Quick question and DD wheel profile request

a few questions please for those who may know.

1. The loading time, I mean the initial one, from clicking play raceroom in steam with the little raceroom loading screen, until you see the "press any button to continue" message, is insanely slow, 2-5 minutes just to get to the menus. Is this the experience everyone else has or I have a configuration issues,maybe related to networking? (loading is loading, so presuambly the difference between the slow 2 minute versus slow 5 minute load is networking looping somewhere? I doubt its hardware I can get into ACC/AMS2 etc within seconds?
(Samsung970Pro SSD, 9900kf, 2080ti, 64gb ddr4 @3600).
1614460977499.png

2. can anyone with the exact wheel hardware, DD1, pedals V3, shifter SQ 1.5 please share a profile that they feel gives good feedback. There was a time i got to a happy place with ffb in this game, and my old profile tooks ages to tinker with to get a good feel, but something has changed I guess since the last time i bothered booting this up as tat profile now feels like "grinding" (i got concerned my base was broken). Resetting to a new default got rid of the "grinding" but now there is near no weight, like drving a bicycle, I bound the funky switch to increase/decrease FFB and with the 650s at Spa I had to crank it up to 2.7X to feel similar to ACC.

Here is the fanalabs default profile I am using (and pretty sure it the same as it was before)
1614460672898.png

on 2.7X here is a clip of the ffb graph, left is coming off the curbs, looks like I am VERY far away being anywhere close to what the wheel should be giving me?
1614460887496.png

1. The loading time, I mean the initial one, from clicking play raceroom in steam with the little raceroom loading screen, until you see the "press any button to continue" message, is insanely slow, 2-5 minutes just to get to the menus. Is this the experience everyone else

It's about the same for me (approx 5 mins) and seems to now take longer since the last update.

Last edited:
The loading time, I mean the initial one, from clicking play raceroom in steam with the little raceroom loading screen, until you see the "press any button to continue" message, is insanely slow, 2-5 minutes just to get to the menus.
This often is due to poor communication with the R3E servers. It often happens around a patch due to the extra demand being placed on them, but occasionally happens at other times too. I haven't noticed any issues recently, when were you trying to start the sim?

it varies from day to day, at best 2 minutes at worst it never loads and I just kill it from task manager and play something else, "mostly" around the 3-5 minute mark, infrequently it will just stay there, for(ever?) minutes. I forget that I was loading it because I got bored, started browsing the web or something while waiting for it, lost the little window and maybe started another game. After quiting the other game, come back and find it still just sitting there.

Wthin today I have had to restart it multiple times while running the gambit of the triple screen startup options, before figuring out how to start up to the new webui to start again on my triple setups ;) Id say average today is the 2-3 minute mark for that loading screen.

Last edited:
In answer to myself, on the poor FFB, I "fixed" my new default by peeking at the original I used to like and playing spot the difference.

The "slip effect" slider was causing the "grinding", even on 1% the effect is pronounced, like the steering column is filled with sand. BUT, the slip effect in the game needs help.. I traded off by doing a thing I usually never do on my DD1 for game, set a minimum force.. wierd, but, now I can feel the slip without it feeling "grindy"

The culprit for weak feedback was quite obvious afterall, steering force intensity. its defaulted to 50, returning it to100% fixed the weak sauce, now most cars can be on an 0.9-1.2X multiplier again.

If anyone else runs into it, this is what I ended up with. FFB is subjective, and the minimum force definately adds some oscillation but its "better" for me so far.

HTH someone else.
1614469101775.png

1614469141956.png

1614469235408.png

Last edited:
Hmm, those loading times are a strange issue. We had a club race with 20+ drivers tonight and nobody complained about excessive load times. For me personally that initial little loading box disappears after less than 20 seconds most of the time.

Where in the world are you located, and are you on wired or wireless?

Sydney Australia,

1614467672181.png

and pasting in the reply from the OP this got moved from, seems I am not alone with this issue.
If it is netcode related then hopefully devs can bypass netcode in the loader, (or make it synchronous) for those if us that just want to hop in for a quick AI race.
1614467748761.png

Last edited:
OK, so its definately net code. It hung for such a long time this load (4 minutes +) that windows actually thinks its broken, but, in that time there is 0MB/s disk activity so its not actually loading the game until it finished its networks issues, and a perpetual 0 ~ 0.3mbps network activity.
1614468663955.png

It's not just DD wheels. I also have noticed strange sensations in some cars when Slip Effect is above say 5% on a G29. Seems this feature is not compatible with the new 4.1 tyre model, so I would suggest turning it off for now.

• Deleted member 197115

It's true that FFB is smoother with slip effect at 0%.
But also less informative in my opinion.

Playing the game with a DD1 and using values around 10%.
There is no road effect or locking brakes shudder with Slip at 0%, small amount like 3% has just enough without overbeating constant judder on SC2.
Somehow FFB feels different recently, lots of oscillation and seesaw effect from suspension bouncing, also at higher slip angle FFB strength just drops abruptly, feels very artificial and unsettling. :unsure:
Not sure what happened, using same profile, tried new default SC2 Pro and SC2 Pro Alex, same thing.

OK, so its definately net code. It hung for such a long time this load (4 minutes +) that windows actually thinks its broken, but, in that time there is 0MB/s disk activity so its not actually loading the game until it finished its networks issues, and a perpetual 0 ~ 0.3mbps network activity.
View attachment 449517
I'm having the same problems with exorbitant game load times with RaceRoom. It's to the point that I can't even be bothered loading the game. It takes over 133 seconds to get to the main menu, then another 80 secs to load the level. The game hangs for over 2minutes with a 'Not Responding' in the task manager.
I have zero replay videos and I have removed the duplicate RaceRoomInstall folders from the user data folder and reinstalled the game from scratch.
I've attached my Game Load test times spreadsheet.
There is clearly something wrong with Raceroom.

Attachments

• DriveGameLoadTimes.jpg
    DriveGameLoadTimes.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements