Purchasing rF2

Hurro guys! o/

So, I'm thinking about purchasing rF2. Yet, I'm seeing all kinds of tracks and cars on YouTube but the rF2 website has a few cars and only one track (Brianza) listed.

So, my questions are:

1) Where can I download more tracks?
2) Where can I download more cars?
3) Is the AI working fine already?
4) Did anyone try to get a refund? Just in case it doesn't work out for me.

Cheers,

Tom

Tom,

When you buy rF2, you get standard more tracks: Classic Belgium and Monaco, Mills, Porugal, Sepang, Palm Beach, Brianza and Portugal.
Cars: Classic F1,F2 and F3, Renault's Megane, Formula Renault 3.5, Formula ISI, Nissan GTR and Nissan 370z.

1. Check: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/forums/rfactor-2-tracks.70/
2. Check: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/forums/rfactor-2-cars.69/
3. Pretty good although I only race with humans (I only use AI to get soem rubber on the tracks ;) )
4. I have no idea, I don't want a refund as I love the game :) Maybe someone else can answer that for you.

Thanks Stefan, I was curious because the "How to purchase" FAQ doesn't list any track but Brianza. :)

I'll give it a shot tonight but keep the opinions coming!

You can always find all the official cars and tracks in the DOWNLOAD thread on ISI forum
A few extra tracks made by modders, can be found here
(You wont find a lot of tracks and cars atm)

They are still improving AI, with every build, but its good atm (especially with 60's formula cars imo)

I did not use the refund option, but I know some did without any problems.

Its a Beta (or even an Alpha), expect a sim with bugs and missing features. But I already find it enjoyable and I know I'm not the only one :)

EDIT: oops, Stefan was faster

Edit: scratch that, after purchasing the game I still had to activate it on the machine I used to purchase it. °_°

Purchase has been made but that's how it looks:

165870_10150919905659022_2090911859_n.jpg

Why isn't it possible to start in single player mode? It should be all good from what I can see.

Greetings Tom,

Thank you for your rFactor 2 purchase!

If you have not already done so, download and install the latest copy of rFactor 2.
http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/5304

The first time you run rFactor 2 from the launcher, follow these steps:

1) On the ' Simulate ' tab, login, and begin racing!

That was easy, wasn't it?

Order Number: RFXXXXX -- please use it when corresponding with support staff.

Please visit http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/first-time-install/ for more information.

If you experience any technical problems, please visit the rFactor 2 support forums http://isiforums.net to report the issue.

Thank you for your support of rFactor 2!
Best Regards,
Gjon and the whole rF2 Team

Order Date 2012-06-29 14:59:52
Currency EUR
Invoice Total 34.99
Amount Paid 34.99
Price 34.99
Order Number RF13128744
Payment Status Paid
Offering rFactor2_Beta

Tom,

you need to download all mods and install them thru the manage mods program.

First make sure you downloaded all the ISI Cars and track content:
http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/1396-Downloads?p=20192&viewfull=1#post20192
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inside your rFactor2 installation folder there should be a folder called: Packages
Put all the Cars and track mods in there.

Next, click the "Manage Mods" button, situated in the right lower corner of your screenshot above.
When that program opened you should see some content. Right-click on each one and select "install". I you have done that will all packages. You should be able to play. If you see in the mod manager a * in front of a mod -> right click again and select "Update".

Close the Mod Manager and you should be able to play.

Good Luck!

From the tips and tricks:
- Installing the content on the regular rFactor2 game.

I am pretty sure everyone knows this part by now, but to be sure, I will address the installation once more. Besides that, there is also the removal of content which is a bit more difficult than just click uninstall in the MOD Manager.

- Installing.
To Install content, you have to place it into a package folder. For this instruction, we will use the default location. When you download content (MOD or Component files), place them in the package folder which can be found in the DATA section. (When installing rFactor2, you have to choose 2 locations, CORE and DATA. In this instruction, the DATA folder is in my documents).

Once the content is placed in the package folder, open your MOD manager. You can do this via the rFactor Launcher, and click MANAGE MODS in the right bottom.

To install a Complete MOD, you just have to right click on the mod name in the list, and select install. To install Component files, you first have to click OPTIONS in top menu, and UNTick the box for Show MODS only.

scrn1j.jpg

Then you right click the component, and select install.

Problem MOD's.
Virtual MOD's rely on the components used in that mod. When a component is not installed, the mod will be displayed as Problem mod.
scrn2a.jpg

To see what content is missing, right click on it, and select properties. There will be a few buttons displayed. Click on Advanced Info to see which components you need to install. Be aware. At the moment I am making this document, there is an issue with the detection of installed MODs. When A component is missing, ALL components are listed as Not Installed. You have to manually check if the components are there. Also not that it is version related! So if you have f.i. Searspoint V1.2 installed, and the mod requires version 1.3, it will be displayed as V 1.0 - not installed!

scrn3.jpg

When all components are installed, the MOD will be displayed in the regular list again.

- Uninstalling.
This part is a bit more tricky. You have to work the other way around here.

MOD Uninstall.
To Uninstall a complete MOD, right click on the mod in the MOD manager, and select uninstall. You have now De-activated the mod, but it is physically still present. To completely remove the mod, follow the instructions below for File Removal.

