Questions About DAMPluginfor rF2 and MoTEC

Just installed the MoTEC software and the DAMPlugin for rF2. I think that it's working because I hear "Logging started" (or similar) when clicking "Race" in rF2.

So how exactly do I use this software? How do I get Motec to "see" the replay file generated by rF2 and where exactly do I find the MoTEC data log file that corresponds with that replay? Basically, I want things to function like in this video. Can anyone help me out with this?

Thanks!
Bert

Last edited:
I figured out how to capture the lap data and load it into MoTEC - not that I understand how to interpret it all.... But I can't figure out how to load video of the lap into MoTEC. :( It appears that MoTEC doesn't read .vcr files....

Can anyone help with that?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hey
motec can't read vcr. - files... It's actually got nothing to do with it.
It's pure data surveillance and inspection and interpretation.
Cheers Dan
Hi Dan,
So do you have any idea how to achieve what's being demonstrated in that video? I guess that the .vcr file would have to be somehow converted to ,mp4 or similar? In another Youtube video, it's mentioned that the MoTEC Pro 2 software includes a capability called "synchronized video". I think that running onboard video synchronized next to MoTEC would be extremely insightful.

Hi Dan,
So do you have any idea how to achieve what's being demonstrated in that video? I guess that the .vcr file would have to be somehow converted to ,mp4 or similar? In another Youtube video, it's mentioned that the MoTEC Pro 2 software includes a capability called "synchronized video". I think that running onboard video synchronized next to MoTEC would be extremely insightful.

If it's possible we will find out!!

Would be very helpful yes

Can someone explain how to record onboard video of rF2 as being used in this video?

From what I can tell, the MoTEC software used in the video does not recognize .vcr rF2 replay files, so it appears that video for this purpose needs to be recorded in realtime into one of the standard video formats such as .mp4.

Does anyone how that can be done, or how to convert an existing .vcr file into something like .mp4?

Thanks.
Bert

replay or record live, use a tool called OBS Studio
Got OBS downloaded and working but only outside of MoTEC. I can't figure out how to run the saved video thru the "video" function within MoTEC which would allow the video and logged data to run in sync. :( Can someone help with that?

Note: I'm saving the video file in .mov format which is compatible with MoTEC's video function, so the problem is not due to incompatible video format.

Thanks again!
Bert

There is a related discussion in MoteCs official forum.
My own guess is that this syncronize thing is not possible with the free version of i2.:sleep:

Problem with i2 and videos

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: Oh man if only Raceroom had a guy able to program a telemetry converter app from Racerooms temetry output to MoteC.:laugh:
Similiar to the guy responsible for rF2s nice solution.:thumbsup:
Hehe I would even pay him to create this app only for me if he didnt want to make it free for everybody.:D

replay or record live, use a tool called OBS Studio
So far, it's been my experience that the output from the OBS software only works with MoTEC sporadically. :( For those of you using this combo successfully could you share the video settings you're using for capture? (filetype/quality etc.)?

Otherwise is there any other video capturing software you could recommend trying?

Thanks,
Bert

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes