R3E: DTM 2015 Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
21710519584_2187bbf911_b.jpg

Following on from Tuesday’s major update to RaceRoom Racing Experience, Sector 3 Studios have today made available the latest installment to the exclusive DTM franchise, DTM Experience 2015. The content is available to purchase in store now.

The latest release is the third installment of this popular series expansion, featuring all the cars tracks and rules and regulations of the German championship, including DRS and the dual race format.

This release also contains a new feature to R3E, tyre dirt and gravel pickup. If you find yourself off track the game will simulate tyre dirt pickup (simulating a lack of grip and a sound effect of stones and gravel against the underside of your car) for a few corners until your tyres clean themselves back up again. At present this feature is only available in the DTM 2015 pack but is expected to be rolled out across the wider game in future releases.

With the latest patch delivered Tuesday the exclusivity of DTM 2014 has lapsed and now all cars from that experience are available to use across all tracks within the simulator. DTM cars around Mount Panorama anyone?

GTR3 class additions of the Ford GT40, Nissan GTR and Pors-... RUF GTR3 are not yet available to purchase in store but do appear as opponents in game.

With the growing number of GT3 cars in game, RaceRoom Racing Experience is fast becoming the go to game for those with a desire to drive big and loud GT racing cars across some of the world’s finest circuits.

Have you tried the new DTM update, if so, what are your thoughts on the latest edition to the sim? Leave your opinions in the comments section below!

Last edited:
So help me out, I own all the tracks in the new pack as well as the 2014 cars so what exactly am I getting with the 2015 pack? Seems like I'd be paying twice for the same content. What am I missing?
You will get a discount for the tracks...I have 2013 and the 2015 is shown as 1150vrp in the Store section of the portal....the cars are 350 each so its not a bad deal for the championship features etc. I may just buy a car to check it out, as I don't usually have time to run the full Championship series.
Try a test drive and see what the diff between 2014 is.

Is there any way to make the ai more 'racey'. Seems like races always end up as a procession. Also is it me or is it that the slightest tap off the ai and you spin off yet the ai doesn't?

I have the same experience racing AI in RRRE.

About the player spinning out and AI not when contact occurs I have read various reasons/explanations from posters saying it is either deliberate design decision by S3 to give AI a chance against human player, or AI was coded to be on rails, or S3 uses a simple code for AI physics so hitting them does not affect them. Not sure what to believe....but it would be nice fixed these issues.
:)

Is there any way to make the ai more 'racey'. Seems like races always end up as a procession. Also is it me or is it that the slightest tap off the ai and you spin off yet the ai doesn't?

I have the same experience racing AI in RRRE.

About the player spinning out and AI not when contact occurs I have read various reasons/explanations from posters saying it is either deliberate design decision by S3 to give AI a chance against human player, or AI was coded to be on rails, or S3 uses a simple code for AI physics so hitting them does not affect them. Not sure what to believe....but it would be nice fixed these issues.
:)
I agree, I have actually rammed the AI at a decent speed to test their code, only to see them barely do a half spin and continue on up the track, while I sit embedded in the sand or crunched against the wall,:(.
And if they get into the side or rear of you it's the same result, Ive found aggressive exchanges with the AI usually ends with me off track watching them disappear into the distance:rolleyes:.

I get the impression the AI are like this so it's a greater challenge to race them, the adaptive AI are the best challenge IMO. I keep away from the AI as much as possible now, which has taught me to be patient and pick my spots when passing, not that it happens much, it's more them passing me :laugh:

Here's hoping the AI get tweaked so their more vulnerable to making mistakes like having a spin, out braking themselves or missing the odd apex or gear change, a bit like we humans do! :whistling: instead of the near perfection that normally unfolds :alien::alien::alien:

Cheers

I agree, I have actually rammed the AI at a decent speed to test their code, only to see them barely do a half spin and continue on up the track, while I sit embedded in the sand or crunched against the wall,:(.
And if they get into the side or rear of you it's the same result, Ive found aggressive exchanges with the AI usually ends with me off track watching them disappear into the distance:rolleyes:.

