1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Question - How to create lights with Sketchup

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by adrian pozuelo ruiz, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Does anyone know how to create lights in sketchup?
    Or a pack of lights that isn't Track_Lights ?
    Tanks

2. Richard Hessels

Richard Hessels
    Premium Member

You can't. You can make the shapes and position the fake light textures.
    But you need a tool like 3Dsimed to actually make them work.

3. Shawdad

Shawdad
    PSN ID: Shawdad

4. You can get a poster of light like that of Abu Dhabi? I think it is too difficult for me, plus they do not know much English and use the google translator

5. Shawdad

Shawdad

You want me to create a light like the one on the left?

lights Abu Dhabi.jpg

6. If you can, yes. If you can't, the light on the right side of img

7. You can also create lights in a "basic" editor like Zmodeler.

8. Shawdad

Shawdad

Here is what I came up with. I tried to keep them as low polly as possible. I couldn't really find any good close up photos of them so I don't know how accurate they are. I'm working on the lighting properties now.

Attached Files:

9. WOW, I am very impressed! Thank you for you'r work!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

If you want to know the extent of the tower, download model in real size person. 3d warehouse...

10. Shawdad

Shawdad

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
  11. Shawdad

Shawdad

Your welcome! :D

12. Wen I test the track with any of the lights (your'se and default) on the night, the game crashes. Why?

13. Shawdad

Shawdad

Not Sure Adrian. I tested them in all the tracks I'm working on and haven't been able to get them to crash. I'm afraid I am useless with the technical side of things. :( Hopefully someone else here can help. Is there an error log that pops up?

14. Yes, when rFactor has loaded the track and the cars (the down bar is completed) the game crashes:mad::mad::mad:
    I hate it!!! It's a good game:thumbsup:, but to the minimum that touches something, crashes...:poop: