1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Problem with tires

Discussion in 'F1 2013 - The Game' started by Butty900, Jul 16, 2014.

1. Hello!
    I'm novice in this game and I would like to make you some question. I started carreer with 25% of the lenght of the GPs, it is normal that tires have so quick consumption? Option tires after 3 or 4 laps (for example: Hungarian GP) are already red and primes after 7-8 laps.
    While you need to stop in the box 2 times for race the opponents make only one stop and it's impossible to arrive in the first 10 drivers.

What's more every time I start a race it doesn't allow me to choose with which kind of tyres I can start the race and automatically uses most used option tyres... is it normal?

Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
  2. Andrew

Andrew
    Global Moderator Staff Premium Member

Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
    • Love Love x 1
  3. I actually play it on PS3

• Beer Beer x 1
  4. Marc

Marc
    Premium Member

You are forced to use the set of tires you`ve chosen for qualy in race, cause of that try to do just one hot lap and after that, if you like to, take a new one.
    Hungary f.e. burns tires very much, you need to deal with it. Keep it smooth around the track, try to find a good flow...

5. their is no flow, the tyres are scripted, so you have to go with what you have

6. Has this been proven? I hear people mention it frequently, then hear others contradict it and say that it is not entirely scripted just horribly scaled. The majority of threads I have found tend to result in people arguing that it is not entirely scripted, just poorly scaled and not as relevant/sensitive as it should be.

@Butty900 - The best thing you can do is save your Q3 tyres. Only run one hotlap.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Thanks guys!