1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Featured R3E: Nordschleife WTCC preview videos from Simracing EXPO

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by T. Userli, Sep 21, 2015.

1. The Simracing EXPO has been a playground for previews last weekend and I would like to contribute two videos showcasing the Nürburgring Nordschleife for RaceRoom Racing Experience.

Earlier today Yuri already published a world first video for Stock Car Extreme's Rallycross and I had the chance to drive a few laps around the legendary Nordschleife, built by Sector 3 Studios for R3E.

Enjoy.

• Like Like x 9
  2. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    Sim Racing News Editor Staff Premium Member

Awesome Tarik, good post fella :D
    Is it as much fun as it looks?

3. I had all the time a big smile in my face.
    Track look good but need a lot of time before its final.

At "Brünnchen" there is no vegetation outside the track and at some spots i miss tarmac rubbing but give them time and they do there best.

• Beer Beer x 1
  4. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

To be honest I’m actually stunned how far on its come already.. I didn’t expect it to be anywhere near close at this stage, so seeing your footage is a real nice bonus.. thanks again for uploading matey, appreciated :):thumbsup:
    Sooo, how far completed would you say it is, 50% / 60% etc? Looking at the video's I'm becoming quite optimistic for a 2015 release with a bit of luck..... fingers crossed anyway

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  5. No. Not this year, my opinion. Maybe 60% tarmac, 60-70% vegetation.

But maybe im wrong and xmas is a good time to release.

But what i can say is that the openwheeler looks close finish.

6. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Really? Oh nice.... did you get a chance to drive that too? Sounds like it was a sweet day out :cool:

7. Yes rly. NO i havent driven because i had no more time. My buddy had bother me "heyyyy lets go outside blancpain series Start" yes...I follow him

Yes it was a good Day, jay Ekkel is a taff guy and you realize that he coresponse with his ccommunity and listen to us and our opinion.

Great meeting and a nice chance for a unknown dude like me to driving the most wanted track in r3e ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Sounds like a great day mate, glad you enjoyed it all :)
    We don't get stuff like that a Donington sadly, best we had was a fella with a G25 running a mod version of Donington Park on rF1!!!!

Cheers

9. Thanks for posting the videos!

The Sector 3 guys do seem to be top fellas too

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Jay Ekkel

Jay Ekkel
    Kylotonn Games

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Talking about Nordschleife, in which corner or section crashed Lauda in 1976?

12. monsieurjackb

monsieurjackb
    Premium Member

That must be one beast of a computer to run R3e so smoothly whilst looking so nice. That's the only thing that's poor about r3e really, it's optimisation. That being said, I cannot wait for the Nordschleife! optimised or not, it will be great :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Jyri Kettunen

Jyri Kettunen
    @ Simberia @Simberia

Second video at 0:28.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Little bit disapointed about my buddy. I have ask him that he record a full lap with wtcc and later the openwheeler. Arrrggggg

Now my chance is gone :(

15. The only thing in r3e is the shadows. They are the most fps Killer. Turn down/off and you have 60fps.

Maybe the shadows need a complete renew to improve the Performance but im not a dev so its just a opinion and not a fact.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. monsieurjackb

monsieurjackb
    Premium Member

Ah right thanks :) , I think they are as low as they go for me but I'll have another look. To be fair though, all games have these graphical quirks

17. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright
    I'm just here for the snacks Premium Member

@T. Userli thanks a lot for capturing this footage and sharing it with us! Very awesome. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Im surprised how the reaction is. But now i know why im tapped 'record' on my Phone ;)

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  19. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Could not agree more matey, I run almost everything maxed and get an easy, solid 60fps but as soon as I have even a little shadow on it kills it totally...
    Would highly recommend dropping shadows (which is a pity as the look sweet) and that will help most people I'm sure...

By the way... over 1200 views.. not a bad post mate, well done :):thumbsup:

20. Ok, youre right. I mean turn off :)

Oh yes now 1440 views but im not a "Like" or "click" bitch......fap fap fap fap fap fap :D :D

• Haha Haha x 2