RACE 07, GTR Evolution, STCC - The Game, or RACE On?

Hi,

I'm new here at racedepartment and I am confused with which game I need to get if it says GTR Evolution (cause it never says "Race 07" in any league!!! But in the leadership category, it only names Race 07!) .

If the league or event names GTR Evolution, can I also partake with "Race 07", or do I need to buy the GTR Evolution Game?

Thanks a lot!

Ulli

STCC has the best introduction music!

I bought Race 07 then pre-ordered GTR Evo which meant I got Evo and then STCC for free it was a deal or something) so now I am struggling to justify spening £14-15 on just getting the WTCC 08 cars? I guess you get the Formula Masters and few more street cars but really I only race the saloons and GTs

I am another person to bump this old thread. I am on the same boat as the original poster so didn't want to start a new topic.

I currently have a choice of GTR Evo and Race On. Could you answer some questions that would help me to make my mind?

1. What is the most popular online formula series - RaceRoom Formula, F3000 or International Formula Masters? Is there anyone still using these cars? I noticed that there are no leagues or clubs for these classes here at RD. Could I experience any difficulties finding online races for any of these classes?

2. What production cars are available in the GTR Evo? I know there is Audi R8 and Koenigsegg. Any production Porsche or Ferrari? Are there any production cars in Race On?

3. I heard GTR Evolution offers 2008 season for GT class. Is it true?

4. Are wreckers (no matter whether Race On or GTR Evo) such a common problem if I join a non-RD server?

5. If I download a skinpack (e.g. F1 2011 skinpack for RRF1) will I be able to compete with players, who have default skins?

uff... I know these questions may seem a bit weird but there are quite a few things that are interesting in both of the games and getting some info will help me to decide. Thanks in advance.

2. What production cars are available in the GTR Evo? I know there is Audi R8 and Koenigsegg. Any production Porsche or Ferrari? Are there any production cars in Race On?

There are also Dodge Viper SRT-10 and Gumpert Apollo.

Race On apparently has these cars in street version: Cadillac CTS-V, Chevrolet Camaro, Dodge Challenger SRT8, Dodge Charger SRT8.

4. Are wreckers (no matter whether Race On or GTR Evo) such a common problem if I join a non-RD server?

You can find decent people on public servers too, but yeah, I'd recommend joining a community.

5. If I download a skinpack (e.g. F1 2011 skinpack for RRF1) will I be able to compete with players, who have default skins?

Yes, but they won't be able to see your skin if they didn't download it.

1. What is the most popular online formula series - RaceRoom Formula, F3000 or International Formula Masters? Is there anyone still using these cars? I noticed that there are no leagues or clubs for these classes here at RD. Could I experience any difficulties finding online races for any of these classes?

For some mysterious reason nobody wants to drive open wheelers in Race series.. I don't get it as they all are very well made, i certainly would enjoy more open wheel racing.. Probably the most popular is MMG 2007 F1 mod which is also excellent, at par or better than original content.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.