R4's @ Various Countries - 2nd - 6th December 2015

Yes Finland is tricky for punctures but try to set your dampers and suspensions a little bit to the left (softer) and tap the brake before big jumps helps a lot :)

It's weird what happened.
I've been getting stuttering in my shadow play DR captures(which has been traced to lack of hard drive space) so all I did was turn a few graphics settings down prior to finding this out, came back later and then the problem was first noticed.
However:
*The calibrates on start up and is seen by windows and logitech profiler
*DR does not see the wheel and if I load any track on on Assetto Corsa it goes back to the menu screen.
*Both my keyboard and mouse have gone back to some sort of 'default' profile and any changes I make will not save
*The 3.5mm jack I use for my head phone did not work but does today and this was also the case with my external HD
*I've downloaded new G25 drivers checked GeForce experience.
Basically I'm stuck
Help!!

Sign me up :)

Edit: I did my run. Had some moments, mostly because game is still so new for me, but also some little finnish rocks are really-really tough and can destroy Evo X radiator really easily. So because of that engine was also damaged and I was running on low power, which wasn't actually that bad, because I was able to adopt conditions much better and go flat out better.

Can't wait for next event, this feels fun game actually.

Last edited:
It's weird what happened.
I've been getting stuttering in my shadow play DR captures(which has been traced to lack of hard drive space) so all I did was turn a few graphics settings down prior to finding this out, came back later and then the problem was first noticed.
However:
*The calibrates on start up and is seen by windows and logitech profiler
*DR does not see the wheel and if I load any track on on Assetto Corsa it goes back to the menu screen.
*Both my keyboard and mouse have gone back to some sort of 'default' profile and any changes I make will not save
*The 3.5mm jack I use for my head phone did not work but does today and this was also the case with my external HD
*I've downloaded new G25 drivers checked GeForce experience.
Basically I'm stuck
Help!!

Hmm, strange, I remember my G27 stopped working on all Codemasters games, worked on everything else. It all happened after I downloaded a GeForce Experience Beta, reverted to the old, and everything worked.
The fact that you are able to use shadowplay and get audio in picture in sync is not fair though! :p

Three punctures (2 Finland,1 Greece), one of which I drove the last split on to avoid the penalty. Took the penalty on the other two and tried to make up time on the other stages. Did great on the tarmac but need to pick it up on the gravel. Looking forward to the next! Thanks for putting this together!

Quite fun. @Ole Marius Myrvold did well by mixing up the Finnish and Monte Carlo stages, finding a setup presented quite the challenge for these! I went with a modified version of my Wales setup (a little bit more ride height, more ARB) and went easy on the Finnish stages, tearing up the roads in Southern france in return. I still suck on the Greek stages, but I feel like I am improving there too. Managed to run the whole thing without major incidents except for the downhill 90 degree left in Wales that always gets me. Got very tight times wise towards the end with tigermilk and someone else whose nick I can't remember always threatening from like two seconds behind. Managed to put distance between us on home ground though. Still a tarmac guy after all :)

Grats to all who finished and thanks for organising the event!

P.S.: As to the why people put in their times late: I myself wanted to buy the car in career mode and get the advanced setup before running the event so I had to play some career mode beforehand and I don't have much time when it's not a weekend day, so I ran today. The top guys may be practicing the exact stages, but you can definitely get a top 10 just by warming yourself up a bit in career mode and driving consistently.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back