• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Question about KERS

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Chadd, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Chadd

Chadd

Ratings:
    +16
    Is there a way to bind a button when using KERS that it can just be pressed once like DRS, instead of holding it? It's a little difficult when in a Formula car and having to shift, press DRS, and hold KERS all within a couple of seconds

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. PartyPePe

PartyPePe

Ratings:
    +9
    no

3. Moxley6969

Moxley6969

Ratings:
    +208
    #RealLifeIsHard

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Chadd

Chadd

Ratings:
    +16
    I don't understand some people. Why have a community or a forum where it is encouraged to ask questions only to be mocked. Or to give a response that has no usefulness. It's ridiculous

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
  5. Moxley6969

Moxley6969

Ratings:
    +208
    LOL time to Grow some thicker skin buddy, PartyPePe answered your questions and i re enforced said answer with A Cold Hard Fact.

6. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    rFactor Senior Club Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +6,793
    Although both answers are correct, I do agree they are not really friendly in there efforts to help. :(

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Chadd

Chadd

Ratings:
    +16
    It's not that I don't have thick skin. I couldn't care less how you respond to a forum. This isn't the only time I've seen it here in this community. I was merely making a statement as to why people feel the urge to comment as they do when it serves no purpose for the OP. Some people aren't as experienced as others and they come here to ask questions and seek help and they get none in response, only idiotic statements that keeps them from ever coming back to ask questions in the future. And you say it's so hard, no where did I see any driver in practice at Montreal holding a button to deploy KERS.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Majuh

Majuh

Ratings:
    +108
    2013 was the last year where cars had KERS... And they definitely did hold the KERS button back then because it didn't make sense to use all of the KERS energy at once.

9. Chadd

Chadd

Ratings:
    +16
    Ok...The ERS then. I just watched qualifying with Hamilton onboard...you could clearly see he pressed to turn on ERS then pressed again to turn it off. All I wanted to know if it was capable of doing similar in AC and not having to hold the button. Simple as that

10. Moxley6969

Moxley6969

Ratings:
    +208
    :O_o: I take it you don't watch alot of F1 do you ?

FWIW, you can do exactly the same thing in AC as what Hamilton did on his Pole lap.

11. Chadd

Chadd

Ratings:
    +16
    I admit I've only gotten into F1 within the last 3 years so I am not as knowledgeable as others about the sport. I live in the States so F1 isn't as big here as in other countries. I see that changing in the future since Liberty Media has taken over. But I digress. If it's possible, then how? When I use ERS I have to hold the button the entire time

12. RasmusP

RasmusP
    AC Stuff and G27 help Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +812
    Hi,
    Trying to not make an idiotic Statement (I agree with you!):
    In theory you could use a tool to simulate a pressed button. I've never done that so I can't give you a Link but there are makro or binding tools out there. Joy to key maybe? :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Chadd

Chadd

Ratings:
    +16
    I didn't think about that. I'll give that a try and let you know. Thank you

Edit: Thank you for providing a response that was actually useful to the original post

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
  14. PhilS13

PhilS13
    Premium

Ratings:
    +139
    You sure it wasn't DRS button? They do have an "overtake" button but it's behind the wheel and they most likely need to hold it.

15. Matuszczak Piotr

Matuszczak Piotr

Ratings:
    +57
    What Hamilton did during his run was change in deployment of energy. In current F1 cars computer controls the deployment. Driver can select the mode in witch it operates. They also have button that's working more or less like old kers button, for short bursts of energy, for overtakes.

There was no kers switch, only button, because one could use kers only for couple of seconds per lap. Drivers were pressing it only for a moment to gain extra boost in turn exit.

Hope this helps

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Moxley6969

Moxley6969

Ratings:
    +208

Please show me where he "changes the ERS deployment"

"Driver can select the mode in witch it operates"

True but if you think they are solely limited to the "mode" they are in, your sadly mistaken.

PS back in the Legit Kers days, you got roughly 6-7 seconds worth of deployment not a "couple of seconds"

17. Matuszczak Piotr

Matuszczak Piotr

Ratings:
    +57
    PS back in the Legit Kers days, you got roughly 6-7 seconds worth of deployment not a "couple of seconds"

And 6-7 seconds is not couple?

18. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    rFactor Senior Club Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +6,793
    Maybe this will help :)
    • A few = Anywhere from 2 to 5
    • A handful = Anywhere from 2 to 5
    • Several = Anywhere from 2 to 5
    • A couple = 2 (but sometimes up to 5)

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  19. Jebus

Jebus

Ratings:
    +505
    By definition it actually isn't.

For the OP, I think you can achieve what your looking for with xpadder (5.3 is the last free version, I'm using it and works fine, or joytokey.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Matuszczak Piotr

Matuszczak Piotr

Ratings:
    +57
    Ok,my bad then.

• Like Like x 1