I get the impression the AI are like this so it's a greater challenge to race them, the adaptive AI are the best challenge IMO. I keep away from the AI as much as possible now, which has taught me to be patient and pick my spots when passing, not that it happens much, it's more them passing me :laugh:

Here's hoping the AI get tweaked so their more vulnerable to making mistakes like having a spin, out braking themselves or missing the odd apex or gear change, a bit like we humans do! :whistling: instead of the near perfection that normally unfolds :alien::alien::alien:

Cheers

This should be the one issue they sort out asap. You need to have realistic ai that behaves like humans do or what is the point.?

This should be the one issue they sort out asap. You need to have realistic ai that behaves like humans do or what is the point.?
Agreed,
I think S3 know already that the AI needs work, but how much work do you put in?
Most devs look to make the AI adjustable in aggression level, but not in racecraft, I'd imagine it would be a pretty daunting task to code the AI to behave the way we humans do, I mean, how do you allow for "Road/Race-rage" :roflmao:
But seriously it would be a huge task, one I don't think many devs are prepared to invest 100's of hours developing in great detail.......sadly.

"This release also contains a new feature to R3E, tyre dirt and gravel pickup. If you find yourself off track the game will simulate tyre dirt pickup (simulating a lack of grip and a sound effect of stones and gravel against the underside of your car) for a few corners until your tyres clean themselves back up again. At present this feature is only available in the DTM 2015 pack but is expected to be rolled out across the wider game in future releases."

When I was checking out the changes on 10/22, the Dirt and Gravel pick up sounds were playing for the GT3 cars, M1 Procar, and Sihlouette. I didn't do any intensive testing to see if it was affecting grip, or if it was being applied to older car/physics combos, but it definitely seems like it isn't restricted to just the DTM 2015's.

Can the DTM 2015 cars be used outside the experience? I noticed they were for sale separately and I don't remember this option for the 2014 cars...it was all or nothing for the DTM 2014 stuff. Speaking of DTM 2014 cars, are they unlocked outside the experience?

Thanks.

In most cases I get away with nasty behavior. The trick is to still have some spare grip when you hit the AI. You can easily trade paint or use them as "bonus brakes" (which you should not do), stay on track and even get them into a bit of trouble (which you should also not do). You will spin if you are either way to fast and already on the limits of your grip or if you are locking your breaks and therefore not having grip.

It also depends a bit on the car / class you use. It seems the new tire model makes avoiding disasters a bit easier. With the old tire model it was quite tricky to catch the modern DTM cars once stuff started to go wrong. The DTM 92, WTCC and (to a certain degree) GT3 stuff allows for some very nasty driving.

@bug2342
But even nudging the AI in the rear at low speed has me spinning, it's as if the rear of the car lifts off the tarmac on contact and before you know whats what the momentum carries it around and you spin.
It's ridiculous, because if they hit me from behind at low speed entering a corner or whatever, I'm the one who ends up off track or facing the wrong way.

@bug2342
But even nudging the AI in the rear at low speed has me spinning, it's as if the rear of the car lifts off the tarmac on contact and before you know whats what the momentum carries it around and you spin.
It's ridiculous, because if they hit me from behind at low speed entering a corner or whatever, I'm the one who ends up off track or facing the wrong way.
and we all know how good insaneozzy is at catching slides:p.

hows your back doing?

@bug2342
It's things like this that are keeping me from playing this game.... There is something inherently wrong with this game and the physics.....

It's things like this that are keeping me from playing this game.... There is something inherently wrong with this game and the physics.....
if you like hitting other cars then just avoid the ones that act funny, that's the brilliance of raceroom only buy what you want and you get to test everything. the dtm92 cars and wtcc cars can lean on each other for laps without any strange behaviors.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back