PC1 Project CARS delayed to May

RUF.jpg
Slightly Mad Studios just sent us a press release announcing another delay for its racer, Project CARS.

This is just another one in a long string of delays: the latest release date, April 2, has been pushed back to "mid-May 2015".
Here's what Slightly Mad Studios' head Ian Bell had to say about it:

“Despite our long heritage and pedigree in making critically-acclaimed racing games, Project CARS is by far the grandest and most intricately detailed of them all. Despite therefore the game being 99.9% complete, the remaining 0.1% attending to small issues and bugs has been tricky to anticipate. We’re absolutely dedicated to delivering a ground-breaking experience and by targeting mid-May fans can be assured that’s what they’ll receive”

Furthermore, Bell added that all players are going to receive exclusive free content "as compensation for this short delay and as acknowledgement of how grateful we are. This gift, that we’re sure is going to excite fans, will be available from day one and revealed shortly".

What do you think of this? Are you disappointed or do you think that this delay will benefit SMS's crowdfunded simulator?

I am wondering if we are going to have an estimated delivery date the next few weeks or there are more delays after May.

In any case I don't think at Amazon they are very pleased by this situation. For me I will be waiting for the time being but this is very unusual. Lots of people who keep saying how great this game is, that it is way better than any other available sim, lots of nice youtube clips but I am not in the driving seat at the moment, maybe a passenger...
Luca, have you only pre-ordered or did you have to pay too? If it's the latter, then i can understand your feelings. Anyway, keep up good spirit and try to be a happy camper and enjoy one or two games from the list of excellent PC (sim)racing titles like rF2 (physics), GSCE (excelent pp ratio), RRRE (can't comment on that one), iRacing ($$$, best mp racing), AC (i :inlove: it a lot), rF (good old...), nKP (predecessor to AC, physics), GTR2, R07.
I know it's easy for me to say "do something else and forget the hype", but in the end, it's only making you feel worse and angry. It's not the end of the world if a game's release is postponed, there's so many others available. It might be, that you'll like the "replacement sim" so much, you'll even forget pCars, that's the risk SMS is taking. But i'm sure when it comes out, it'll set some new standards and contribute to the next titles quality and features.

Disgusting? Wow, you must get quite easily offended. Would you rather the title ship "on-time" and unfinished or delayed and polished? Disappointing maybe but I'd reserve "disgusting" for more serious offenders such as rapists and paedos. Does it really bother you that much that it's not quite ready for release yet and they want to release a quality product?

My point is the late notice, they would have known far more in advance than they have bothered to tell anyone.

I think you are very wrong to compare a game developer to a paedophile - and not really relevant to the topic is it?

James, it's not disgusting. Calm down. Settle it down.

The game will be better for it. Besides, if it's that unacceptable you can refuse to buy it or play it. I'm sure you won't be disgusted enough to pass on the game once it comes out. See you in pCars in May.;)

I was just at the 12hours of Sebring and the Audi Fan Zone tent had an Xbox running Forza with a game pad controller. I think they need to listen to their driver Rene Rast on what they need as a simulator for their fans!

Looking at some of the posts on WMD, I'd say that SMS/WMD have shafted a great many people that had INVESTED and didn't even own a PC capable of playing the game. A sorry state of affairs indeed. Investors that helped develop the game and are now told to go and buy the console version. Un-frikken believable.

Back to the delay, it was needed. LATEST BUILDS ARE NOT GOOD IN MY SUBJECTIVE OPINION.
I can't blame anyone who was expecting to get some kind of voucher that they could apply to the purchase of a console version of the game but it is what it is. I purchased the LE and had planned to use my free copy for a console version myself. However I think the most of us understand even though we may not entirely like the situation but can assume development costs ran a bit higher then SMS had expected and had to take measures to compensate for that.

Anybody who can't live with this has the choice to get out if they so choose. AFM I hope everybody stays and enjoys a slice of the pie that may just make up for these hard choices SMS has had to make.

I can't blame anyone who was expecting to get some kind of voucher that they could apply to the purchase of a console version of the game but it is what it is. I purchased the LE and had planned to use my free copy for a console version myself. However I think the most of us understand even though we may not entirely like the situation but can assume development costs ran a bit higher then SMS had expected and had to take measures to compensate for that.

Or that profit margins were looking a bit thin? Just me being cynical. ;):whistling::whistling:

How did I know you'd get this topic going again Andrew? :cool:

Yeah why so doom and gloom Andy? Sales will be in the Millions

Anyway did you hear American Women are Trying to get Andrew Jackson replaced with Betty Ford on the 20 dollar bill? :D

I'm sure they will Andrew. After all console gaming is big now. I'm quite happy sticking to proper PC race sims thanks. ;)

As for your second quote, it will never happen. They have a lot of respect for my great, great, grreat, great, great Grandad. :)

Here's hoping this is the last delay for the release. If they postpone again and I can confirm that the blades of grass and leaves on the trees along side the track do not bend/move with the passing of the cars, I will definitely see this as a sim-ARCADE and cancel my pre-order!
tumblr_inline_mhq00tgcyP1qa5ksy.jpg

If one is not able to try it, one has to go with the provided material (e.g. website, videos, pre/reviews, etc.), so I think it's a fair assessment. And with AC being a dry simulator with no frizzle whatsoever, I think I agree with the statement. Don't get me wrong, I love AC, but Project CARS offers a lot more on top.

With this continued focus on console in their official statements I just hope the PC version won't be just a console port with all the often seen limitations and/or hassle,console ports give on PC's.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%