1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems finding our server

Discussion in 'rFactor' started by Bram, Jul 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Am i the only one that never can find our server in the rfactor lobby?
  2. Hans Sneep

Hans Sneep
    Premium Member

I sink that there is also an easy way to find a server, (klik) above the servernames then the server names go to alphabetic order , or the same by tracks so you can find the server faster.

3. Oh come on, don't you think that our Bram is able to sort his server list? :frusty:

Problem is that with non edited multiplayer.ini not all available servers are displayed so he can't find it.
  4. Bram

Yep, what ever i do, sorting it, refreshing it etc, it simply won't show up for me :)
  5. Have you tried the solution in Jens' post?
  6. I stumbled into the same problem a couple of days ago. By increasing this value up to 1200 or higher, it seems to solve the problem. Thank you Jens for pointing this out :thumb:
  7. Bram

Thanks guys, ill give it a try!
  8. Working Bram ?
  9. Or you can use mUtil. It will connect you directly to a server before you even think about starting rF :thumb:

Attached Files:

10. Nice! i will try that tonight Thanks:thumb:
  11. my pleasure...
  12. could you post the IP address in the password section, in the past i`ve found this to be the quickest way to find a server.
  13. Ramon van Rijn

Ramon van Rijn
    Premium Member

The tip in post #2 (http://forum.racedepartment.com/113330-post2.html) did the trick for me...
    Doing 20+ refreshes in the past is now reduces to around 4 to find the server.

We don't fancy in posting the IP :)
  14. ok, but i was just concerned about this "please note this is only recommended for high speed broadband internet connections." am affraid my upto 8mb Sky broadband is giving me <2 :(
  15. arf! "high speed" is marketing speak for anything faster than dial-up :D
  16. Does anybody knows some website with list of servers and their IP? Because my friend had same problem in finding our server even he raised Concurrent Server Updates to 1000.
  17. sometimes it can still take a refresh or two to find it & don't forget to sort the list alphabetically...

as far as i'm aware, rd doesn't publish the ip addresses for the servers....
  18. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

Was the server set up and available at the time he was looking?
  19. eh, I didnt mention, I was talking about another server not racedepartments. Yes, it was set up and available.
    Long ago I found a site with list of current online servers, but now cant remember where.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.