1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Question in 3DsMax

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by LStone, Mar 30, 2009.

1. I am building my grandstands and for the most part all is well. The problem I am having is on the railing along the edge of the stands. I want each poly to be a separate poly so that each one has its own texture (railing). The problem I am having is when I try to apply the same texture to the next poly it is basically stetching the texture. How do I make each poly separate from the next. When I look at an ISI track in Simed I see where for there railings (polys) are a box with basically 4 ploys inside. Thanks in advance for any help guys.

2. Try adding a UVW mapping modifier & mess with the UVW settings as in the pic.
    Personally i like to do au Unwrap UVW map for the whole object so that all my textures are on one file.
    If you need a hand doing that, just holler & i will try to help as best i can.

Cheers

Attached Files:

• UVW.jpg
      UVW.jpg
      File size:
      146.4 KB
      Views:
  3. Thanks bud, will give it a try tonight.

4. Also one more question, it's been awhile since I've done it but how do you open your BTB made track in 3dsMax? I have the GMotor2Tools installed and I have done it before, it's just been awhile.

5. There a at least 2 ways how to export track from BTB to 3dsmax:
    1. Export to direct x. You will need direct x importer for max
    2. Export for rfactor in BTB. Open with 3dsimed and export as 3ds. Import into max.

cheers

6. 3. Export to rFactor, and import into Max with the import maxscript.

7. Thanks for the advice guys. Really a blast building these tracks.

8. Heres a little guide i put together a while ago for getting rfactor tracks into Max.

Cheers

Attached Files:

9. GMT2 Importer v0.94 by Zoli. Where exactly can I download this file?

Thanks

10. Only place I could find it was on RSC which is down, so have attached what I've got here.

Extract the file in the zip attached, into your 3dmax/Scripts/Startup folder. I think you need to have the ISI tools from rfactor.net/devcorner installed correctly first, including the Coreshaders.

Someone else might know 100%. Good luck.

Attached Files:

11. Thanks so much. I thought that is where I saw it at one time also. Again Thanks

12. I followed the steps on how to place it in Max, and way back when before I got my new machine I had it working....but for some reason now when I run the Maxscript and then hit the down arrow under utilities I don't get the GMT2importer. Any thoughts?

13. 3dsMax6. Thanks for the file.

14. I had installed one wrong. It works now, Thanks a bunch Eric for your help.