RACE 07 Special Event: V8 Supercars Ironman

OverTake.gg

Administrator
Staff

The Simbin Race 07 series club brings back the V8 Supercars IronMan event. This time the V8 Supercars will roar on the Sebring 12H course in 34 laps race with pit stops.

The V8 Supercars IronMan is finally back and this time around they will roar on the Sebring 12H course for an exciting race which will be fully logged and tracked by our new recently announced RaceLog software.

Sebring International Raceway is a road course auto racing facility located near Sebring, Florida. It's one of the oldest continuously-operating race track in the United-States, its first race being run in 1950. Sebring is one of the classic race tracks in North American sports car racing, and plays host to the 12 Hours of Sebring, one of the legs of the unofficial triple crown of endurance racing.

The raceway occupies a portion of Sebring Regional Airport, an active airport for private and commercial traffic that was originally built as Hendricks Army Airfield, a World War II training base for the U.S. Army Air Forces.

After the war, aeronautical engineer Alec Ulmann, seeking sites to restore military aircraft for civilian use, saw potential in Hendrick's runways to stage a sports car endurance race, similar to the 24 Hours of Le Mans. Sebring first race was held on New Year's Eve of 1950. The Sam Collier 6 Hour Memorial race was won by Fritz Koster and Ralph Deshon in a Crosley Hot Shot that had been driven to the track by Victor Sharpe. This first race attracted thirty race cars from across North America.

The first 12 Hours of Sebring was held on March 15, 1952, and would grow to be a major international race. In 1959, the race track hosted the first Formula One Grand Prix in the United states. Due to the poor attendance and high cost, the next United States Grand Prix was held at Riverside, according to the history page of Wikipedia .

Brief history lesson of the V8 Supercars according to the Wikipage: V8 Supercars is a touring car racing category based in Australia and run as an International Series under the Fédération International de l'Automobile (FIA) regulations.

V8 Supercars events take place in all Australian states and territories, excluding the Australian Capital Territory (which formerly held the Canberra 400). Overseas rounds are also held in New Zealand and the United States of America and previously in China, Bahrain and the United Arab Emirates. A non-championship event is also held in support of the Australian Grand Prix

It's you against the machine come join the excitement and test your endurance in a race car that takes no prisoners. in a 34 laps IronMan. With a big thanks to Yves Larose in the setting up of this event. Details of the event can be found in the event thread at the Race 07 Racing Club forum

Race 07 Series is a sports car simulator developed by Simbin for the PC. it based on the WTCC championship but it also include other type of racing cars such as the Mini Cooper, the Caterham, the Radical. The Race 07 Series include many expansion packs the add many other cars such as the GT's, some open wheels, Muscle cars, Retro cars and the STCC championship cars and historical tracks such as the Nordschleife. The game also support an extensive of modding cars and tracks that makes the game even more interesting and makes it a must have for online racing. Check out our Race 07 Official WTCC game forums for ongoing support, mods and quality online racing with gentleman driving standards.

You can also see what other great events RaceDepartment has to offer at a glance on our calendar found here.
View the Post on the Blog

Sorry but I've never followed any of these.
I follow f1 which for me is the best open wheeler racing . What is the difference between Stcc wtcc supercars and v8? Which is better? Which are there different series for eAch from different parts of the world? Which series would an aspiring driver aim for and why? Ay info much appreciated!

I'm in the USA and I'm not a big follower of anything but MotoGP and F1.
So, here's my take ;) on the classes.

WTCC, something the Euro folks like as they can watch cars bashing it up without having to watch NASCAR replays from the USA.. STCC, someone took the WTCC idea and shoved it on the Scandinavians [hope my spell checker catches that] after finding a few parking lots that could be reconditioned as racetracks. The V8's are what the Aussies drink when they run out of Fosters, lol! Just joking :). The V8's seem to be the muscle cars from down under and you might understand that 8 is better than 6 and certainly better that 4 so the grunt is a bit better. Just to spread the word, they made sure the series extended beyond the land down under and since people want to drive these "ferocious" cars, I guess that's a good thing.

Which is better, that's a tough one. First you have to get beyond any pre-existing notions. WTCC and STCC cars seem about the same to me, just more skins. Other that a few Beemer's to satisfy RWD racers a good lot of cars with varied performance that race well together.

The V8's are nothing like the *TCC cars, period. RWD demands skill and the Supercars are a challenge. If you can manage, handle, go quick in a V8, you got it made.

Helps with the bumping and grinding in a touring car series :D

If it was purely RWD in the BTCC then they would all just be driving around on the grass and gravel traps with body work falling off every race...

They make for some cracking saves as well :p

If it was purely RWD in the BTCC then they would all just be driving around on the grass and gravel traps with body work falling off every race...

The Aussie V8 Supercars have incredibly close driving throughout the field, and they are RWD (with lots of power) and they don't spend too much time on the grass or gravel. Generally, the tracks are tighter and more dangerous (Street Circuits or Bathurst) too. They do have the occasional heavy bingle with severe damage, but considering how close and competitive they are, the incidents are fairly rare considering the cars used. ;)

The Aussie V8 Supercars have incredibly close driving throughout the field, and they are RWD (with lots of power) and they don't spend too much time on the grass or gravel. Generally, the tracks are tighter and more dangerous (Street Circuits or Bathurst) too. They do have the occasional heavy bingle with severe damage, but considering how close and competitive they are, the incidents are fairly rare considering the cars used. ;)

The quality of drivers helps there though :p lol

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea