• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

R3E: Nordschleife WTCC preview videos from Simracing EXPO

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by T. Userli, Sep 21, 2015.

1. T. Userli

T. Userli

Ratings:
    +46
    The Simracing EXPO has been a playground for previews last weekend and I would like to contribute two videos showcasing the Nürburgring Nordschleife for RaceRoom Racing Experience.

Earlier today Yuri already published a world first video for Stock Car Extreme's Rallycross and I had the chance to drive a few laps around the legendary Nordschleife, built by Sector 3 Studios for R3E.

Enjoy.

• Like Like x 9
  2. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +12,413
    Awesome Tarik, good post fella :D
    Is it as much fun as it looks?

3. T. Userli

T. Userli

Ratings:
    +46
    I had all the time a big smile in my face.
    Track look good but need a lot of time before its final.

At "Brünnchen" there is no vegetation outside the track and at some spots i miss tarmac rubbing but give them time and they do there best.

• Beer Beer x 1
  4. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Ratings:
    +12,413
    To be honest I’m actually stunned how far on its come already.. I didn’t expect it to be anywhere near close at this stage, so seeing your footage is a real nice bonus.. thanks again for uploading matey, appreciated :):thumbsup:
    Sooo, how far completed would you say it is, 50% / 60% etc? Looking at the video's I'm becoming quite optimistic for a 2015 release with a bit of luck..... fingers crossed anyway

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  5. T. Userli

T. Userli

Ratings:
    +46
    No. Not this year, my opinion. Maybe 60% tarmac, 60-70% vegetation.

But maybe im wrong and xmas is a good time to release.

But what i can say is that the openwheeler looks close finish.

6. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Ratings:
    +12,413
    Really? Oh nice.... did you get a chance to drive that too? Sounds like it was a sweet day out :cool:

7. T. Userli

T. Userli

Ratings:
    +46
    Yes rly. NO i havent driven because i had no more time. My buddy had bother me "heyyyy lets go outside blancpain series Start" yes...I follow him

Yes it was a good Day, jay Ekkel is a taff guy and you realize that he coresponse with his ccommunity and listen to us and our opinion.

Great meeting and a nice chance for a unknown dude like me to driving the most wanted track in r3e ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Ratings:
    +12,413
    Sounds like a great day mate, glad you enjoyed it all :)
    We don't get stuff like that a Donington sadly, best we had was a fella with a G25 running a mod version of Donington Park on rF1!!!!

Cheers

9. Travis

Travis

Ratings:
    +263
    Thanks for posting the videos!

The Sector 3 guys do seem to be top fellas too

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Jay Ekkel

Jay Ekkel
    ... Premium

Ratings:
    +813
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. formidable

formidable
    Banned

Ratings:
    +29
    Talking about Nordschleife, in which corner or section crashed Lauda in 1976?

12. monsieurjackb

monsieurjackb

Ratings:
    +194
    That must be one beast of a computer to run R3e so smoothly whilst looking so nice. That's the only thing that's poor about r3e really, it's optimisation. That being said, I cannot wait for the Nordschleife! optimised or not, it will be great :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Jyri Kettunen

Jyri Kettunen
    Banned

Ratings:
    +158
    Second video at 0:28.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. T. Userli

T. Userli

Ratings:
    +46
    Little bit disapointed about my buddy. I have ask him that he record a full lap with wtcc and later the openwheeler. Arrrggggg

Now my chance is gone :(

15. T. Userli

T. Userli

Ratings:
    +46
    The only thing in r3e is the shadows. They are the most fps Killer. Turn down/off and you have 60fps.

Maybe the shadows need a complete renew to improve the Performance but im not a dev so its just a opinion and not a fact.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. monsieurjackb

monsieurjackb

Ratings:
    +194
    Ah right thanks :) , I think they are as low as they go for me but I'll have another look. To be fair though, all games have these graphical quirks

17. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright
    I may not be fast, but I'm wide! Premium

Ratings:
    +1,629
    @T. Userli thanks a lot for capturing this footage and sharing it with us! Very awesome. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. T. Userli

T. Userli

Ratings:
    +46
    Im surprised how the reaction is. But now i know why im tapped 'record' on my Phone ;)

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  19. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Ratings:
    +12,413
    Could not agree more matey, I run almost everything maxed and get an easy, solid 60fps but as soon as I have even a little shadow on it kills it totally...
    Would highly recommend dropping shadows (which is a pity as the look sweet) and that will help most people I'm sure...

By the way... over 1200 views.. not a bad post mate, well done :):thumbsup:

20. T. Userli

T. Userli

Ratings:
    +46
    Ok, youre right. I mean turn off :)

Oh yes now 1440 views but im not a "Like" or "click" bitch......fap fap fap fap fap fap :D :D

• Haha Haha x 2