Race 07 mini dump file--please help

race 07 has been perfect for the last 3-4 months until now, i keep getting this mini dump file after game crashes to desktop. please could someone help me identify the problem and correct this so that i can race again.I cant think of anything that has changed so i am clueless......

many thanks Richard

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Desktop\Race_Steam_1.2.1.10-20120524-164826-1568-2904.dmp]
User Mini Dump File: Only registers, stack and portions of memory are available

Symbol search path is: C:\wigan*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Version 7600 MP (2 procs) Free x86 compatible
Product: WinNt, suite: SingleUserTS
Machine Name:
Debug session time: Thu May 24 16:48:27.000 2012 (UTC + 1:00)
System Uptime: not available
Process Uptime: 0 days 0:03:08.000
This dump file has an exception of interest stored in it.
The stored exception information can be accessed via .ecxr.
(620.b58): Access violation - code c0000005 (first/second chance not available)
eax=00000000 ebx=0ad01020 ecx=ffffffe8 edx=0d28b014 esi=0ad00fe0 edi=0018ea94
eip=76fa0bd2 esp=0018e754 ebp=0018e764 iopl=0 nv up ei ng nz na pe nc
cs=0023 ss=002b ds=002b es=002b fs=0053 gs=002b efl=00010286
*** ERROR: Symbol file could not be found. Defaulted to export symbols for ntdll.dll -
ntdll!ZwGetContextThread+0x12:
76fa0bd2 83c404 add esp,4

Mod Edit: Windows username removed from the log. You shouldn't post that in public. :)

Richard - no idea with mini dumps and what they mean, I have had them, we all have had mini dumps...

If you get one after installing a new mod or skins or tracks then they are usually the culprit and removing them generally sorts things out.

Also you could try finding your Steam blob files.

Program files - Steam - find the Client regisrty.blob AND AppUpdateStats.blob

files - and delete (perhaps you may prefer to CUT them and paste, say on your desktop) the important thing is to remove them from the Steam folder. When you open Steam these will be recreated and can cause problems if they get corroupted.

If the problems not solved yet, you can try verifying your games files in Steam - log onto Steam and find this option (can't remember which menu in Steam it is under at the moment.

If that all fails you could try uninstalling any mods/tracks.

Richard, there is no point in sending minidumps to developers near you as they don't do anything with it. Its for development purposes only I believe.

Obviously there is something wrong seeing that log you posted. Please try the following:

1) Close Steam
2) Go to your X:\YourGamesFolder\Steam\steamapps\YourName folder and delete the entire RACE 07 folder
3) Restart Steam
4) Click to start RACE 07

All files will now decompress and you have a pure 100% clean game installation without having to download all the content again from Steam.

Try to repeat the same steps you did when you received the error the last time. If the error is still there its not the game but most likely your PC or Steam account or one of 20000 other things that can be wrong that are at fault :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back