1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

push 2 pass

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by Carl Williamson, Jul 9, 2012.

1. How does this work ? what control do i have to map to a button ?

any info on this feature would be good
  2. It a 50 bhp and 500rpm boost.
    You can only use it 8 times during a race, and only 150 sec between each boost.
    So use them wisely. Makes overtaking on the straights easier, unless the other also uses it....
    In the controller settings. just map it to any button on the wheel you like.
  3. Set a key to temporary boost.
    Then for 8 times only in the Race you can use it with interval of 150 sec after you used one.

EditL nice timing. :p
  4. i tried mapping it to a button and using it in a race but nothing happens, i get no message that its been used, no speed boost and no timer to let me know when i can use it again ?!?!
  5. Your are mapping it to Temporary boost?
  6. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Also note that the boost only works for the V8's and not the open wheelers :)
  7. yeah using temp boost and the v8s, what is this message that its been activated meant to look like ?
  8. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

That you are using a boost followed by the time the boost will be inactive before you can use it again.
  9. do i have to have a specifc part of the hud visible to see this message ?

im using rdefhud or whatever its called, the default rfactor hud is terrible
  10. The Chat box
  11. Just to remind you can only use during races
  12. It may not work with open wheelers, but I get the message every time I press the button, no matter what class I'm driving.
  13. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    Technical Administrator Staff

just been introduced to this tonight.

Can anyone pinpoint the amount of time it actually stays active for?

When I pressed the first few times people where still owning me. The countdown timer until the next available boost didn't arrive until T2. So I gradually moved back to using it earlier and earlier until before the last turn.

Since it can't be used outside of Race conditions it would be nice to know how many seconds it lasts so I can use the lap timer in practice to decide where to push in the race to max out at the end of a straight.
  14. Can't find any info on it, but I think it's around 20 seconds? I remember using it at the last corner of Interlagos, and it would run off near T1.
  15. 8 seconds
    • Like Like x 1
  16. I always try to time my move at the beginning of the main straight (the longest straight part of any circuit), this way I can carry the extra speed down the track during more time.
  17. Stockcars 2012 are using push to pass up to 14 times during race. They are allowed to use it in qualify session as well, reducing the amount of available pushes during race to the half.

Guess, that rfactor will not support qualify/race dependencies, but it would be great if admins could determine the number of push options for a race (according to the race lengths) on their dedicated servers.
  18. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni
    Reiza Studios

It´s all a bit of a mess this year though - the number of "pushes", the lentgh, the power boost provided, the number of times you lose in the race if you use it in quali... All varies from a race-to-race basis depending on track characteristics. Even if we could program it all, it would be impossible to know in advance how the rules are going to be set out in the races to come.

Up to last year the rules were pretty much the same as we have now in the sim, so it´s a bit of a creative license that we found worth taking :)