R3E Hotfix Release, Ongoing Issue With Multi-Race Lobbies Ongoing

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceRoom Hotfix Released 3.jpg

RaceRoom Racing Experience has been hotfix updated today, however a multiplayer issue regarding the double race format remains and is being investigated by Sector3 Studios.

Following on from the June update released just yesterday, Sector3 Studios have been forced to deploy another minor update to the game in an effort to reduce the extended loading times for the game introduced as part of the most recent build.

The new hotfix does appear to have rectified this issue, however Sector3 have advised that a problem regarding players finding themselves unable to continue into a second consecutive online multiplayer race in certain circumstances remains, and is being actively looked at by the developers.

The issue, applicable only to multi race online play, occurs when a player leaves a race session before the second event has begun. In this circumstance the remaining drivers can be presented with a blank screen and server admins forced to restart the event under a fresh server load.

As the problem is still ongoing Sector3 have advised server admins to avoid the use of multi race formats for the time being.

Hotfix (30.6.17) Update Notes
  • Fixed issue with long loading times.
  • Known issue: If a player leaves in race 1, other players will end up in black screen after session switch into race 2. We are investigating the problem but in the meantime we suggest you avoid multi format races if possible.

RaceRoom Racing Experience is a free to play simulation exclusive to PC with additional content available to purchase via the in game RaceRoom Store.

RaceRoom Hotfix Released 2.jpg
RaceRoom Hotfix Released.jpg
RaceRoom Hotfix Released 4.jpg

Check out the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussions with regards to the simulation. Take part in our awesome Racing Club, download a setup or just hang out and chat about the game with your fellow fans of the title. It’s all here at RaceDepartment.com!

Have loading times improved for you post hotfix update? Have you experienced the online multi race crashing issue? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I actually don't mind that it's not moddible, the content quality is good and consistent. AC and AMS are getting too many simple ports - more is not always better. Yes, I could avoid, but curiosity causes wasted time. New users may also be put-off by lack of quality and troubles with bugging content. My $.02, I realize some won't agree with me.
In addition, R3E has more content than I have time to race.

protonv5

@Simberia
Actually, I've tried for many hours even enjoying this sim in any way, shape or form. Unfortunately, the AI are so ridiculously terrible that in it's current state, the "SIM" is utterly useless. Constant shoving, wrecking and slamming into you in corners etc. This has been going on for a very long time. Utterly undriveable in it's current state. But hey, there's plenty of DLC to buy.

Nice try, but I think we can safely say that's never going to happen. Also, the game is free so they've never sold a single copy. ;)
Its same thing man ,
Sell games , cars , tracks , your splitting hairs ,
If you get for example ten times more people playing the game , these people will buy more of the DLC , that they offer , same thing , give modding support which is free , and sell more stuff :)

James Cook

Marcas fan
All I want is custom liveries, even if that means buying custom livery slots for each car. Aside from that I'm not bothered about the lack of modability. Keeps the quality uniform and the standard high.

Well, some mods may come. For one, it seems like custom liveries might perhaps be possible in the future from what I've heard so far.
I've never really considered skins to be mods since they're just paint jobs and don't really change gameplay in any meaningful way. Maybe that's just me though.

Its same thing man ,
Sell games , cars , tracks , your splitting hairs ,
If you get for example ten times more people playing the game , these people will buy more of the DLC , that they offer , same thing , give modding support which is free , and sell more stuff :)

It's called a "joke". :)

But as I said, modded content is very, very unlikely to come to R3E. The game and it's sales model have been designed around not having modded content, as have the online elements of the sim. And you know what? I like it that way and hope they never allow mods. As William said above, so many mods are just pure garbage and can't hold a candle to official content, so I'm glad that R3E is a sim that remains "pure". There are already plenty of sims out there that allow mods, so in my opinion R3E should remain as it is.

I've never really considered skins to be mods since they're just paint jobs and don't really change gameplay in any meaningful way. Maybe that's just me though.

