• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

Problems with the track surface tool

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by thisisaverylongusername, Mar 27, 2009.

1. thisisaverylongusername

thisisaverylongusername

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys,

First of all, Thanks to Mr Powell for creating a great app. :hug-right:

I am having a small issue with the track surface modifier, I am attempting to apply more than one material to a road but I'm not able to select the single sections of road as per the help doc. I have linked to a picture that should hopefully explain my problem, and hopefully you guys will be able to help. Hopefully it's not just me being stupid. :music2:
    [​IMG]
    http://xs137.xs.to/xs137/09134/problem663.jpg

To explain what I am trying to achieve: I want to have texture B as the road texture, and A and C as a blend texture between road and grass to create a smooth, realistic transfer.

Thanks guys.

mandatory chuck norris smiley: :chuck:

2. _brawler_

_brawler_

Ratings:
    +0
    i think you use walls

3. Tim Robinson

Tim Robinson

Ratings:
    +0
    Go here and check out the Materials video in the Tutorials section,
    http://www.bobstrackbuilder.net/videos.aspx
    You may have to right click on it and select "Save link as..." or something similar depending on your browser.

4. chub_pearson

chub_pearson

Ratings:
    +2
    If I'm understanding you right, disregard the box you've highlighted.

Put your mouse button on the red square marked 1, hold it down and drag it to 2 and let go. This should leave a blank area from 1 to 2. Pick the Texture C you want in the listing at 3, then click on the + button [4]. [Don't double click on the texture to add it].

Attached Files:

5. 42Cliff

42Cliff

Ratings:
    +0
    also, its not possible to blend textures(for physics reasons) on track, you could use a texture that's a pic of broken up road edge or whatever you want though..