Component Uninstall
Components can only be uninstalled if there are no more mod's active which use this content. So first, uninstall all mod's which use the content you wish to remove. In the MOD manager, you can see how many mod's make use of certain content.
Once the mod's are removed, you can uninstall the components. Right click on them, and select uninstall. Same as with the complete mod uninstall, the content is just deactivated, but still present on the hard disk. Again, to remove the files look below for File Removal.

-File removal
When you have uninstalled the mod's via the MOD Manager, you can remove the files from the hard disk. To do so, you have to open the Windows Explorer, and go to the data folder of rFactor2.

In the data folder, are a 3 folders in which you have to remove files.
- ../rfactor2/packages - Here is the original package located (.rfmod or .rfcmp)
- ../rFactor2/Installed/rFm - Here is a file present, called [modname].mas
- ../rFactor2/Manifest - Here is a file present called [modname].mft

If all mod's are deactivated (Uninstalled via MOD Manager), you can manually remove these files to save some hard disk space, and keep performance of the game optimized. It also helps to keep the log file clean of errors.

- Downgrading in component or mod version.
After installing an update on a certain mod or component, there might be a need to Uninstall it again later on. When you are developing an update, it can happen that you want to test it, find something you want to change, make the change, and test it again. To do so, you have to uninstall the update first.

I have had several cased in which the downgrading went perfectly, by just right clicking on the mod or component, and select uninstall. However, I also have had that the complete mod disappeared. If this happens, here is a way to reinstall it again.
For this example we use the Meganes2009 COMPONENT! So I am JUST talking about the cars, not the sounds and all other aspects of the Mod.

It happened to me a few times that I uninstalled a made update, and the total entry of the Meganes2009 component disappeared. At that moment, it is NOT possible to reinstall. When you go back to the Show Mods Only option, the MOD ISI Meganes is missing in the list, so you can’t reinstall.
To fix, go to the explorer, and open the DATA folder of your rFactor2 install.
Go into the MANIFESTS folder, and delete the .mft file from the missing mod (MOD, not component!).
Open the MOD manager again, and refresh.
The mod will re-appear in the list again, as Uninstalled, so you can click install again.

Remeber, the refund option is valid for 2 months after purchase only.

There are a few more tracks coming, almost all are discussed in the modding section Stefan linked to. Also some custom cars are present there. Remeber that not all custom content is decent yet. Some is still work in progress, so read before you install and download. That will prevent disapointments :)

So, I've been playing around a bit and it's so hard to control. I doubt it's only me but I'm not quite sure about the settings for my T500 (Using the standard T500 profile within the game but also tried to change the steering lock to 310° when using the GT1, 270° for the F1), to be honest. The rear is traveling around all the time, even if I'm not even near the limiter etc. - anything I can do? :/

(Tried F1 and 370Z GT1, Palm Beach & Malaysia - no aids, of course)

I know it can be a sensible point, but having so low steering lock make the cars extremely twitchy, best is to let rF2 set it for each car, might take a little while to get use to it, but it should pay off eventually.
(Not sure how this option work with T500).

An other thing with rF2 is the green tracks, you need rubber on tracks to start pushing your car. Best thing to do when driving offline is add some AI and use the accelerate time feature (I think default is CTRL X) and let AI cars turns 4 or 5 laps before you go out. Even then you will need a few laps to get heat in your tires.

We're still on the first version of FISI (modern F1) and imo that car is too hard to control (comparing with other F1 sim car, GSC, FVA, and iRacing), atm you need to be very careful with input especially in lower gear.
If you want to drive a modern open-wheeler, I suggest the formula Renault 3.5, after the latest update (1.2) that car is easy to control and great fun to drive.

I'm surprise you have problem with the Nissan 370z (GT4), it should be easy and a lot of fun to drift that car around any track (great car imo).

The Nissan GT-R (GT1) is harder to control its easy to loose the rear (even after last update it maybe still too twitchy).

If you haven't try the 60's formula yet, try the Brabham F1 on old Monza one of the best combo on rF2 atm.

Playing with setups can of course help, I lower the rear slow bump a little when I have problem with rear end, it give more grip to rear tires by allowing faster weight transfer to rear wheels under acceleration.

rf2.JPG

Just like Tom Endres, I also got a problem with the installation of rF2. Now i installed all the mods and tracks. Still the single player is not showing. And Marco Bijl is pointing to 2 maps. I can't find a DATA map in my "my documents" folder.

- Installing.
To Install content, you have to place it into a package folder. For this instruction, we will use the default location. When you download content (MOD or Component files), place them in the package folder which can be found in the DATA section. (When installing rFactor2, you have to choose 2 locations, CORE and DATA. In this instruction, the DATA folder is in my documents).

Would it be better to uninstall rF2 and reinstall it all over again?

rf2.JPG

Just like Tom Endres, I also got a problem with the installation of rF2. Now i installed all the mods and tracks. Still the single player is not showing. And Marco Bijl is pointing to 2 maps. I can't find a DATA map in my "my documents" folder.

Would it be better to uninstall rF2 and reinstall it all over again?

Erwin, yes I think that would be best. Should be doable in a minute or 10.
During the install read what is installed where. The DATA and CORE can be on 2 different locations.
Make sure you keep the Packages folder and the userdata aswell, else you do need to make all your setups, wheel settings again.

In screen 2, change the destination to:"
f:\program files\rFactor2\Core

In screen 3, change it to:
f:\program files\rFactor2\Data

Then you have the seperate folders.

Secondly, I strongly recommend to install them NOT in the program files folder. I know there has been some right related issues with those folders, in case you are NOT using the actual administrator account.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back