1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Question on tyres on GTR2

Discussion in 'GTR 2' started by seamount, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Hi, i bought GTR2 and I am enjoying it, at the moment i studied the best settings for the wheel and how to apply mods etc.

I have questions about tyres (sorry for my bad english):

- is there a place where i "select" the tyres to use in "qualify" and in the "race" or are there automatically selected by the game ?

- the circuit becomes faster (more grip) near the end of qualify session because of more “tyre rubber” on the track ? so if I make my "fast" at the end of the qualify session should I have more grip on the track ?
    - my tyres becomes more “grippy” after 2-4 laps in the qualify session or no difference ?
    I see that when i "start" a new championship i can define if the tyres degrade or not during the race; that parameter will manage the qualify session tyres too ?
    Last question: the "tyres" management is defined in the "engine" or could be changed in the mod by the modder ?

2. Lars Hansen

Lars Hansen
    RDs Ion-Engine....0-60 in six days. Staff Premium Member

Both. If you don't specify it, GTR2 will assign tires for you. Default is Medium on all four.
    But in the set-up screen, you can alter this before moving onto the track.
    You can also have several set-ups saved for each car/track combo, and load whichever you need.
    I usually have a race set-up, and a qualify set-up, with the qualifying one having higher camber, softer tires and less fuel.

Nope. Dynamic tracks isn't a part of GTR2, it doesn't change during a session.
    The temperatures might change from session to session, and if you're doing endurance racing, it'll also change over the race itself.
    But the track as such stays the same.

They do. It usually takes 3-4 laps for the tires to get up to working temperature.
    My qualifying set-up usually has 7 laps of fuel in it. Outlap, 3 laps to warm the tires, 2 fast laps, and an in-lap.

Yes. Tire-wear applies to all sessions of the championship.

Haven't a clue.
    Never did any modding, so... :)

3. Actually GTR2 does feature dynamic tracks. The track rubbers in over the race weekend. The grip difference over a qualifying session will be small. Only the original tracks have livetrack - add-on tracks don't.

Wear rates are defined in the tyre file, though how grip varies with wear is hard coded.

4. Lars Hansen

Lars Hansen
    RDs Ion-Engine....0-60 in six days. Staff Premium Member

Huh...
    Well, you learn something new every day. :)