Race #11, Germany: Post-Race Checks

The appeal deadline is Thursday, the 20th of September @ 0:06 GMT. Send your appeals to fsradmin@gmail.com

Bono Huis

Q1: Clean
Q2: Clean
Log: Clean
Launch Control: Used
Pitstop: Lap 12, 24, 36, 48
GPCOS: Ok
Penalty: N/A

Jeffrey Rietveld

Pitstop: Lap 12, 24, 36, 48

Gergo Baldi

Pitstop: Lap 12, 24, 37, 50

Patrick De Wit

Pitstop: Lap 15, 30, 45

John-Eric Saxen

Q2: N/A
Pitstop: Lap 11, 23, 35, 47

Petar Brljak

Q1: Cut, Off track in T7 entry
Q2: N/A, asked to remove laptime
Pitstop: Lap 10, 23, 36, 48
Penalty: Back of the Grid in the next race for Qualifying Infraction, 0.5 Penalty Points for Incident #5

Mark Aalberts

Pitstop: Lap 11, 23, 36, 48, 51
Penalty: 1.0 Penalty Points for Incident #1

Blair Disley

Pitstop: Lap 12, 28, 44

Peter Varga

Q1: Started from the back of the grid
Pitstop: Lap 9, 21, 34, 47

Tommy Nilsson

Log: Wrong race number set in manager (#0)
Pitstop: Lap 11, 24, 36, 38, 39, 49
Penalty: Official Warning for Log Infraction

Eros Masciulli

Q1: Started from the back of the grid
Pitstop: Lap 14, 30, 31, 45

Jim Parisis

Pitstop: Lap 1, 13, 25, 38, 50

Giuseppe Marconi

Pitstop: Lap 11, 23, 35, 47

Jack Keithley

Pitstop: Lap 9, 19, 29
Penalty: Official Warning for Incident #8

Morgan Morand

Pitstop: Lap 12, 24, 36
Penalty: 1.0 Penalty Points for Incident #9, 1.5 Penalty Point limit reached on 2nd license, Banned for the rest of the season

Michael Francesconi

Pitstop: Lap 12, 25

Sean Greenlaw

Q1: Wrong file sent (1:31.495 instead of 1:31.436)
Pitstop: Lap 14, 28
GPCOS: Late GPCOS Comment
Penalty: Back of the Grid in the next race for Qualifying Infraction, Official Warning for late GPCOS comment

Antonio Kolarec

Pitstop: Lap 1, 19

Sebastiano Filosa

Pitstop: Lap 13, 16

Yannick Lapchin

Pitstop: Lap 13

Incidents:

Driver(s) Involved: Aalberts - Lapchin

Replay Time: 3min 25sec

Review: Aalberts is behind Lapchin and Nilsson heading in to T3. As they reach the braking zone, Aalberts brakes later than Lapchin and get his front wheel alongside Lapchin's sidepod. Aalberts' car is sliding a bit, and his right side makes contact with Lapchin's left rear wheel, causing Lapchin to slide off the track and lose multiple positions.

Verdict: 1.0 Penalty Points for Mark Aalberts, considering the layout of this corner and the circumstances (lap 1 & Lapchin fighting with Nilsson alongside him), this move was too optimistic.

Driver(s) Involved: Aalberts - Lapchin

Replay Time: 10min - 20sec

Review: Aalberts is following De Wit in to T10 when he misses his braking point and has to go wide on the runoff. He rejoins the track between Saxen and Lapchin, but because of his slower momentum, Lapchin is able to get alongside him as they reach the turn-in for T11. Aalberts takes an unusually wide entry, causing Lapchin to go even further wide to avoid him, but not before making light contact.

Verdict: Racing Incident, based on Lapchin's trajectory before the incident, he wasn't prepared to go side by side through the corner anyway.

Driver(s) Involved: Rietveld - Filosa

Replay Time: 21min - 47sec

Review: Rietveld exits the pits in front of Filosa, stays in front at all times, Filosa touches his rear extremely lightly in the middle of T2.

