1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

question about tyres

Discussion in 'F1 2011 - The Game' started by sfx099, Oct 6, 2011.

1. When your in the garage and you choose your tires there are 2 circles with a number in the middle and a number on the left, after you drive on them a few laps the outside circle goes away and the inside one starts to go as well... what are the circles for? also I assume the number in the middle is the estimated laps you can go on that set of tyres, is that right? what is the number on the left?

2. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ...... mostly harmless Staff

I believe that the number and the outer ring correspond to the number of good 'hotlaps' that are in the tyre, someone described it as the 'supergrip' phase. I think the middle number includes those hotlaps, so they are not added together.

Someone is sure to correct me if I am wrong ......

Cheers

3. I didn't go into game to double check this but I believe the number on the left says how much the tyre will degrade per lap. I thought the number on the middle was how worn the tire was (going from a high number to low number) not the number of laps it has left. I could be wrong though as I said I didn't go into game to check.

4. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ...... mostly harmless Staff