Question About VR

• Thread starter Deleted member 1234936
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1234936

• Deleted member 1234936

Hello Peeps,

With regards VR Usability, is it the same faff as triple screens ie setting up the cockpit view, I still can't get this perfect on triples. Or is it a case of put on the headset and your just set to go?

Thanx for reading

J

I got my HP Reverb G2 yesterday, I would say it does involve some effort getting it set right. I mainly play RF2, ACC, AC & Kartkraft + some RaceRoom and the experience is amazing but requires a lot of setup otherwise your positioning is not right and you want to get a smooth frame rate so I had to lower my settings a lot on my 2080ti

Upvote 0
VR usually can be got spot on but there's also more things to go wrong. Some of this will depend on which HMD you choose, the Reverb G2 for example is quite fussy about the light source in front of it, sometimes I find the head tracking a bit jumpy if I don't get things right on the monitor (it's only 23" away so provides the majority of the light for head tracking in my setup).

It's very important to have all the buttons for vr mapped so you can get your in car position right, I have recently bought a button box which I've mapped VR and FFB to in every sim I race in vr in. This made a big difference and I now find getting comfortable in the car much easier.

I'd say if you can get triples setup properly that they're probably less faff overall but offer nowhere near the same enjoyment to me. I now run a 35" wide-screen monitor for short sessions, when I need to be more aware or for general practice. For more focused practice and racing I switch to vr and usually within half a dozen laps I'll be quicker which is soon followed by extra consistency.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea