PC2 Project CARS 2 Jaguar XJR9 Confirmed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 Jaguar XJR9.jpg

Slightly Mad Studios have confirmed the legendary Jaguar XJR-9 of late 80's Le Mans fame will be coming to Project CARS 2 this September.

The XJR-9, as driven by such massive Formula One and endurance racing names as Martin Brundle, Patrick Tambay, Jan Lammers and Andy Wallace is due to be included in the upcoming Project CARS 2 game on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Steam PC machines towards the end of 2017, and the car is sure to be a hit amongst GT endurance racing fans of the franchise. Made famous as the vehicle that led Great Britons Martin Brundle to the 1988 World Sportscar Championship and victory for the Silk Cut backed machine at that seasons 24 hours of Le Mans event in France, the Jaguar XJR-9 is one of the most instantly recognisable vehicles from a golden age of GT racing.

The car marked an overall return to form for Jaguar in long distance endurance racing towards the end of the 1980's, providing the benchmark for the British manufacturer to go on and achieve some success in the then top level of international GT racing. With overall honours at Le Mans and the WSC drivers and teams trophies secured in 1988, Jaguar would also see victories in the 24 Hours of Daytona and six overall victories in the main international World Sportscar Championship, complementing their other sole victory over in the American IMSA series. For 1989 success was less readily achieved and after only a single win over the then all dominant Nissan team, Jaguar decided to cease support for the short lived XJR-9 in place of the much newer XJR-10 which became the main focus of the factory backed teams in both IMSA and the WSC series.

Despite only having a relatively short history in sportscar racing, the XJR-9 has gone on to receive legendary status amongst GT fans and is a regular show stopper at historic racing events and championships throughout the world. Partly due to it's stunning curvaceous design and equally sticking period livery, and also because Jaguar remained one of the key players throughout a boom period in one of sportscar racings most favoured periods, the XJR-9 is a real racing drivers car and should make a wonderful addition to Project CARS 2 when the game releases around September this year.

In other image reveal news, SMS have also posted some new images of the American racing circuit Long Beach and the new McLaren 570S, both of which can be seen below and will be added to Project CARS 2 as vanilla content once the game releases to Xbox One, PS4 and PC later in the year.

Project CARS 2 Long Beach.jpg
Project CARS McLaren 570S.jpg

We know Project CARS 2 will be shipping with over 170 cars at initial launch and already we have an idea about some of the cars expected to feature within the game. If you want to keep an eye out on what's been confirmed or leaked so far, check out the Project CARS 2: The Cars Revealed So Far thread (regularly updated) to stay abreast with the latest reveals.

Project CARS 2 is due for release on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC late 2017.

Check out the Project CARS forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussions regarding Project CARS on both PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Browse out modding database, engage with the community or join in one of our many League and Club Racing events. Its all here at RaceDepartment. For Project CARS 2 specific information have a look at our Project CARS 2 sub forum.

Looking forward to the Jaguar XJR-9 in PCARS 2? What other top cars would you like to see added to the sim? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 113561

• Deleted member 113561

This vs Sauber C9 (lets hope they bring it over)
Would be nice if PCARS 2 gets the whole Group C field ...

Glad the XJR9 is getting some love in a sim, I was thinking the other day about how nice it would be to see this in something like Assetto Corsa but PC2 will certainly do as well :thumbsup:

As @Paul Jeffrey mentions the Mazda would be lovely to have as well...:inlove:

Not sure if the 956/962 is in PC2? Being a customer car you could have endless liveries on those and make a really solid Group C field.

samcar304

Premium
Glad the XJR9 is getting some love in a sim, I was thinking the other day about how nice it would be to see this in something like Assetto Corsa but PC2 will certainly do as well :thumbsup:

As @Paul Jeffrey mentions the Mazda would be lovely to have as well...:inlove:

Not sure if the 956/962 is in PC2? Being a customer car you could have endless liveries on those and make a really solid Group C field.
Especially since they seem to have Porsche licensing with the 935 being involved. but saying that it still could be a customer car. But then you could even include the Dauer 962 and pretend its a group c i dont know :)

History repeats itself looking back at pcars 1 promotion. For month the crowd goes "ooohhh and aaaahhh" until they play the game realizing it realy was all about fancy graphics...
If SMS had released Pcars 2 quietly i would have bought it. Now im sure it will be just another pcars 1

Well I'm looking forward to some good Group C racing when the RD pCars2 race club gets going. In fact I've just moved my Nigel Mansel Williams FW14 model and replaced it with the XJR 9 oto.on my pc to remind me I have this to look forward to.

It's a shame really, although group C missed me by (I only really caught the end of the era) it would be great to have a proper Group C game. Will never happen because there's no market for it (apart from fans like us).

Maybe if we all send Simbin nice enough messages we'll get a historic Group C mode in GTR3! :p

Kenny Paton

Staff
Premium
It's a shame really, although group C missed me by (I only really caught the end of the era) it would be great to have a proper Group C game. Will never happen because there's no market for it (apart from fans like us).

Maybe if we all send Simbin nice enough messages we'll get a historic Group C mode in GTR3! :p
That would be nice, but I suspect it would be too niche, but maybe as a dlc package, @Ian Bell please take my money would be my shout.

That would be nice, but I suspect it would be too niche, but maybe as a dlc package, @Ian Bell please take my money would be my shout.

Yeah you beat me to it, a Group C game would be cool but although fans like us would embrace it the market is too small.

I would so love someone to approach Virtua_LM and work with them to do a revised Group C mod. That was just great work. Ok some guess work required on the physics front but it was (and still is) good fun.

Kenny Paton

Staff
Premium
Yeah you beat me to it, a Group C game would be cool but although fans like us would embrace it the market is too small.

I would so love someone to approach Virtua_LM and work with them to do a revised Group C mod. That was just great work. Ok some guess work required on the physics front but it was (and still is) good fun.
I think it was the junior team that did the latest one but yes it was so good in F1C. I also remember grinding in GT 3 or 4 to get the Jag.
Happy days before the toxicity gathered momentum and we just enjoyed racing games.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 80 19.1%
  • €151-500

Votes: 117 27.9%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 69 16.5%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 36 8.6%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 41 9.8%
  • €3001-5000