have to point out the penalty that a certain Schumacher got in F1 today. It shows that FIA is slowly heading towards the same direction of FSR, that is, to penalize moves regardless of intent (as we all probably agree, Schumacher did not intend to take Vergne out).

I think that was the 3th time now he did that, so it was about time to wake him up.:roflmao:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.