Purchase advise

Hi Guys,

I've just got my G27 out of hibernation and after searching for a game to pair up with it I've come across Race Room. I'll admit I've previously just disregarded this one as a "crappy" free to play title but wow was I wrong. I've not stopped playing the free content and competitions for the last 2 days and I'm hooked.

Great sound, FFB, AI are fun to drive against (learn a lesson here PCARS2!!) and I see there's an active club here which I'll like to race with once I build my skill/confidence. Just needs weather, day night cycle and iRacing style license but I see these are on the road map so it looks all good!

Anyway I've been reading the thread on here so I know to purchase the vouchers however at £51.99 (10k vRP) I could grab the whole lot or go for the £27.99 (5K vRP) and pickup Starter, Euro Tracks, US Tracks bundle with vRP left over for the cars I decide I want to drive + other tracks.

The whole content package looks overkill (maybe :)) however at only £20ish more (Good old man maths) it's very tempting. Or should I just hold out for a sale instead?

Thanks

Hey there, big fat welcome :)
There are others who know a lot more about that but I'll give you my perspective:
I bought the starter pack, the EU track pack, a few cars and tracks in the sale over a year..
Then I calculated a lot and in the last sale I just bought the whole package in the 25% to all sale.
In the end I spent more I guess. Also I never had the perfect content I wanted to drive or I had time to race when there weren't races for my specific content.
Then after I purchased everything, the gt3s and Porsche came out and I would have to spend money again..

So what I can tell you: there will be sales, question in when.. Normally you get discount on certain single items, on a pack or a global discount. It's not like a 80% steam sale though!

So the question isn't "how to buy and when", the question is: what do you think you're gonna do?
If you know for sure that you're going to join races on a weekly basis or are interested in all the content: just go for the full package. Gt3s released, Porsches released, Christmas sales over..

You seem to have a good plan if you wanna buy step by step. Same like I had...
But in the end it's gonna be premium package if you are sticking to raceroom and stay hooked :p

The whole content package looks overkill (maybe :)) however at only £20ish more (Good old man maths) it's very tempting. Or should I just hold out for a sale instead?
I'm going to keep it short and sweet. If you can get the premium pack and still put food on the table, do it. :) The discount you get is huge, and it's better than realising you missed out on this and that as you go down the line, and ended up spending more than you would have originally.

Thanks both that's really useful info. I've enjoyed driving everything so far with the free content / competitions so I can see myself driving a range of cars. That and the great range of tracks I think I would end up spending over the full package amount in a short space of time anyway.

Well that's my weekend sorted :thumbsup: I'll get some practice in then see you for some club races soon!

Well I went for it no regrets I've been racing all sorts across random tracks it's been great. Adaptive AI is getting there as well so always a close fight. How much fun is the BMW M3 E30 GR.A @ MANTORP PARK, FR3 @ SEPANG, TT RS @ NORDSCHLEIFE and MCLAREN 650S GT3 anywhere :)

Gone for premium so I'm looking forward to a race next Sunday....I know what a blue flag means so no worries ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back