1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Race #09, Belgium (2): Race Briefing

Discussion in 'Formula SimRacing' started by David Dominguez, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Welcome to the 9th race of the FSR 2012 World Trophy season at Belgium! You will find the password for this event by logging on GPCOS and looking at the password field which is next to the server's IP address.

Before proceeding to the event, pay attention to the following:
    • Remember to join the game with the FSR Manager software running, as described in the pre-raceand post-race procedures
    • A pre-qualifying session is organized (see the schedule and listings below)
    • Due to the number of allocated drivers being >36, Grid 2 race is organized this time
    Following drivers (6) have automatically gained the right to race in Grid 1. The listed drivers are NOT ALLOWED to take part in Pre-Qualifying:

Following drivers have the right to participate in Pre-Qualifying:
    Pre-qualifying Group 1 (16):
    Pre-qualifying Group 2 (15):
    Start from back of the grid:
    License Status:

The Pre-Qualifying session will be 10 minutes in length, split in two sessions. The sessions will be run in Private mode without Parc Ferme. The sessions will also be closed, this means that it will impossible for people to join while the session is running. The top 20 from Pre-Qualifying will make it in to Grid 1.

The Free Practice session will be 10 minutes in length. Every participating driver should join as soon as possible after the server opens to make sure that they don't miss the start of Qualifying and also to make sure that their game is configured & working properly.

Qualifying will be split to two sessions (10 + 5 minutes). Both sessions will run in non-private mode (all cars will be visible on track at the same time). Qualifying 1 will be run with free setup while Qualifying 2 has Parc Ferme enforced. Parc Ferme will only allow you to change your fuel load, tire compound, engine boost, engine brakemap, front wing angle, steering lock, brake balance and brake pressure after the session is over, so make sure you have your race setup loaded when entering Qualifying 2. Qualifying 2 session will be closed, this means that it will impossible for people to join while the session is running.

The Warmup session will be 10 minutes in length. You can drive freely in the Warmup session to try to get a feel for the heavier car after qualifying on low fuel.

The Race will be 33 laps long. Drive safely during the race, especially at the start and the first lap in general.

Red Flags will NOT be used unless in very specific situations which are specified in the rule documents.
  2. Tomorrow we will run 2 pre-qualy sessions, check carefully where's your name in.
  3. Thomas Mundy

Thomas Mundy
    FSR President

Can I ask why my name is not on the list? I have had doctors appointments this week but I'm fine now so was wondering why I'm not on list. I never changed my allocation from the last weekend so should still be down as racing.

EDIT: I see we had to re-allocate for the race but I wasn't expecting to have to do this so can I be allowed to run in PQ anyway David? I haven't accessed RD all week. :( I just thought we'd have to reallocate if we were not racing anymore and change the status we already had.
  4. Hi!
    Sorry, but why is Zoltan Csuti's name not on the list? Do they had to allocate again?
    We didn't know that, sorry, but he'd like to race today. Is it possible, to find a solution for this? He can come..
    Thank you.
  5. All allocated drivers got a email to reallocate, i think you should check your emails frequently ;)
  6. Tume

The unlucky Finn

I have recorvered for the race ;)
  7. Tume

The unlucky Finn

Could you explain what you mean with this, as the message has been sent today :p
  8. It's just 2PQ sessions instead of normal 1 session.

Remember different timezones so it might have been sent yesterday somewhere ;)
  9. Every driver got an e-mail saying:

"This is a reminder for you to allocate for the re-scheduled WT race at Spa. We've removed the previous allocations to make sure that we have an accurate allocation list for the re-scheduled race"

I nearly created a post here, but thought, nah I bet people will check their emails
  10. Thomas Mundy

Thomas Mundy
    FSR President

Yeah ok I realise should have checked emails but as people will tell you I haven't been on MSN for a few days due to my problems. I do understand though if I can't race. See you guys in Monza then. The trouble is I don't really use my MSN email much anymore either. Can I just change it to my standard email in profile here?

EDIT: As it happens my reason for being away this week is I have a poorly foot so probably just as well I can't race but being the simracer I am still wanted to. :p Hopefully can get some good points in Monza. Here probably wouldn't have been that fast anyway. Lack of testing.
  11. Grid 2.
  12. Just Allocated for the race...........because i was in holiday for a week
    I will probably partcipate
  13. David can you please put me on group 2 for PQ ? PLS ?

Milan radivojevic
  14. EDIT:Milan will drive in PQ1,no changes needed(He isnt able to post,so i did it ).Thy!
  15. But he'd like to race on the G1. Can he drive on the PQ?
    EDIT: He didn't get an email, he didn't know the he had to allocate again.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Please David :)
  17. I already replied, same "penalty" as everybody for missing the allocation.
    • Like Like x 2
  18. FSR is "joke" league at the moment! Evry 5sec someone join in or leave the server in PQ where you should have maximum concentracion !
    And there is stupid guys which are chatting in the middle of the seasion!!!!

• Like Like x 3
  19. I wish you could turn the window off like other stuff in rfactor (rev.mirrors etc) or just disable the option to chat or I dont know, it annoyed me too :/
    • Like Like x 3
  20. I crashed my car because of the stupid chatters in my last attempt!! Lose 1.5sec in that lap and that still was my best lap with the time 49.2 :mad: So annoyed :mad:
    • Like Like x 2