Questions about installing Power & Glory mod

I'm trying to figure out the best way to install a "stand-alone" version of the Power & Glory mod on my PC. I have GTR2 already installed with the Anniversary patch as well as multiple mods. I don't want to corrupt or lose anything in that install so I want to create a separate install for the Power & Glory mod. Any idea how I can do that? If it requires a clean install of GTR2, what's the best way to do a 2nd install without interfering with the modded version I have? Where should I place the new install on my PC? Is the Anniversary patch required for P & G?
Thank You.

Easy peasy

Just copy&paste any GTR2/P&G folder to anywhere you like to create a standalone folder

I have so many dedicated gtr2 folders and I put them all in G:\Games\

You might need to set gtr2config.exe to run as admin but that's about it

Last edited:
As Shovas says, Just move your current install to somewhere else. Then in Steam right, click on the Game and verify the files. Steam will then offer to reinstall the game for you. Then copy this fresh version, paste it somewhere else, and name the folder Power&Glory, so you know what it is. And install P&G.
I leave the Steam version of the game standard so I can copy it at any time to test out any new mods I find, And if they are not to my liking, I can just delete the copy and start again.

Thank You. I forgot to mention that I have the CD version of GTR2.
So to clarify, do I just copy the entire GTR2 existing folder and place it somewhere else and then install the P&G mod to the new location or should I make a completely new install (from the disc) at a different location and rename it P&G?

Last edited:
If you are using the option for a separate install (the best way) it doesn't matter much whether your GTR2 is a clean install or heavily modified. P&G creates a new folder, copies all the default GTR2 files it needs to that, then installs its own files.

If you are using the option for a separate install (the best way) it doesn't matter much whether your GTR2 is a clean install or heavily modified. P&G creates a new folder, copies all the default GTR2 files it needs to that, then installs its own files.
Thank You. I got it installed. Works great!!

Easy peasy

Just copy&paste any GTR2/P&G folder to anywhere you like to create a standalone folder

I have so many dedicated gtr2 folders and I put them all in G:\Games\

You might need to set gtr2config.exe to run as admin but that's about it
Help, please! I am trying to install P&G but I have a problem. During the install it goes all the way to the end, then I get an #ERR message saying it cannot read a OneDrive file then the installation comes to a grinding halt. I am at a loss. Any ideas? Thanks.

Help, please! I am trying to install P&G but I have a problem. During the install it goes all the way to the end, then I get an #ERR message saying it cannot read a OneDrive file then the installation comes to a grinding halt. I am at a loss. Any ideas? Thanks.
A OneDrive file? Did you try to run it inside a OneDrive folder?

@GTR233 any ideas?

Not sure what "One Drive" is, but just download the installer and run it; works in everything from XP to W11. But do not install to/from any "Program Files" folders.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 13 13.5%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 10 10.4%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 10 10.4%
  • Thursday

Votes: 12 12.5%
  • Friday

Votes: 37 38.5%
  • Saturday

Votes: 52 54.2%