Project CARS Modding Questions & WIP

My modding partner Vapour has me loaded up with a few cars to where I work on physics, audio, some modeling bits. We were talking about Ferrari. What I want to do is see if the quality of TDFRL Ferrari 458 is good enough for pCars. Also, check the quality of DLC Ferrari from prior SMS game in pCars (I would use original Xbox source files, not the various conversions made by others). Taking Ferrari models from either TDFRL or the DLC Ferrari would go quicker. If I were to start from scratch with Turn 10 Ferrari models, it will take some extra time.

I sent you a Shift Unleashed Ferrari 458 via WeTransfer. Would be great if you could convert it into pCars. I have more AddOn Ferraris.

Although not everything is translated enough for me or this vehicle .... Thank you ....... The car looks great , now working for only work in just a few variants and not all .......
Are you having a problem with other cameras, such as bumper and chase?
Addresses 0x48-0x53 is another camera...probably bumper
Addresses 0x78-0x83 is another camera...probably chase
The order of the words is the same as what I decoded
Lateral adjust
Vertical adjust
Front/Rear adjust

While I remember, here's the info I have on the KERS decode:

28 15 CA 60 13 - recharge rate (60000 on a mclaren P1)
22 8E AC AD 13 - battery size
22 3A 74 A8 35 - stage 2 power output
22 03 3E B2 09 - empty level. Usually set to 0.01. If set to 0.95 for example, the kers will be available until the kers has 95% remaining
A2 02 D8 6A 19 - stage 1 power output
24 45 76 35 7A 82 - throttle input necessary to activate
22 3C 89 BF 32 - minimum activation speed

hope it helps :)

@ those that haven't figured this out yet

I never posted a decode of the tyre HDTbin, mainly because much of the work is done in tire.rg for pCars.
However, to fine tune grip, you want to adjust the front and rear tyre width in the HDTbin and this is the hex string...
[22 BD 03 4C 23] // Front Tyre Width
and further down in the file...
[22 BD 03 4C 23] // Rear Tyre width

You should first decide where you are registering your car in the tire.rg, then choose a donor HDTbin from a car that is using the same tyre brand/option. Don't register your car to use "Masculin" tyre in tire.rg, then grab the HDTbin for a "Pzero Corsa"...this could cause problems.

I would recommend starting off with setting front tyre width in HDTbin -10mm less than the tyre width of the real car. For example, real car has 245 section width for front tyre, then set 0.235 for front tyre width in HDTbin. The reason to start off with less width is due to some tyre options providing more grip for a given tyre width. When you start with front tyre width (grip) too high, the rear end can get upset very easily, causing you to set more rear width (grip) to counter....then you will end up with G.I. Joe tyres with Kung-Fu grip.

I would recommend starting off with setting rear tyre widh in HDTbin equal to tyre width of the real car. Then, while you sort out the default setup, you can fine tune front and rear tyre width (+ or - a few MM) to achieve an acceptable level of grip.

Other points to consider, due to impacting how tyres will grip:
- it's best to have the other areas of physics in good shape, before working on tyres.
- Suspension SDFbin: if you are using a donor suspension from original car, review closely the front and rear spindle/wheel mass values. In many cases, SMS has used very high values. You don't want to carry that erroneous data into your own work. Change spindle/wheel mass values to proper levels as needed.
- Chassis CDFbin: use the higher "box" calcs for body inertia..grab my inertia worksheet on public folder if you don't have your own. Have aerodynamics established (lift coefficients, lift sideways, aero centers, diffuser enabled/disabled, etc). Have spring rates set for desired front/rear spring frequency. Have bump/rebound rates established based upon desired critical damping percentage and Rebound:Bump ratio. Of course, establish a default setup for toe, camber, caster, tyre pressure, sway bars, etc, which is all tweaked under testing on the track.

For changes to HDTbin to be acknowledged in game, exit and restart the game. Of course, if you are using JSGME, you would also de-activate and re-activate the mod.

EDIT: I included these notes in my public folder

Last edited:
You know, if you get the stock corolla in I might actually have to get shift 2 lol :p
I'm sure that most would find that car in stock form to be quite slow. On the other side of the coin, I find GT/LMP class cars to be quite generic and boring...you drive one, you drove 'em all. My interest is in filling in the Road C1/B/A classes a bit. If you're not interested, that's just fine...no need for you to be acting like a clown. We can make cars from any source..my modding partner just happens to be drawing from S2U at this time.

Thanks, did you receive the Ferrari?
Yes, I did. I prefer to start from original source models. Also, that car is lacking the proper Lod models...example..the Lodb is a copy of Loda..same poly count. Also, it is the work of another modder.

I'm sure that most would find that car in stock form to be quite slow. On the other side of the coin, I find GT/LMP class cars to be quite generic and boring...you drive one, you drove 'em all. My interest is in filling in the Road C1/B/A classes a bit. If you're not interested, that's just fine...no need for you to be acting like a clown. We can make cars from any source..my modding partner just happens to be drawing from S2U at this time.

Yes, I did. I prefer to start from original source models. Also, that car is lacking the proper Lod models...example..the Lodb is a copy of Loda..same poly count. Also, it is the work of another modder.
Hello , I like your mods , but there is one requezt , make a video tutorial on converting from shift2 in Pcars.

Yes, a tutorial would be great. What´s the next car you convert and how many cars could be expect?
Tutorial...well I just have two tools...a hammer and and screwdriver. So, I beat on things and pry up on things a bit till they look about right....I ran out of cotter pins, too....I end up taking an old nail and shoving it up in there and bendin' it around.

Seriously though, it's probably easier if somebody had made a car in NFS Shift or S2U, then made their way into modding pCars. There is a lot of hex editing. Other things like making static fuel gauge needles functional, make static shift paddles functional, remapping windscreens so rain flows the right way and has has wiper mask, finding animated wiper models, writing out new animation binaries to make rear wings bounce up and down and/or headlights pop open, replacing materials with new shaders and properties, etc, etc. Then doing work in FMOD to make audio and all of the physics work. Sort of hard to jam all that into a video tutorial.

As far as cars go...well, we just make what we want for ourselves...thought others wouldn't mind having something new to drive around, so we've been sharing them as we make them. Right now, I'm working in FMOD making AI sound for Mercedes SLR722, then I'll finalize physics...gotta slap a blower on the engine...beat things with a hammer again. My partner is working on model and material conversions for 2006 Ford GT.

Alright, alright, alright....(cough) (cough)...hold on a sec...gotta spit out my chew (spits chew onto wall, grossing out old lady). Ok...that's better..man these cars are breeding like rabbits!

Here's another new addon car...
Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400 and you can find her here.... https://www.mediafire.com/folder/4nim3o64k5lcy/cars

excuse me..gotta load up more chew now

Wow, thank you for this cars, nice work.
And, Can you add the maserati MC12 road or GT1? thanks

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 135 86.0%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 26 16.6%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 24 15.3%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 19 12.1%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 48 30.6%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 55 35.0%