Question About Custom Wheels on a Thrustmaser Wheelbase

Hi there all! First off, I want to apologize if this question has been previously asked somewhere else, but for the life of me, I can't find any related threads.

I was wondering if the Thrustmaster wheelbases require the original wheel to be connected in order for the PC to recognize it. I ask this for I will soon upgrade to a Thrustmaster wheelbase (either a TS-XW, TS-PC, or T300 wheelbase) and would like to use my custom F1 and GT style wheels.

I am currently using a Logitech G920, and to my dismay, I found out the original wheel's PCB needed to be connected to the wheelbase for it to be recognized by my PC, so needless to say, I hacked it up to make it work with my custom wheels.

So, any of you Thrustmaser owners can confirm that I need not connect a Thrustmaster wheel to the base to be recognized by the PC and still have the FFB functions, etc.?

Thanks! Hope to hear from any of you soon! And sorry again if this was previously asked and if this is in the wrong forum category!

Cheers!

Correct. You can throw away your stock wheel and install a custom wheel and everything will be working perfectly. Just add a button box or a plate to have your buttons back, if you need them.

Upvote 0
Hi there! I just want to follow up this thread with another question relating to the wheelbases; are Fanatec wheelbases like Thrustmasters? Where in I need not worry about connecting the original wheel to have it recognized when using custom wheels?

Thanks again, mates!

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back