Verdict: Waste of my time.

Driver(s) Involved: Marconi - Filosa

Replay Time: 27min - 54sec

Review: Filosa is following Marconi through the final chicane. Marconi makes a slight mistake and starts to slide at the exit of the corner, causing him to use the brakes to regain control of the car. Filosa is not prepared for this and hits Marconi's rear, causing him to lose his front wing.

Verdict: Racing Incident.

Driver(s) Involved: Brljak - Masciulli

Replay Time: 32min 22sec

Review: Brljak is following Masciulli as they approach the final chicane. Brljak attempts to outbrake Masciulli despite approximately 2 carlengths behind him. Brljak outbrakes himself a bit, touching Masciulli lightly and forcing Masciulli to go off track to avoid a stronger contact.

Verdict: 0.5 Penalty Points for Petar Brljak

Driver(s) Involved: Jack Keithley and Morgan Morand

Lap/Replay Time: Lap 15 - 24:39

Review: Morand and Keithley are approaching T1 with Morand in front. Keithley gets a good slipstream and goes on the inside for T1. Morand takes a wide entry on the outside, but cuts in too tight to accommodate Keithley's entryline who is by now alongside him. Keithley's front left makes light contact with Morand, but enough for him to start to slide and for Keithley to take the position.

Verdict: Racing Incident, Morand should've given more space

Lap/Replay Time: Lap 37 - 58:29

Review: Morand is exiting the pits with Keithley already on track approaching T1. Morand is slightly ahead as they enter T1, but Keithley cuts back on the inside and gets a better exit out of the corner, getting the position. As Keithley passes Morand, his left rear tire goes through Morand's front wing.

Verdict: Nothing.

Lap/Replay Time: Lap 39 - 61:50

Review: Morand and Keithley are side by side heading for T5, with Morand on the outside line. Morand is hugging the white line as Keithley keeps moving over, resulting in light wheel to wheel contact, but Morand still gets his car in front of Keithley for T6.

Verdict: Official Warning for Jack Keithley

Driver(s) Involved: Jack Keithley, Morgan Morand

Lap/Replay Time: Lap 39 - 61:58

Review: continued from Incident #8... Morand runs a bit deep in to T6, allowing Keithley to get a better exit line. Morand loses traction while exiting the corner, which allows Keithley to move alongside of Morand. After Morand corrects his oversteer moment, he turns in to Keithley's path quite sharply, resulting in contact and for both cars to slam in to the barrier, forcing both cars to retire.

Verdict: 1.0 Penalty Points for Morgan Morand

Ok it's really not my "hobby" to comment on others cases nor about penalties, but I felt like I could say what I'm going to say having had to face a license revoking in my team to Peter Varga. What I don't like, what I really don't like, is that when something goes wrong our members can't control themselves from spitting into the same plate where they're eating. Mikko can be wrong? Of course he can be, he's a single man taking difficult decisions, but seeing an important member talking like this about the club is sad. I don't think any other league has a specific COA to review again possible verdicts in case of contrasts and still we want to call this system BIASED? And isn't it biased when the same PM guy we're accusing didn't give a penalty in Monza (verdict confirmed by COA I will anticipate)?

I don't mean to accuse you in any way Morgan and I have to say my respect for you grew a lot lately and maybe that's exactly why I wanted to comment on this. You're becoming quite "someone" in the league and that gives you also more responsibility. I can understand the anger but I find it unfair to call the whole club biased when a decision is against our opinion.

There are some natural limits as it's obviously not ideal to have people from important teams also doing the admin job but in these 11 years it became more than clear that is the only way possible. It's not ideal as it makes it too easy to pronounce the word "biased" when things happen but let me add that everything has been made to solve this, by having an appeal organish composed by different heads and other work arounds.

