• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Question: What's the function of this handle? (Solved)

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by St3fan, Dec 6, 2016.

1. St3fan

St3fan

Ratings:
    +412
    EDIT: NVM something was wonky with my driver and now it shows that this thing controls throttle... Just ignore this thread

I just purchased a Logitech joystick to use it as a handbrake. Upon receiving the joystick, I notice there is this handle thing the back of the stick marked "+" and "-". There is a hex screw inside. If I turn the handle, the screw won't move. If I use a 3mm hex wrench to rotate the screw, the handle rotates with it. I'm wondering if this is normal? This this joystick defective? What's the function of this "+""-" handle?

I don't know where I should ask this question so I guess I'll post it here since I think quite a few people are also using this model of joystick as a handbrake.

Thanks in advance. Link to Amazon product page is: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00009OY9U

EDIT: Oops forgot to post pictures:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016