PC2 Project CARS Previews: BMW M6 GT3, McLaren P1 GTR and Aston Martin Vulcan

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 - BMW M6 GT3 2.jpg

Slightly Mad Studios have released the next wave of Project CARS 2 previews, and they contain some real corkers too.....

Well one thing you really can't fault Slightly Mad Studios for is the marketing promotion that rests behind any of their game releases, and Project CARS 2 is certainly following on from that tradition in wonderful style as the build up to release at the end of this year draws ever closer.

Already announced that the game will ship with over 170 top brand cars when it comes to Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC around September this year, SMS have kept their cards rather close to their chest as to which manufacturers and models will be included in the default stock content of the title.

In something of a clever move to keep the game at the forefront of the public eye, SMS have been teasing some incredibly attractive images of the different cars from the game over the past couple of months, and in recent days the studio have show us some impressive images of the newly announced BMW M6 GT3 machine, the already teased Aston Martin Vulcan and the again previously known McLaren P1 GTR.

We know SMS make attractive games, and it looks like PCARS 2 will be another one right at the top of the visual pile. So let's all take a moment and have a look at some stunning looking cars as we await the chance to try out the game for ourselves at the end of 2017...

Project CARS 2 should be releasing for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC towards the end of September 2017.

Project CARS 2 - Aston Martin Vulcan.jpg
Project CARS 2 - BMW M6 GT3 3.jpg
Project CARS 2 - McLaren P1 GTR 2.jpg

Check out the Project CARS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment to catch up with the latest news, engage in lively discussions with the community and find out all you need to know about the simulation prior to release in September.

Project CARS 2 - Aston Martin Vulcan 3.jpg Project CARS 2 - Aston Martin Vulcan 2.jpg Project CARS 2 - BMW M6 GT3 3.jpg Project CARS 2 - BMW M6 GT3.jpg Project CARS 2 - McLaren P1 GTR 3.jpg Project CARS 2 - McLaren P1 GTR 4.jpg Project CARS 2 - McLaren P1 GTR.jpg

Looking forward to trying the Aston Martin, BMW and McLaren in PCARS 2? Which one holds the most interest for you personally? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Fanapryde if you haven't been much around in this forum, just keep in mind that hating and belittling other games is some people's pass-time. So don't be surprised that people come in here and tell you how bad it's going to be. They are fishing for reactions half the time, and some of them are genuinely concerned, but those are very few. Just don't take the bait, it's not as if we won't read and see the reviews when they start coming out to make up our minds.

Thing is the relentless snidey childish comments are rather depressing, sure Pcars had flaws but it's no where near as bad as some of these chumps make out. It's truly pathetic that they get "off" on being toxic -snip<

Last edited by a moderator:
I like Pcars. It did take a while to get it drivable, but when I did, it was very good. Yes there were big bugs that killed it for me. But when it worked, it was pretty darn good. I had some awesome racing in it, so I HOPE that Pcars2 will have addressed the shortcomings before they added other stuff. Time will tell, but now I have HOPE.

i sure hope FFB in pCARS2 will be good! same was said for pCARS2, with so many simracers, community and drivers involved but turned out to be and prooved to them it was bad despite so many saying it from the get go. the idea, the fundamental FFB idea was and has been there, just the approach was and is wrong by SMS/ WMD. so in summary, i do hope pCARS2 FFB will be great and will prove all the "naysayers" wrong. (part of the pCARS FFB problem in my opinion was...i give you 1 million sliders and basically set the cars to however you want them to feel, make it hover craft today, a steamboat later and a road race car tomorrow...) potential is there for sure, with the kick *** graphics, the eye candy, beautiful features, weather and all that, yes yes yes. so let's hope so!

Can all people who are not interested in pCars 2 stop commenting on how bad they think pCars2 is going to be, please...
Each and every topic about pCars seems to attrack the "haters".
Wait at least until you get to try it (if you are going to) and then share your "unbiased" opinion or criticism.

The preview pics look good, the car/track content too. If they manage to improve on the physics (like it has been promised) I'll be happy.
Even pCars 1 simulates more than some other "sims" already, graphics are stunning (better than any other "sim" for that matter).

I totally agree with you, both reg. pCars and in all the other subforums.
At the same time, I cannot help but think that SMS have brought just this kind of attitude towards them and the game themselves, as the way the marketing was for that game, and quite honestly, also the attitude from SMS themselves. But ye, just like I won't expect Cyanide to make a fantastic revolutionary great Pro Cycling Manager, or EA to make a great jump with FIFA, or the Call of Duty Franchise to get a rebirth with WW2. I don't expect much change from SMS either. At least they've not made anything as awful as Test Drive Ferrari Legends again!

