push 2 pass

It a 50 bhp and 500rpm boost.
You can only use it 8 times during a race, and only 150 sec between each boost.
So use them wisely. Makes overtaking on the straights easier, unless the other also uses it....
In the controller settings. just map it to any button on the wheel you like.

just been introduced to this tonight.

Can anyone pinpoint the amount of time it actually stays active for?

When I pressed the first few times people where still owning me. The countdown timer until the next available boost didn't arrive until T2. So I gradually moved back to using it earlier and earlier until before the last turn.

Since it can't be used outside of Race conditions it would be nice to know how many seconds it lasts so I can use the lap timer in practice to decide where to push in the race to max out at the end of a straight.

Stockcars 2012 are using push to pass up to 14 times during race. They are allowed to use it in qualify session as well, reducing the amount of available pushes during race to the half.

Guess, that rfactor will not support qualify/race dependencies, but it would be great if admins could determine the number of push options for a race (according to the race lengths) on their dedicated servers.

It´s all a bit of a mess this year though - the number of "pushes", the lentgh, the power boost provided, the number of times you lose in the race if you use it in quali... All varies from a race-to-race basis depending on track characteristics. Even if we could program it all, it would be impossible to know in advance how the rules are going to be set out in the races to come.

Up to last year the rules were pretty much the same as we have now in the sim, so it´s a bit of a creative license that we found worth taking :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.