1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

R&D problem

Discussion in 'F1 2011 - The Game' started by STiRacer305, Sep 14, 2012.

1. I'm playing on a ps3 with the latest patch and every time I do a R&D session I pass the test and it says complete. Then when I go to qualifying I didn't get the upgrade and in the calendar it says I failed. Is it because on fp3 I'm not at the top of the list even though I am in the other 2 sessions? I still beat the time I have to set by almighty 2 seconds. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

2. Gavin Hendley

Gavin Hendley
    Meta-SIM-morphosing

Do you go back to garage after you beat the time?

3. Yeah. Then I fast forward the time cause the car is set up to my liking and let the session end that way.

4. Again it does it. :( I don't get it at all. I passed all session tests and finished 1st, 2nd, and 11th and let the time expire. If not being first on every session is causing me to fail then this game's r&d is a failure. :(

5. And do you accept the target? Its not only to go out and drive better than the target, you must to go to the objective, to klick on it and then will go out automaticaly...and will accept your time.

6. Yeah I accept it and in the garage menu is says completed after I do it.

7. Third time in a row I have completed the r&d session and failed for no reason. I even finished 1st in fp1 and 2 and finished 6th in fp3. Playing on legend and in the force India so I'm at a loss for why it says I fail. The hell with it I guess. If I'm that far up the charts without it then I guess I dont need it ;)

8. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly
    A bad quali means I can go forwards in the race.

Thats frustrating though, cant say its happened to me.
    Maybe try "retire to paddock" just in case it beats the bug

9. Good idea. Didn't think of that. I'll report if it works after Japanese gp.

10. I didn't get another r&d session for the last 4 races cause I signed with sauber I'm guessing. At Melbourne I had a R&D session, accepted it and did the time and screwed around a bit getting used to the car and retired to the paddock. I dont know if it was because i retired and not let the time expire like the other times or if it was a bug with FI but its working now :D