1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

RACE 07 Special Event: V8 Supercars Ironman

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by RaceDepartment, Jul 24, 2013.

1. RaceDepartment

RaceDepartment
    Administrator Staff

View the Post on the Blog

2. Andrew Ford

Andrew Ford
    Premium Member

Sorry but I've never followed any of these.
    I follow f1 which for me is the best open wheeler racing . What is the difference between Stcc wtcc supercars and v8? Which is better? Which are there different series for eAch from different parts of the world? Which series would an aspiring driver aim for and why? Ay info much appreciated!

3. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

I'm in the USA and I'm not a big follower of anything but MotoGP and F1.
    So, here's my take ;) on the classes.

WTCC, something the Euro folks like as they can watch cars bashing it up without having to watch NASCAR replays from the USA.. STCC, someone took the WTCC idea and shoved it on the Scandinavians [hope my spell checker catches that] after finding a few parking lots that could be reconditioned as racetracks. The V8's are what the Aussies drink when they run out of Fosters, lol! Just joking :). The V8's seem to be the muscle cars from down under and you might understand that 8 is better than 6 and certainly better that 4 so the grunt is a bit better. Just to spread the word, they made sure the series extended beyond the land down under and since people want to drive these "ferocious" cars, I guess that's a good thing.

Which is better, that's a tough one. First you have to get beyond any pre-existing notions. WTCC and STCC cars seem about the same to me, just more skins. Other that a few Beemer's to satisfy RWD racers a good lot of cars with varied performance that race well together.

The V8's are nothing like the *TCC cars, period. RWD demands skill and the Supercars are a challenge. If you can manage, handle, go quick in a V8, you got it made.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Andrew Ford

Andrew Ford
    Premium Member

this was really helpful and clear Dennis Phelan. Thank you!

Gotta love the V8 engines! See you on track:thumbsup:

5. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

Some might say I made it sound like the FWD cars are easy to drive. Anyone can get in one and circulate but there is just as much to the setup and the skill-set required to maintain a a perfect relationship between the front tires and the road. What they offer is forgiveness, less spinning and fewer chances to leave the road as recovery can be easier.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Calum McLure

Calum McLure
    Did ye, aye? Premium Member

Helps with the bumping and grinding in a touring car series :D

If it was purely RWD in the BTCC then they would all just be driving around on the grass and gravel traps with body work falling off every race...

They make for some cracking saves as well :p

7. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

The Aussie V8 Supercars have incredibly close driving throughout the field, and they are RWD (with lots of power) and they don't spend too much time on the grass or gravel. Generally, the tracks are tighter and more dangerous (Street Circuits or Bathurst) too. They do have the occasional heavy bingle with severe damage, but considering how close and competitive they are, the incidents are fairly rare considering the cars used. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Calum McLure

Calum McLure
    Did ye, aye? Premium Member

The quality of drivers helps there though :p lol

• Like Like x 1