You might say it's not the same case when it's with someone who's fighting for the championship. Well already in principles I wouldn't agree as everyone deserves the same attention and justice from admins as top gun but I also add when it's one of the BIG names then also your own responsibility toward the club increases as your words can be heavier than others.

Also, in club's view, banning you is a big damage to the club itself as we're all enjoying the battle with Bono and we're all wishing it would last till last corner of last race. Loosing this would be a big hit for the club. So does that mean that if COA will change the verdict then PM should call judges BIASED again just from the "other side of the river"?

I'm not saying who is wrong or who is right in this incident review, that's really not my point, all I mean is that you, Morgan Morand, saying "BIASED. See you FSR" is unfair, plain unfair, to the people who honestly offers a piece of their lives to this club to make it work (just for example in 30 mins we have the first trial of the day and I'm writing this hehehe). And even if you would really think that Mikko is biased (which I'm sure you deeply know is not like that), then it would still be unfair to use those words when you are offered a further grade of review by this same club to protect you and all members from possible mistakes which we all can make.

I'm more than sure all of us would have had SUPER HOT BLOOD on track when seeing such a nice trick has been prepared to us. I can totally understand that, PM was really "evil" (of course I mean it in a sports way) and all anger on track is more than understandable, maybe if it was me I would have crashed much earlier hehe so I'm not talking about that, but when the game is over.....when the things cool down, especially the guys who are seen like "heros" should understand they're also facing a responsibility toward the club. You could see it immediately already in this same topic, other people talking about race director like he's blind and like they have the thruth which he can't see, despite not imagining how hard it can be sometimes to take such decisions.
If this is the behaviour, we would also have one of the parts calling admins biased, from one side or the other. Monza cuttings case would say it all, it was about you, about PM, about a win....... any decision could be called biased then?

I wrote a book lol and I need to run now but, in conclusion, I would never write this if it wasn't driven by my increased respect, Morgan, and I hope you see the only point I'm trying to make. If it was Bono using the same words I would feel exactly the same need to say this.
I might be dreaming but I hope you can use different words as everyone can understand your anger but it would be a nice act to change your words to different ones. You have all rights to disagree and also possible solutions. Like I said after SPA, if one head is against my opinion about a racing moment I'll prolly tend to think I can be right, if three heads are against my opinion I will find it more than fair to think they're right and accept it. Can we really call a club working like this biased?

That's it, I see you as one of the big voices here, you conqueered that position on track with amazing races, amazing moves, amazing speed. And from big powers.....ah no that's Spiderman :) I'm sure you know what I mean and, I might be wrong, I'm sure you'll change those words when the anger will be gone.

With respect,

the oldest fart of the club:p

Verdict: Racing Incident, based on Lapchin's trajectory before the incident, he wasn't prepared to go side by side through the corner anyway.

About incident #2 : I don't understand this. I'm not saying that I don't agree, but I just need further explanation. Because this is not very precise, I can't give myself a chance to "get prepared" to this kind of action in next races.

I find the kind of argument that Morand presents towards the race director extremely unfair. It is basically a means of turning away focus from what happened (the incident) towards personal level. This alone proves that the argumenter is on weak grounds. Of course, as everyone who read the decision knows, Morand did not get banned for this move, he got banned for consuming 4.5 penalty points over 11 races. Needless to say, it is meanwhile also a big loss for this league on track.

I have not analyzed this incident in detail so I cannot give a view on it. However, as I read, Morand was found the instigator that resulted in race-ending damage for another driver. 1 penalty point for such an offense is a standard verdict and you can find similar verdicts being applied in the World Series. Anyway, as Eny said, FSR is a unique league in that incidents can be investigated on many levels (COA). This makes the system extremely fair to everyone compared to any other league.

John-Eric, I think that it was a bit extreme to give penalty points for a little mistake made..
Too much pressure? Probably but 1 little mistake! This is unfair as anyone can do it at anytime.. I think that it was just unfortunate that Jack was on that side of the track when it happened..