It's called a "joke". :)

But as I said, modded content is very, very unlikely to come to R3E. The game and it's sales model have been designed around not having modded content, as have the online elements of the sim. And you know what? I like it that way and hope they never allow mods. As William said above, so many mods are just pure garbage and can't hold a candle to official content, so I'm glad that R3E is a sim that remains "pure". There are already plenty of sims out there that allow mods, so in my opinion R3E should remain as it is.
Depends whos making the mods though ;)

Depends whos making the mods though ;)
True. Don't get me wrong, there are some amazing mods out there. Some of the mod cars for AC are just as good as official content, and the track mega-pack for AMS is an absolute must have. Unfortunately there are even more awful conversions and alpha mods that never get updated. Maybe I just have less patience for wasting my time these days? :whistling:

R

ronniej

• ronniej

These guys seem to break more than they can fix.....?
Maybe I just have less patience for wasting my time these days? :whistling:
This is exactly how I feel about R3E.
I'm glad that R3E is a sim that remains "pure".
I understand that opinions are subjective, but no Ross...Just no.

Seriously though, I read on a forum that GT3 cars on Zolder track were being compared between Pcars and R3E and it was said that Pcars was better with realism and the AI was more realistic, so of course I had to try it as they were talking about "suspension lift" on the crests of the hills and vehicle behaviour etc. and I have to admit, Pcars was surprising and I actually couldn't believe it...Everyone who thinks R3E is better than Pcars should check it out.

It went on of course to talk about how R3E doesn't have tire pressure, feels "generic" and so on.....But, I never did care for the sales model of R3E, as its just a microtransaction scheme as far as I'm concerned, sure they changed a bit and allowed "packages" to be sold but I haven't noticed the core game as far as physics getting improved since I was introduced and would have liked to see improvements such as offline mode, triple monitor support, tyre model, etc. However, they manage to implement VR as it would attract more content buyers along with cars and tracks, but seem to break most everything else lol. Why did they mess with the AI? It was right behind RF2 in the beginning. Now it's something different entirely.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andy_J

I hate Race cheats ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I really love RRE. It has come on leaps and bounds since we first started racing it here in the RRE club. It really has. But I agree with others that state the AI needs a lot work. You really struggle to have a clean race against the AI now. So for me, Sector 3, please give the DLC a break for a wee while and sort out the AI and make this sim even better.............please. :thumbsup:

Kenny Paton

Staff
Premium
but they haven't improved the core game as far as physics

It has come on leaps and bounds since we first started racing it here in the RRE club. It really has.
Completely agree with Andy's post. The difference between the older physics and the updated ones is night and day.
And yes impressions are subjective but the game has not stood still and your assertion that the Devs have not implemented anything the community has asked for is demonstratedly false.

R3E would need to lower the price of their cars and tracks to compare with the 'true' cost of other sims.
The base game may be 'free' to download, but relative to others, once content is purchased it's much, much more expensive.
It's not 'stupid' expensive as IRacing but it's way more than anything else currently.
Where Kunos Simulazioni may come out with a car pack for say...$6.99 USD with multiple cars and tracks, R3E may charge say $3.99 USD for one car or $4.99 USD for one track.
Despite the base cost of AC vs no cost for RRE2...well you can see how much more they're re-couping overall.
It's a good way to make a lot of money.
The customer feel like they're getting something for free, when in actuality they're paying almost twice.
It's a smart strategy and I have no problem with a company making money.
I'd just prefer the overall price to be closer compared to other good sims out there.
They'll never allow mods for the stated reason.
It'd cut into that profit margin.

Last edited:
R

ronniej

• ronniej

Completely agree with Andy's post. The difference between the older physics and the updated ones is night and day.
And yes impressions are subjective but the game has not stood still and your assertion that the Devs have not implemented anything the community has asked for is demonstratedly false.
To be fair, I was introduced to the game around Mar 2015 and I didn't notice any big changes since then so I can't speak for anything prior to that, ( I think I heard something about the GT3 cars getting updated physics at the time) I can't imagine what it would've been like before....However, I did notice since the W10 Anniversary Update 1607 last summer that the game has had more issues than before with stuttering and "503" server errors (it's when I dropped out basically)

And Kenny, I'm sure that they have introduced a feature that people were asking for (VR, flags) but I remember that triple monitor support and offline mode were always bitched about in the forums (Sector 3 ) but if you want to call me out for that then....I'll edit it for accuracy.. If the game floats ur boat, that's all that should matter. For me, I'm not impressed and it ain't worth my time anymore.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 77 18.8%
  • €151-500

Votes: 115 28.1%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 65 15.9%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 36 8.8%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 40 9.8%
  • €3001-5000