F1 2011 Questions from a driver learning no assist racing

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
I'm a returning driver to F1 2011 on the Xbox 360 but this time around I'm looking to try and learn and practice no assist racing.

One problem I am constantly facing is every time I just press my Microsoft wireless pedals the wheels just Instantly lock up. Is there any way of correcting this, either in game settings or driving style.

Also with the microsoft wheel it seems that my steering input isn't lining up with what the in game wheel is displaying, I.e. if I turn the Microsoft wheel 90 degrees left from its horizontal position the in game wheel is actually showing something like 110 degrees left. Will this be an issue for my corner entry etc and if so is there a way of getting a 1:1 steering ratio?

With regards to learning new tracks and location of corners and braking points etc is it a good idea to run a few laps with the breaking line on to learn this information or do people here use a different method of learning a new track.

Thank you in advance

When I was learning to race without the line I would do a couple of laps with the racing line on and whenever I was approaching a corner I would pause it just as the line started changing from green to yellow/red and go to instant replay and look for the nearest best marker.

Don't know if that sounds daft or not but it worked for me :)

When I was learning to race without the line I would do a couple of laps with the racing line on and whenever I was approaching a corner I would pause it just as the line started changing from green to yellow/red and go to instant replay and look for the nearest best marker.

Don't know if that sounds daft or not but it worked for me :)

That's actually how I did it as well. I had a DFGT wheel before I bought a T500, so I couldn't (literally, my hands are too big °_°) drive with manual gears. Disabling the auto gearbox and driving 10-15 laps with the racing line on really helped. I still needed to learn how to shift properly but that didn't take very long and now, 6 months later, it's actually weird to play with an automatic gearbox. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back