1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Race #10, Australia: Race Briefing

Discussion in 'Formula SimRacing' started by Carlos Martín, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Welcome to the 10th race of the 2014 Formula SimRacing Pro Series season at Melbourne.

The password to join the server will be visible when you log in to GPCOS in the Control Center next to the server's IP address.

Before proceeding to the event, pay attention to the following:
    • Read the updated 2014 rules package from this thread
    • Remember to join the game with the FSR Manager software running, and follow the post race procedures here
    Allocations (22):
    Late Allocations (1)
    Back of the grid (8):

Sunday, 13:15 GMT: Practice
    Sunday, 13:30 GMT: Qualifying 1
    Sunday, 13:40 GMT: Qualifying 2
    Sunday, 13:50 GMT: Warmup
    Sunday, 14:00 GMT: Race
    The Free Practice session will be 10 minutes in length and will be run in the "Practice 1" session. Every participating driver should join as soon as possible after the server opens to make sure that they don't miss the start of Qualifying and also to make sure that their game is configured & working properly.

Qualifying will be split to two sessions (10 + 5 minutes). Both sessions will run in non-private mode (all cars will be visible on track at the same time). Qualifying 1 will be run with free setup while Qualifying 2 has Parc Ferme enforced. Parc Ferme will only allow you to change your fuel load, tire compound, engine boost, engine brakemap, front wing angle, steering lock, brake balance and brake pressure after the session is over, so make sure you have your race setup loaded when entering Qualifying 2. Qualifying 2 session will be closed, this means that it will impossible for people to join while the session is running.

The Warmup session will be 10 minutes in length. While in the garage, make sure you add the appropriate amount of fuel in to your car since refuelling is not allowed during the race. You can drive freely in the Warmup session to try to get a feel for the heavier car after qualifying on low fuel.

The Race will be 35 laps long. Drive safely during the race, especially at the start and the first lapin general.

Red Flags will NOT be used unless in very specific situations which are specified in the rule documents.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Updated
  3. We saw what happened in ACE yesterday.

I know it's a cliché, but I'll say it anyway: You cannot win the race on turn 1 or indeed lap 1, but you can lose it. So let's all keep it clean. And yes, this goes for myself too.

Good luck. ;)
    • Like Like x 2
  4. You can't win if you crash anyway. People don't crash :)
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Server Opens for Practice Session.

Good Luck!
  6. Server does not let to download RW mod!
    • Beer Beer x 2
  7. Same here.
  8. For me too.
    • Beer Beer x 1
  9. Some troubles with the RW Mod.

Stay Tunned for updates
    • Beer Beer x 2
  10. Me too
  11. Same here guys, glad I'm not the only one :thumbsup:
  12. Try again
    • Beer Beer x 1
  13. Still nothing :p
  14. We are trying to solve this as soon as posible. Stay Tunned
  15. no
  16. I think it can be a good idea to upload here the file we need to use, but if someone will miss these messages I think there will be a debate.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. No worries mate, I know how hard it is to organize a race myself especially with server issues :/ Take your time :) :thumbsup:
  18. hmm it's risky, but after a while I would imagine the drivers will be reading these messages when they see no timing or stream
  19. Problem solved, you can join.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. It wasn't about the file, because I had the file and I couldn't join either. The problem is solved anyway.
    • Like Like x 1