Morand moved over to defend his line and he just lost the rear a little, it was just unfortunate with the way things went.. Had he been able to control his car, he would never hit a driver off like that.. Especially when he is fighting for a championship with BONO HUIS.. He needed every point possible to salvage something.. Now think, he needed that position, it was an unintentional accident, but every driver out there wants to win, I'm sure of it! Hence Morgans eagerness to get around Jack.. One little mistake should not be penalised in this fashion.. It should be deemed a Racing Incident.. I hope everybody sees and shares my view on this..

Overall the incident was completely pointless. Keithley, although has the right to fight for positions, would have to relinquish multiple positions at the end of the race to continue to race in World Series. An accident over a position that would have to be given up later in the race was just not necessary.

So if I got it right, the 1.0pt is given because Morgan didn't have any place to correct the back end stepping out as there was Jack?

And then, can someone please explain me, why would Jack have to lose positions at the end of the race to continue to race in World Series? Or should I re-read whole rulebook?

+1 on Eny & JES, the rules are as fair as you can get, and only when a driver reaches to many penalties points for infractions/poor driving do bans come in. However as said the COA can look at it and its always judged fairly.

The other thing is, when our drivers do something wrong and get banned we need to accept this and try to improve on that part of their racing. It's happened with one guy with us and someone else on another team getting banned this season for poor driving. But we did not try to blame FSR and post our thoughts on the forum to try make FSR look bad, we accepted it professional and move forward as in these situations you have to man up, accept it instead of trying to blame others when they have done nothing wrong.

How? Huis Being Huis will dominate. Morand was the only one this year that has taken the fight to him!

I would say otherwise, remember Rietveld in Spa and Monza? (Fought Huis both times, beat him at Spa) With the championship also over by the looks of it Huis could take easy if he likes leaving opportunities for others to fight for the win. Also remember there is new guys in WC such as Rietveld and Baldi, both scoring podiums now in their first season in WC, it's only a matter of time before they get a win I feel or at least fight for it. Next season they could be championship contenders possibly and potentially others also.

It amazes me that non of these "experienced" fsr dudes cant see Morgans pov. First of all pm puts their ws driver on 5 stop so he can keep up with morgan as easy as possible and make his race harder. Lets remind everyone that he could not finish anywhere near the top. So that alone makes me lose the little respect i had for pm. At the incident where Keithly divebombed morgan into t1 it got pretty clear that what happend in the end was exactly what pm was after. Ofcourse i am biased towards morgan since he is my teammate, im not afraid to say that, but i just cant understand how that t1 incident was okay and the race ending incident was worth 1pp? After everything that happend on track morgan is the only one who got penalized(by pm member) i think morgans reaction is totally understandable.

Now as a racing fan i dont really understand why pm would go on such lenghts to **** up a great battle for championship. Its not like Bono was the underdog here and needed this. I also assume that after all those lets face it... easy titles Bono would actually enjoy battling on the track with some competition without **** like we saw last weekend.

Was it right to say what morgan said on public forum? Maybe not, but thats what alot of people thinks like it or not.

I hope in the future i dont have to witness race like this in fsr as i love the competition and other drivers here and i would really like to be part of this in future aswell.

I hope all this get sorted and we're gonna see an awesome finale for the season.

Now as a racing fan i dont really understand why pm would go on such lenghts to **** up a great battle for championship. Its not like Bono was the underdog here and needed this. I also assume that after all those lets face it... easy titles Bono would actually enjoy battling on the track with some competition without **** like we saw last weekend.

Me neither, and that's not the first time anyway. Last year they did the same with Hirrle against Atze (at Nurburgring too :D), when Bono already had 10000 points more than anyone else. Bono would have won anyway that race, same last race. I find this only a way to create enemies, one should be a bit more practical because after all this is a game... but anyway if they decide to use such tactics, they are free to do it. And that's something which is allowed, as long as you don't break the rules, and we have to differenciate something like this from Morand's penalties during the season.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 80 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 58 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 65 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 38 6.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 91 14.4%