1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Question About The Fanatec CSW.

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by thomascats, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Hello,
    I want to by the Fanatec CSW Wheel with formula rim in the next three months.
    I have a PC, But also a Xbox360, So, the wheel in not compatible with it.
    There is any chance that it would work. - I do not care about the display and the leds, just the Axes.

Thanks,
    Thomas.

2. Xbox 360 will never work you want the elite if so. However 360 is a dying console. New version of it and ps4 will be announced this year

3. Thanks for the replay.
    There is a chance that the new platform will support?
    What prevent from the Xbox support the well?

Thanks.

4. Xbox 360 use a XID interface I believe. and PS3 HID. XID work with more canned ffb effects.
    I believe you need a chip to make it compatible and also pay some license fee to Microsoft.

I have no clue about how MS will go about it with the next version. Always a chance until proven otherwise. I am not to impressed with Forza nor GT and I doubt they will ever go for a more hardcore approach so personally I don´t care much about them :).

5. If we're lucky they will quit the proprietary crap, and switch to a standard USB connection like the PS3 and PC

• Like Like x 1