Project CARS Modding Questions & WIP

[QUOTE="JDougNY
Dear, you can make a little guide to modify the MEB of SHIFT2 files for Project CARS. And I desperately want to introduce my cars LMP1 forza4 to Project CARS, If I succeeded but I fail to paint and BMT and MTX files, do not get the rain and shadows on Body Parts.

Please put a support or guide for us on that.

from already thank you.

Just to clarify..... the recent change to the encryption key of the physics BFF files. This prevents both the bootfiles by Autoprophet and my unlocker from being updated to 10.0 at this time.

Might it be a good sign to see the gameplay previews of the new content on YouTube? The Paganis, the AMG and the combined Nürburgring were uploaded pretty soon after the patch went live.
I just hope this ain't a totally different story talking about the necessary files.

This is something else. Anyone with a cracked version of the game has already access to the "DLC" content. No modding or editing of files is done.

Hello

Use the 9.1 version, it work very well. Create 2 sub folder in steam
pCars for official game and update and pCars9.1 folder for modding. Copy your saved game files. Of course you need to have made a backup of your game before the patch 10 update.
Launch Pcars directly in folder pCars9.1.

Great news! I've had a long chat with Andy at SMS and we've got to the point where pCARS now supports mods much better with a simple mods.txt without all the unpacking and so on. But it does mean tires.rg is locked and you can't edit. We can't add new tires at the moment but that support is coming in a future patch!

Thanks for sharing the news.
Do you have the details how adding cars via mods.txt works? Does it work already or does it require another patch? Also do addon cars work with their own physics or with default car physics (i.e. just a different model attached to already existing physics)?
Hope you can shed light on these.

Thanks for sharing the news.
Do you have the details how adding cars via mods.txt works? Does it work already or does it require another patch? Also do addon cars work with their own physics or with default car physics (i.e. just a different model attached to already existing physics)?
Hope you can shed light on these.

A positive answer for all your questions. Simple line entries into the mods.txt will make the game automatically add the car so no more Bootfile Unlockers at all. And it is already working, our Audi is ready for release for v10 with the new modding support. Also, each car uses its own physics also, it's just you can edit existing physics.

Apparently cars can use their own physics. Check LMM's response to my question above.
Don't know about the weatherdata pakfile.

So does this mods.txt allow for modified physics ? And other pakfiles like the weatherdata ones ? ( for my AI light )
It sounds like there are issues (bugs...go figure) with the new Mod code implementation. I could explain how you could modify existing physics....but it's time for me to be quiet about most things going forward. Well...if SMS can get this new mod code to work correctly, I'll re-engage. I think that things like weatherdata are locked out for good.

I've added in one of my cars to test.
EDIT: resolved meb issues
.There's a physics issue to where the turbo/supercharger file is ignored (that all worked before patch 10).
Can't check the cockpit mebs, because only the Audi R8 cockpit (by Machine Dojo) is recognized by the game.

Last edited:

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 449 69.7%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 279 43.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 297 46.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 133 20.7%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 173 26.9%
Back