Prometheus

I went and saw it tonight. I didn't go last night because all showings were at midnight. It was good i won't give details but the way the movie ended there can be another movie telling a story between this and Alien.

Just to say that I'm a huge fan of Alien and Aliens. The setting and visuals of Prometheus are really nice (the spaceship and planet surface design are great!) but overall I don't like the movie. It has so many plot holes and logical errors that it failed to entertain me. I wouldn't mind the shallow plot and mistakes if the movie wouldn't take itself so serious on the plot and scientific matters. Michael Fassbender and Charlize Theron are the only spot lights actor wise, although predictable characters because of the plot. Idris Elba fits good into his role as captain too. But the others, well I blame it on their shallow foreseeable characters (for example Noomi Rapace). Unfortunately the rest are forgettable and nothing more than cannon fodder. Oh there was Guy Pearce, did you notice? Most hilarious character and actor in a movie since some time.

In result, a brainless summer blockbuster that could have been more. :(

Can somebody explain to me why there is a second spaceship of the Space Jockey taking off at the end of the movie and where it is heading too? This confused me.

Just saw it, was just about to create a thread.

Started of spectacularly then as the movie progressed it turned into some B-movie that was completely different from what i first thought was gonna happen.
Storyline went downhill fast for every minute the movie passed.

Many strange things in the movie like her having a "baby" for no reason at all.
(i know how she got it)

Edit: really the only way for them to have that last scene was because of the infestation.
It had absolutely no logic applied to it and was merely there to show the Alien vs Predator scene.

The only upside of the movie was the Geologist and Biologist.
They were funny as hell.

It had the potential to be astonishing but it turned into crap frankly.

Bit too much on the religious side, word god was mentioned 500 times, crosses shown 200 times.

I had an issue with what the movie was meant to say. From what I understood it's meant as an epilogue to the Alien series. But what did it really tell us about it? That they were there a long time ago? Figured as much. I really hope they'll release another one soon to clear up all the mysteries.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 92 19.0%
  • €151-500

Votes: 128 26.4%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 85 17.6%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 42 8.7%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 48 9.9%
  • €3001-5000