Thing is the relentless snidey childish comments are rather depressing, sure Pcars had flaws but it's no where near as bad as some of these chumps make out. It's truly pathetic that they get "off" on being toxic <snip<.

Childish,Chumps, haters, toxic <snip<? Anything else you want to insult members with here? You are lucky no one has reported you for breaking the TOS.
If someone has purchased Pcars, tried it, messed with it and still does not like it, they are entitled to tell others about it here without you insulting them. SMS only have themselves to blame in all honesty for some of the animosity. Bram asked Bell to let him test Pcars 2 and give an unbiased review and guess what....:rolleyes:........Bell wouldn't take up the offer because he knows that people here give unbiased reviews and tell it like it is. Getting a bit tired of your petty insults against anyone who says anything negative about Pcars1 or 2.
Like others have stated, I'll buy it, test it and keep it or I will obtain a refund. That's the only way to do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Deleted member 113561

Lets do some math shall we
200+ cars x 200+ tracks = 40.000 FFB settings:whistling:
Whaaaaaaat? Nooooo
You don't need to change FFB between tracks! Why would you do that?

Also you can change FFB during driving, there are keybindings for it, no need to go to pause menu!

Childish,Chumps, haters, toxic <snip<? Anything else you want to insult members with here? You are lucky no one has reported you for breaking the TOS.
If someone has purchased Pcars, tried it, messed with it and still does not like it, they are entitled to tell others about it here without you insulting them. SMS only have themselves to blame in all honesty for some of the animosity. Bram asked Bell to let him test Pcars 2 and give an unbiased review and guess what....:rolleyes:........Bell wouldn't take up the offer because he knows that people here give unbiased reviews and tell it like it is. Getting a bit tired of your petty insults against anyone who says anything negative about Pcars1 or 2.
Like others have stated, I'll buy it, test it and keep it or I will obtain a refund. That's the only way to do it.

Breaking the TOS...what like the ones who got banned on WMD yet come here and bitch and moan about it? If I get banned from here that would be IMMENSE hypocrisy and laughable.

If some members of this site wouldn't be so stupid then I'd have no need to call them on it would I? And seeing how those same members insult SMS, PCARS and those who like the game on a daily basis then once again moaning when it's reflected straight back is immense hypocrisy. People in glass houses shouldn't throw bricks because I'll throw then right effing back.

If some members of this site wouldn't be so stupid then I'd have no need to call them on it would I? And seeing how those same members insult SMS, PCARS and those who like the game on a daily basis then once again moaning when it's reflected straight back is immense hypocrisy. People in glass houses shouldn't throw bricks because I'll throw then right effing back.

There you go again. :rolleyes:Take heed of Andrews advice man. The thing is that no one is insulting you or calling you names but you seem to think it's fine to do it to members here. You need to chill a bit. If someone has a go at Pcars/SMS it really shouldn't get to you like it does. Calm down and stop insulting members here.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
on topic, nice cars. SMS 3d modellers are amongst the best in the business.

There you go again. :rolleyes:Take heed of Andrews advice man. The thing is that no one is insulting you or calling you names but you seem to think it's fine to do it to members here. You need to chill a bit. If someone has a go at Pcars/SMS it really shouldn't get to you like it does. Calm down and stop insulting members here.:thumbsup:

Apologies in advance to Andrew, this is (I promise) my last comment off topic.

Sadly by insulting SMS + PCARS people ARE insulting me by proxy because I enjoy the game, by demeaning something that someone likes IS equivalent to insulting them (albeit as you say it's not a direct insult but a snidey one, rather like the "simcade" moniker). I like the game, yes it has some handling foibles but overall it's a solid game. I realise for MP isn't such a good experience, and that colours some opinions. Ai is "robust" and not suited for open wheelers as much as tin tops. These things do not make the game as bad as some make out. The hyperbole I read on this site is ridiculous at times. I can't help it but I take exception to that, reasoned criticism should be allowed (like it was on WMD) but the snidey stuff should really be laid to rest. People need to grow up. This is supposed to be a reputable site yet many of the comments are not a million miles away from the appalling tripe I read on PRC. That doesn't reflect well on this site at all IMO. The Sim community NEEDS to be less divisive and get back together....I mean c'mon it's like football fans nonsense for gawds sake! We ALL love cars (and bikes) and racing the things as fast as we can around the great tracks of the world.

It's ok man, just take it as an exercise in self-control. Things can be said from behind a screen that would never be said in person, and/or in such a heated manner. Like someone said above, read and re-read, lighten up, feel for the other person who is probably fuming behind his keyboard, all his life frustrations coming out from inside a post and cheer up. The game does have its faults and it's ok for people to be sceptical. The sim community, and almost all communities lately, are god damn crazy nutters, so expect these kind of re-actions :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back