F1 2017 Quality of force feedback with Thrustmaster T500

F1 2017 The Game (Codemasters)

Cosimo

Premium
Just got F1 2017 and game is ok but the force feedback seems to be "mushy" and delayed compared to what I would expect.
F.ex. lapping at Monza, in the braking zone for T1, wheels lock up, but the ffb from the lock up is slightly delayed and kind of disconnected. It seems like there's a dampening effect between the actual car behaviour on track and what you feel in the wheel through the ffb.

Have left the force feedback to the default game settings.
Any suggestions?

Last edited:
This is the first one I've actually really been enjoying, for the above reasons and more in previous years.
Whilst the feedback isn't as good as say RFactor2, it's miles better than the last few.

All I can suggest is start playing with the settings in-game...
There's a few about if you google, but when I just got it, none of the ones I found were suitable for me, so I ended up doing a fair amount of track time just slightly tweaking to get it to a place where I was enjoying the feel coming through.
It's all personal preference of course, so I won't take offence if you hate my settings, and feel free to tweak as you go.

First things first - make sure you have the latest update in the Thrustmaster profiler.
My settings in the profiler are;
Rotation - 360 Degrees (As far as I'm aware that's 1-1)
Strength - 60
Constant - 100
Periodic - 100
Spring - 0
Damper - (This is a weird one, I currently have it at 100, but feel no difference if its down to 0, take that as you will)
Auto centre by the game.
(If you're on pc - I recommend Basher Boards config tool...its just like the profiler, but you can save different settings for different games, and just load it without having to remember every time you go from one to another)
http://www.basherboards.com/T500CM - Just scroll down to the download link (its a tiny file)

Then my in-game settings, I'll post screenshots below.

Like I said - feel free to tweak, or hate it haha
Hope it helps, let me know :)

Simon
Capture.PNG
Capture1.PNG

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back